The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I’m back.

By on July 8, 2009 3:40:37 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

image Vacations are always over too fast.

Ever wondered why games don’t tend to be released in the Spring or Summer? Besides the Winter being better for retail, the other thing, at least in software that I’m beginning to see is that it’s harder to get updates out quickly because that’s when people tend to go on vacation.  So it’s definitely been a slog getting updates out the door these past few weeks.

It’s just as well because as games evolve, the needs of the game community change.  Here are some of the things that have risen high on the list of things to add into Demigod in future updates:

1. I’d like to see a randomize teams in custom games. That is, players press a button and when the game starts, the teams are mixed up.  There is definitely a growing issue about “pre-mades” vs. “random”.  We will have to talk to Gas Powered Games to see what can be done without blowing up the budget but I think this is an issue that is needed.

2. I also think that clans/groups are probably going to need to be moved up ahead of mod support. Currently v1.2 is looking at modding as a major focus. But I’m curious to hear what you guys think about this because I think modding, as important as it is, may not be as important as making it easier for groups to play together.  The pre-made issue wouldn’t be so obnoxious if it were pre-mades vs. pre-mades.  Again, the trick here is to do this without blowing up the budget.

3. More demigods. This is a topic that comes up on every call with Gas Powered Games. Right now, they’re focusing on finishing up the demo but getting some sort of pipeline of new demigods is something we think is critical. 

4. The freaking stats.  While this would probably be #1 on my personal list, I’m painfully aware that I’m in the minority on this.  Nevertheless, abusing my position here a bit I assigned part of our software group to get in there and nail down the stupid stats.  I’ve come to understand that the situation is a lot harder than it would seem (at least intuitively).  But not to be a bastard, I don’t really care if it’s “complicated”. If I win, it better bloody show up on my record. 90% of people probably don’t care but I personally think the 10% who do care are crucial to the game’s long term on-line viability. 

Now, this is by no means a complete list. Replays, Rematches, and lots of other things are on the list for a v1.2 which we are negotiating with GPG.   But these are the kinds of things that I think are pretty crucial in my opinion.

+912 Karma | 159 Replies
July 15, 2009 10:06:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This game is not challenging in single player and what do we call a game that's not challenging in SP?

A MULTIPLAYER GAME!!!!!!!!

Quoting Enraged_Camel, reply 23A ladder system is not a rudimentary game function. Neither is clan support.

If you watch the whole INTRO movie when the game starts instead of desperately clicking the "esc" button, you might just feel the urge to rewrite you sentences! It's a battle between God's and their fight to become the one, and you control their destiny.

Which God will you choose, etc. etc.

July 16, 2009 3:41:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ChessLike,
This game is not challenging in single player and what do we call a game that's not challenging in SP?

A MULTIPLAYER GAME!!!!!!!!

Quoting Enraged_Camel, reply 23A ladder system is not a rudimentary game function. Neither is clan support.

If you watch the whole INTRO movie when the game starts instead of desperately clicking the "esc" button, you might just feel the urge to rewrite you sentences! It's a battle between God's and their fight to become the one, and you control their destiny.

Which God will you choose, etc. etc.

If possible, before anything else please fix the host quitting resulting in a loss for anyone that remains thing...

July 17, 2009 1:56:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ChessLike,
ETA on the newpatch?

I know you are dooing your best and are stressed but I would really like to know when we can expect it

You are never going to get an ETA on the new patch because Stardock and GasPowered both have more important things to do (Elemental and Supcom2). I have a feeling this game is getting deserted.

July 17, 2009 11:18:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Game is awesome and very well balanced. Absolutely loving it right now and lanning it with my buddies.

More Demigods could upset the balance. I felt that Dawn of war was very well balanced up untill the dark crusade expansion but after the soulstorm expansion the game felt over-done and boring.

I hope DG doesnt share a similar fate. Eagerly looking forward to patch but untill then "let the fun resume"

Long live the OAK

July 17, 2009 11:30:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah game is perfectly balanced - go play Fortress game vs good minion vampire in Pantheon.

July 17, 2009 3:59:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,

Quoting ChessLike, reply 22ETA on the newpatch?

I know you are dooing your best and are stressed but I would really like to know when we can expect it

You are never going to get an ETA on the new patch because Stardock and GasPowered both have more important things to do (Elemental and Supcom2). I have a feeling this game is getting deserted.

Yep. We need to get progress updates every week because people want to know what is going on behind the scenes.

Communication is important for keeping the community together.

July 22, 2009 7:13:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Virginio,
Game is awesome and very well balanced. Absolutely loving it right now and lanning it with my buddies.

More Demigods could upset the balance. I felt that Dawn of war was very well balanced up untill the dark crusade expansion but after the soulstorm expansion the game felt over-done and boring.

I hope DG doesnt share a similar fate. Eagerly looking forward to patch but untill then "let the fun resume"

Long live the OAK

100% agreed.

My 2 cents. Add character customization, please, it'll make the game better for sure.

July 22, 2009 7:39:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Poul,
Yeah game is perfectly balanced - go play Fortress game vs good minion vampire in Pantheon.

Play oak suicide build

July 22, 2009 8:18:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

I can say, the game NEVER crashes on us here and the reason GPG hasn't already fixed it is that it doesn't happen there either.

You made my day! - troll dich

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.