The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[BUG] Casting 2 Circle of Fire in less than 10 seconds

By on July 8, 2009 11:56:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Haven't seen this posted in a bug report thread so here goes one.

If you cast a new Circle of Fire before a previously casted one has ended, both end when the first one's timer is over.  This happens when you have reduced it's cooldown so you cast the second one less than 10 seconds after the first one.  The effect is usually that the second one will dissapears almost immediately after cast.

+3 Karma | 9 Replies
July 8, 2009 12:11:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This bug also happens with Flag locks. It won't reset the timer and you have to wait until the first lock ends (COMPLETELY).

July 10, 2009 7:56:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting maxxy,
This bug also happens with Flag locks. It won't reset the timer and you have to wait until the first lock ends (COMPLETELY).

Well, this one is not a bug. If new flag lock would reset the timer, you could just tp ANYTIME to locked flag and lock it again. It would be impossible to take locked flag back to other team. So it's good as it is now with flag locks.

July 17, 2009 3:35:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is nothing stopping you from doing what you describe.  In fact, I have been doing that quite few times, teleport to flag just as it's lock is about to expire, lock again as soon as it does.  Besides you can't lock an already locked flag, the first one has to expire anyway.

I don't think you understood the bug.  This is how it works:

• Lock timer is 45 seconds
  • Lock cooldown is (i think) 30 seconds

• Lock flag 1
  • 30s later Lock flag 2
  • at 45s, both locks dissapear (havent verified the bug with locks, but that is the way it happens with Circle).

Ther is no reason why Lock 2 wouldn't have a separate timer.  If they don't want the same DG locking 2 flags, they should increase the cooldown on locks.

July 17, 2009 4:09:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lock cooldown is (i think) 30 seconds

lock cooldown is 45 secs

July 17, 2009 4:19:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah ok, then it only happens when you reduce the cooldown.

So basically they should not allow cooldowns like Locks to be reduced in order to avoid same demigod locking 2 flags if that is the goal.

Regarding CoF - it should expire the first one immediately upon casting the second one if they want to avoid having 2 CoF in play by the same DG.  The second one duration should not be affected.  Or just put them on separate timers and allow them to be stacked (it's not like CoF is a game breaking skill )

July 17, 2009 5:02:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Misfortune

Lock flag 1
30s later Lock flag 2
at 45s, both locks dissapear (havent verified the bug with locks, but that is the way it happens with Circle).

Ther is no reason why Lock 2 wouldn't have a separate timer(...)

So you have waited WHOLE WEEK to reply this, and you even didn't verified what "you heard" ?

Ok, so i just opened skirmish game at cataract, bought 2 capture locks, took -cooldown favor item, locked 1 flag, after 30 seconds locked another, and... voila !! Both flags HAS SEPARATE TIMERS !! Do you know how long it took me to check this ? Around 2 MINUTES (including starting the game !!).

July 17, 2009 5:28:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And the original post was regarding Circle of Flame which I have verified as bugged.  Sue me for trusting people (and I didn't "hear" about locks, it was posted in this thread)...

July 17, 2009 5:53:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, it wasn't posted...

maxxy

It's about how flag locks works. You have to wait untill 1st lock is gone before using 2nd on SAME flag. If you use 2 flag locks on same flag, time isn't added / timer don't reset (that's NOT a bug imo).

So:

1) you lock a flag

2) wait 40 second and lock it again (while it was locked 5s more by old lock)

3) after 5s lock dissapear (game don't count 2nd lock at all)

But if flags timer would reset everytime you lock flag again... You could just tp anytime to locked flag, and lock it again and again and again.

Right now, you can't tp too fast to flag locked by your team when 2 opponents are right there. You have to wait untill 1st lock is gone to lock flag again. So opponents have time to recapture flag (it's possible to them). And imo that's how it should work.

BTW: Yeah, Circle of Fire bug exists and need to be fixed (but knowing GPG this won't happen in near future ).

July 17, 2009 7:57:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uh, I was under impression that you can't use Lock on already locked flags.  I was kinda sure that if a teammate locked a flag it wouldn't allow me to use Lock on it so I kind of defaulted my understanding of maxxy's post to what I described (locks used on different flags).

I understood that just as you have to wait for first CoF to end, that the same goes for Locks.  I implied that if you don't, both would expire at the same time (both Locks just as both CoF do)...

Anyway:

BTW: Yeah, Circle of Fire bug exists and need to be fixed (but knowing GPG this won't happen in near future ).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.