The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod: Lucifer The Fallen Angel (General)

By on July 6, 2009 2:59:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi everyone, I have this Idea of a Demigod that I really would like to see in the future.

Lucifer The Light Bringer

Lucifer starts of as an angel of the light.

Hi fights with his holy sword and and uses buffs to make himself and his allies stronger (the idea is that Lucifer should be the right hand of the team, helping his teammates with his holy powers)

One of Lucifers powers is to raise his hand to the sky and divine light is is shortly flashing the nearby area. This powers is decreasing the attack and movment speed of all minions and enemy deamigods. This is suppose to make it look like the time in the area has slowed down.

At Level 10 Lucifer automaticly gets a new ablility, Dark/Devil form this allows him to use a new set up of skills, just like Queen Of Thorn.  The Warrior of the light kneels in pain with his hands covering his face. in a second he rises up, reaching for the sky. He has changed into a creature of the dark, red burning eyes, hornes, tail, burnt skin and deamon wings (in short words the Devil). 

The Idea is that in mid/late game you can choose to build your demigod in three ways:
The Pure Angel Build: the player chooses to go all in for the Light abillitys.
The Fallen Angel Hybrid Build: the player quickly changes form to use both Light and Dark skills in a smart way.
The Devil Build: the player goes for the Dark abilitys ("hey what about my first 9 points?" well this requiers a smart solution)

Lucifer The Fallen Angel

The Devil can summon two strong deamons (with a long, long cooldown)
How about some strong attacks or maby some curses which does something unpleasant to the enemys? 

Please feel free to help me out with the exact speacial abillities of this Demigod, I like when the community helps out and decide things together
I am not sure if my idea will fit into the story of Demigod, but there is always a way to walk around it.
I will edit this post if i get some respones and ideas from you guys

+2 Karma | 31 Replies
July 6, 2009 5:12:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well it would seem that he should get a reset at level 10 when he gains this ability. And early game he should be weak but endgame become either extremely good at buffing. A hybrid of buffing and heavy burst damage. Or some REALLY heavy long cooldown burst damage.

We are missing a burst damage general this could be it. Good idea. I would like this general if created to be a little more independant form his minions allowing him ALONE to be more of an assassin general hybrid. The light side could be the general side and the dark side could be assassin or vice versa.

Now we need to fight his lawyers in the courts to get him in the game... good luck... and thats A LOT OF GOOD LAWYERS

July 7, 2009 8:46:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good idea. Choosing light(buff)/dark(debuff) path looks cool. But maybe he should choose his path at the beginning (as TB does with fire/ice forms).

July 7, 2009 9:32:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regulus is already the fallen angel type.

July 7, 2009 1:54:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good idea, but you should go a little more in depth with it such as do some more skills and some of his history. But again good idea. Just needs some more work

July 7, 2009 3:19:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't like references to christianity.
And I think implementing a character with such obvious connection to the christian bible can be quite controversial.

July 7, 2009 3:36:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Generally, I think they should stay away from all modern/current/major religions; not for political correctness, but because the game is about demigods seeking to acheive full godhood, not god(s) being god(s). Maybe it's just me, but ideas like Satan and Death seem just way too overpowered as concepts to qualify.

July 7, 2009 5:13:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

True. Maybe create a character that is at least based off light as a buff and dark as a debuff with 2 abilities but not as christian. I myself am a very strong christian so i didn't exactly like the choice of person but the idea is good. Make it less of a referance to modern regligion and i'd sign. (start another post if you do)

July 7, 2009 6:04:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think that having Queen of Thorns being basically nude was about as immoral as the game needed to go...I have friends who simply wouldn't pick up the game if they saw her character model, or heard her catch phrases, or saw the crazy almost demon looking Torch Bearer...don't need to start adding completely blunt references to the bible into the game.

July 7, 2009 6:55:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi guys.
I see where this is going, I am not religious myself but I am really facinated by it and the story of the good turning into evil. I tought that Lucifer isnt really a god he is more like a demigod ( in my oppinion) and would therefore fit in this game. But as it seems that people is getting offended by my idea my enthusiasm for it is gone.

so I dont really know what to do with this thread..

July 8, 2009 10:27:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Create another demigod with a less referance to the bible. Give it that same good gone evil flair but don't make it so much of a referance.

July 8, 2009 6:24:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the general idea of where you were going too. It looks like it could be a really cool character. I think you should do what Xavior said and come up with another demigod who's not a reference to actual religions, but has the same sort of "feel" and story as your original idea. 

*edit*

and +1 karma for being understanding of people's offense rather than calling everyone stupid religious idiots as some would

July 8, 2009 6:27:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK Ill think about something to get it right and come up with more details,
but first... i got to sleep^^

July 8, 2009 8:13:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only remaining problem I see is that such a character concept seems like it should switch sides in the middle of play.

July 9, 2009 12:23:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hate this funny name Lucifer

July 9, 2009 12:46:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

not to be offensive or anything but guys its a video game, and honestly i dont find it to offensive myself. If i do offend u dont overreact and im srry just saying that its only a video game.

July 9, 2009 12:49:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i just got a great idea for ur dg dude. Instead of him being holy he should switch between life and death like a spirit and then death. if u like the idea i could also create some skills and abilities for him.

July 9, 2009 11:02:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting drugfreeboy,
I like the general idea of where you were going too. It looks like it could be a really cool character. I think you should do what Xavior said and come up with another demigod who's not a reference to actual religions, but has the same sort of "feel" and story as your original idea. 

*edit*

and +1 karma for being understanding of people's offense rather than calling everyone stupid religious idiots as some would

Yes I was also very thankful he took the critisism well. +1 from me too.

Quoting UncleanBeast,
 i just got a great idea for ur dg dude. Instead of him being holy he should switch between life and death like a spirit and then death. if u like the idea i could also create some skills and abilities for him.

Listen to him. This would be the easiest way to get the good and bad side you are hoping without having the issue of is he dark or light side. Plus it would still give you the same abilities and probally an easier way to get a backstory.

Quoting SetarcosNous,
The only remaining problem I see is that such a character concept seems like it should switch sides in the middle of play.
[

As unclean beast said.

Quoting UncleanBeast,
 not to be offensive or anything but guys its a video game, and honestly i dont find it to offensive myself. If i do offend u dont overreact and im srry just saying that its only a video game.

I myself wouldn't find it OFFENSIVE but I'd be afraid of what the rest of the christian world would make of it. Look what happened to the polar express.

July 9, 2009 1:03:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,

yeah that is a good way to solve the problem! But I think the life/death DG needs other abilities than "Lucifer", why dont you make your own thread? Ill be more than happy to help with ideas. ^^

Cuz I tought "hey why are there only two female character in Demigod?"  i tought id keep the buff, teamplay and slow down time ideas but leave the transformation idea out, so I drew a all holy/light Demigod this morning. It is a pain in the ass to color it in photoshop, it takes soooo freaking much time to do, so this is how she looks right now. 
(i know she look kinda "WoWish" but hey.. )

July 9, 2009 3:23:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah well every DG looks pretty WoWish, but its still cool haha

July 9, 2009 4:25:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I find it funny that people think my posts imply I am offended.

Personally, I view the biblical figure of Lucifer/Satan as a Prometheus (if I thought there was some "spiritual truth" to the bible, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually the devil that gave us free will); but either way you look at it, the characters fought against their own.

July 9, 2009 9:40:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SetarcosNous,
I find it funny that people think my posts imply I am offended.

Personally, I view the biblical figure of Lucifer/Satan as a Prometheus (if I thought there was some "spiritual truth" to the bible, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually the devil that gave us free will); but either way you look at it, the characters fought against their own.

I moreso just didn't like the idea that the devil would be trying to ascend to godhood.

The all holy/light demigod is a good idea because it more fits with the game. They are trying to be gods so why are they letting an evil guy join. And since there are only 2 female characters another one would seem nice.

July 10, 2009 12:51:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey unreal shadow! I've worked on the idea a little and heres what i've got so far: Name, Chronus/Khaos , Specialty: Essenses (Essenses are two diffrent aspects of the demigod that each portray diffrent stats and abilities) History: Even at birth Markos was odd. Hey seemed to be two diffrent people at once. Sometimes he would be angry and insane and then suddenly he would be calm and controlled. The Monks at the Chapel of Light had no way of knowing how to talk to him because they feared how he might react.

As the years past his two personalities began to outline themselves even more. At the age of 13 they became uncontrollable. They banished Markos from the chapel. So, Markos wandered the earth, trying to hide what was inside of him or who. As the years passed by he soon realized that he could not hide them nor could he ignore them. By the age of 18 he had murdered many and saved many. He walked the Earth confused and alone... until an odd firgure leaped from the shadows. The figure turned out to be Death, but for some reason death would not take him away.

"Why do you not kill me already? I have lived my life and taken more than you could imagine. I live in torment, not knowing who i will be the next minute. Why do you not take me to hell because anywhere is better than here!" he cried in pain. "I cannot because you are immortal. You are the son of Flame and pain and you are the son of Light and health. All i can tell you is to stop fighting it and release it. Then and only then will you truly be yourself."

Death faded away, leaving Markos alone once again. "Release it?" Markos gave himself up, let the emotions and pain rush forward. A blinding light flooded his eyes and he blanked out. When he awakened, he wore golden armor and bore a sword and sheild. He remembered nothing, only that he had good deeds to do. When he set out he found he had spiritual powers, such as healing and curing diseases. He could summon spirits to support him in battle

One day a child came up and asked him"What's your name?". He stared at the child dumbfounded. Suddenly something came to him. I am Chronos the spirit master! After many years had passed an odd feeling overcame him. A blinding light flooded his eyes and when he oppened them, he wore fiery armor and bore a massive blood covered sword. He knew nothing but destruction and pain.

The same child asked him the same question. "who am i, I am Khaos!" he then and there sliced off the childs head. He changed form again, to Chronos, and knelt beside the limb body. "What have I done!" he screamed into the heavens. He would be alone again since the deed he had done. The deed his father had done. There was no refuge from what he was, because he could not die, but he still did not control the powers. Or did he? He tried with all of his might, but alas he had nothing. He left from all living things. He walked to a mountain and wept until he fell into a deep sleep.

When he woke up, a tall shadowy figure stood before him. When it stepped into the light of the morning sun, it was a female dressed in armor and she carried a sword. (Your female character) "Who are you now? Another person come to mock my disease? " the female said nothing only walked forward until they were face to face. "You are a wretched soul. Get the hells away from me!" "No, i am you." She then leaped forward, through him, into him.

He found after that, he had control of his sides. When he was his spirit side, he the female. He became him again in the form of pain and destruction. He walked the earth keeping the balance between light and darkness. He became two diffrent people altogether.

I implemented your female character as his spiritside. Here are some abilities for Khaos, I'll have some for Khronos latter.

Shift essence: Markos (What i will call him for now) shifts his essence into one of his greater bodies, either the spirit master or Pain lord.(Markos starts out with ability, because him changing in the middle of a game might put you off temporarily and could cost you the game)

Devour essence(Khaos): Khaos devours one of his minion's essence(Not Archfiend). 25% of it's HP heals Khoas(This doesn't kill the minion) (yet)

Level two: 50% HP, 25% becomes mana.

Level three 50% HP, 50% mana.

Summon Archfiend: 100 mana, 3min. cooldown. Khaos brings out his companion, the Archfiend. The Archfiend has 800HP, 300 mana

50 attack. He also has these abilities. Devour essessnce( same as Khaos) Inner pain 80 mana 2sec cast time, 10 sec cooldown The Archfiend brings out the inner pain in an area causing units in the area to become immobile for 5 seconds. Khaotic sword, your Archfiend brings out his Khaotic sword giving him a medium aoe attack and he inflicts 40 bonus damage, but he moves 50% slower and attacks 30% slower.(The Archfiend will gain more abilities as Khaos levels up. You can only have one Archfeind out at a time)

Summon Painlings: Khaos calls forth his Painlings from the depts of pain. 70 mana, also costs 5% total of Khaos' HP. Summons 3 Painlings, each with 150 HP and 35 attack.

Level two: 5 Painlings, each with 200 HP, and 45 attack

Level three: 7 painlings. each with 230 HP, 60 attack and Lost soul (ranged unit) 50 HP, 300 attack (this thing causes massive damage but drops like a fly) Has the Barrage ability (Barrage: A lost soul fires up to 5 rounds of shots, each with 8 attacks very quickly, these attacks do +50 damage. This ability,if used will kill the lost soul)

Level four: 9 Painlings, each with 250 HP, 63 attack and 3 lost souls with only +10 more damage.

Soul fire: 40 mana, no cooldown no cast time. Khaos inflicts a soul fire on one of his minions, causing it to to take 30 damage every second until it dies. When it dies, it will implode causing damage in a small area equal to how much damage was taken from this ability.

Level two: 60 mana, no cooldown, no cast time. 50 damage every second, will implode in a large are for 120% of the damage taken from this ability.

Destructive Frenzy: 1% total HP, 1% total mana 5 sec cast time, 5min cooldown(Massive cooldown for a reason) Khaos goes into a full on Destructive Frenzy, everytime he attacks his damage will be increased by 5% as with his attack speed. This will go until 100 seconds, until deactivated or until Khaos dies(Because this ability drains 1% of his HP a second) He cannot cast anything or be healed in anyway while this is active so he doesn't become to godlike. Warning: when using this skill there is a 30% chance that you will lose control of Khaos so basicly, your screwed if this happens he doesn't deactivate this and he goes wherever  he wants.

That's all ive got for now. Hope you like it Unreal.

July 10, 2009 4:47:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Damn UncleanBeast you are good at comming up with stories, i lake it alot ^^
I think he some how needs to master his both sides to use them as he wish, maby he meets someone hwo can train him and say the coolest and most classic comment in the world "with great powers comes great responsibillity" (this is where my female DG comes into the picture )

ok that was a little of a joke but he got to learn how to control himself since the players are controlling him in the game, cuz he is not suppose to randomly swith personality right? (but maby the story gets too long then?)

btw ill be away for a couple of days, but ill try to come up with some more ideas while i am gone.^^

July 10, 2009 11:18:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UnrealShadow,
Damn UncleanBeast you are good at comming up with stories, i lake it alot ^^

Exactly what i would have said. I especcially like it. If there is an evil more sinister side to him he needs a beserk ability with the way the story went. In which he gains maybe double attack and double armor and double regens but you lose complete control of him for 10 seconds.

July 10, 2009 12:08:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anybody else who wants to chip in with abilities and ideas is welcome to and remember, i will work on my last post everyday(usally) so check it out whenever cause it'll keep getting bigger and bigger. 

Hey XaviorsFist i used ur idea for the going insane thing on destructive frenzy. Check it out
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.