The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

About the demo...

By on June 30, 2009 4:17:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hope there will be a tutorial explaining the basics that goes with it, whether it be a trailer or a video included in the demo. Remember all the backlash when the game launched? I for one will be hosting a server to help new players when the demo comes out.

Also, trailers are the most effective way to get your game noticed. Demo? Trailer. Patch 1.2? Trailer. New Demigods? Definitely trailers. When you release a video, you force game sites to notice it and post it. And the game just looks so cool, I could be sold on the graphics alone. The original trailer is great, but it was released way before the game came out. Maybe try using the new replay abilities to show some really intense in-game footage? What about Demigod: Battle Reports a la Starcraft?

+5 Karma | 3 Replies
June 30, 2009 8:59:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I personally think ingame tutorials are kinda a nice thing to see in a game...but ppl shouldnt be spoiled by them.  This game didn't have one, and I don't think it needs one.

July 8, 2009 6:43:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod needs a tutorial more than most games. It took me forever to figure out where the heck my freaking war score comes from. I just got by at first because I naturally figured capping flags was a good way to spend my time.

July 9, 2009 9:44:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
At first I tried to control the creeps lol but after that it got easier. Hopefully Frogboy reads this topic and discusses it with Marketing.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.