The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Achievements not saving correctly

By on June 30, 2009 2:50:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Goggris

Join Date 05/2009
+2

I see a lot of discrepancies on my achievement page and was wondering if this was a known issue that it wasn't saving right.

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/achievements/player/43213/

Things to note:

Regulus the Butcher

Kill 50 Demigods.

I've certainly killed waaaaay more than 50 demigods yet it shows only 8%.

Regulus the Master

Win 250 games.

I've won 31 games so far, most with Regulus and a few with UB.  How can this be 0%?

Regulus the Shopper

Buy 1000 items.

31 games so far, Buying about 6-7 items be game.  This should be 20%, not 1%.

Regulus the Veteran

Win 25 games.

This one should be unlocked but it shows it as 4%.

This is just a small sample - so what exactly is going on here?

Locked Post 43 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 26, 2009 8:23:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyone? Anything from previous posters about issues being solved or anything?

October 28, 2009 6:55:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I got the same problem the Archievments just don't save right.

November 14, 2009 7:33:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There have been 2 patches since, but nothing happend. I still have the same problems.

November 14, 2009 8:08:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nothing stats related works. be it achievements, games won/lost, ladder rank calculation.... NOTHING WORKS! adding player notes does not work either for many players. there is no one demiigod site feature i am aware of that works reliable. NONE!

i killed hundrets of demigods and none of the dmigod kill achievments work, so don't others neither.

it would be fun if someone put all bugs since beta on a list, compairing them with the few got fixed during patches and the ones we got new with patches...

January 17, 2010 6:36:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there any chance of the Achievements getting fixed? They're still buggy.

June 8, 2010 12:59:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't played this game in a long time due to this. Maybe the new patch will fix it. I'll check later and hopefully it will...else I'll be a sad panda

June 11, 2010 7:04:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 18, 2010 4:38:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So after a year of this retarded problem, the devs still refuse to fix the issue. As other people in this post confirmed, the game only saves the achievements of the first game for each DG you play with (in multi-player). And since you can only earn spendable favor points in MP by earning achievements, we can't use the nice expensive favor items due to 0 favor income.

I wouldnt count on this problem ever getting fixed if the dev's couldn't do it by this long.

August 17, 2010 3:46:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi, just got demigod and really wanted the achievements and i remember them mostly working when i played it awhile ago. This will work for single player and over lan but not sure about online as i havnt played online yet. You must create a new profile and enable the mod in the new profile for it to work as it stores data in the game.prefs a little differently.

1. Create a directory called "Achievement Fix" inside your "Demigod\Bindata\Mods" directory.

2. Create a file called "mod_info.lua" inside the "Achievement Fix" directory.

3. Open the file and place the following text.

name = "Achievement Fix"
version = 1.0
copyright = "Copyright © 2009, Demigod"
description = "This mod simply replaces the broken 1.3 achievements.lua with the v1.1 one that seemed to work. You must restart your profile for it to work properly."
author = "Odin"  
url = "http://www.gaspoweredgames.com"
uid = "76B839DA-A8A6-11DF-9D14-DA6CDFD72085"
selectable = true
enabled = true
exclusive = false
ui_only = false

4. Create a directory structure inside "Achievement Fix" called "hook\lua\sim" and place the 1.1 achievements.lua file in there.

5. Load the game and Create a new profile and enable the mod.

Havnt tested how this interacts online as havnt played online yet. If it doesnt work just use your other profile and turn of the mod. Ive tested it and it seems to work at least you can now get the achievements such as play on every map. Anything they fixed in the file between 1.1 and now would still be broken but i havnt seen any probs yet. Maybe someone with a little knowledge of lua can check the 2 files and see what they have done that caused it to not work and provide a proper fix. To me it seems they are pretty much doing the same things they were just a little differently. I would post my version up but cant see anywhere to add attachments. Anyway good luck.

October 29, 2010 10:37:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting odinnido,
Hi, just got demigod and really wanted the achievements and i remember them mostly working when i played it awhile ago. This will work for single player and over lan but not sure about online as i havnt played online yet. You must create a new profile and enable the mod in the new profile for it to work as it stores data in the game.prefs a little differently.

1. Create a directory called "Achievement Fix" inside your "Demigod\Bindata\Mods" directory.

2. Create a file called "mod_info.lua" inside the "Achievement Fix" directory.

3. Open the file and place the following text.

name = "Achievement Fix"
version = 1.0
copyright = "Copyright © 2009, Demigod"
description = "This mod simply replaces the broken 1.3 achievements.lua with the v1.1 one that seemed to work. You must restart your profile for it to work properly."
author = "Odin"  
url = "http://www.gaspoweredgames.com"
uid = "76B839DA-A8A6-11DF-9D14-DA6CDFD72085"
selectable = true
enabled = true
exclusive = false
ui_only = false

4. Create a directory structure inside "Achievement Fix" called "hook\lua\sim" and place the 1.1 achievements.lua file in there.

5. Load the game and Create a new profile and enable the mod.

Havnt tested how this interacts online as havnt played online yet. If it doesnt work just use your other profile and turn of the mod. Ive tested it and it seems to work at least you can now get the achievements such as play on every map. Anything they fixed in the file between 1.1 and now would still be broken but i havnt seen any probs yet. Maybe someone with a little knowledge of lua can check the 2 files and see what they have done that caused it to not work and provide a proper fix. To me it seems they are pretty much doing the same things they were just a little differently. I would post my version up but cant see anywhere to add attachments. Anyway good luck.

omg i would love for achievements to be fixed STARDOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 8, 2010 1:34:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same here. Acheivements only record results of first game. killed only 49 demigods? too bad for you...

ONE year and the bug's still nof fixed. If the company I work for did this to their customers, we'd have been out of business ages ago. Is that new Elemental thing handled the same way?

November 8, 2010 5:17:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any chance anyone out there has the 1.1 achievements file?  I can only get the original 1.0 and the 1.3 files... they differ quite a bit in lua.  In addition, it seems like there was a lot of work on getting achievements to work properly (see change logs), so I'm pretty confident my 1.0 version won't be all that useful. 

November 1, 2011 4:41:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I realize this is a very old thread, but I'm still having this issue. Is there any word on it? Thanks.

November 1, 2011 4:50:15 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I don't believe this issue will ever be fully fixed, tbh. 

I'm pretty sure with some tinkering around with files you can get the achievements to show up offline, but they still wouldn't properly be tracked online.

November 1, 2011 5:49:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

support

[suh-pawrt, -pohrt] Origin

sup·port

[suh-pawrt, -pohrt] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
to bear or hold up (a load, mass, structure, part, etc.); serve as a foundation for.
to sustain or withstand (weight, pressure, strain, etc.) without giving way; serve as a prop for.
to undergo or endure, especially with patience or submission; tolerate.
to sustain (a person, the mind, spirits, courage, etc.) under trial or affliction: They supported him throughout his ordeal.
to maintain (a person, family, establishment, institution, etc.) by supplying with things necessary to existence; provide for: to support a family.
EXPAND

noun

the act or an instance of supporting.
the state of being supported.
something that serves as a foundation, prop, brace, or stay.
maintenance, as of a person or family, with necessaries, means, or funds: to pay for support of an orphan.

14.a person or thing that supports, as financially: The pension was his only support.

November 2, 2011 2:20:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov: thanks for the reply, I'm not really worried about online do you know what tinkering needs to be done? I couldn't do what was suggested earlier in the thread. Maybe because I'm running Windows 7?

doggu: ...?

November 2, 2011 2:54:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Marauder - unfortunately, though, I haven't really looked into modding in a bit and this would likely require some research and a bit of effort (which I'm not personally looking to do). 

Using windows 7 shouldn't be causing you any issues. 

I'm also not even sure if the proposed fix works in the current version of Demigod.  It's just a fix that someone indicated worked on an earlier version (and might still work).  Anyway, you'd need to find an older version of achievements.lua to pull this off.  It would need to be from version 1.1 if possible... and the only way you could get that is if someone archived an older version for some reason.  Maybe version 1.0 would work (probably not), but that's the version that shipped if you own the physical disk for the game.  The way impulse handles patches, its not possible for anyone to access previous versions of the software (so you get 1.3 and only 1.3 if you download it).  

Anyway, honestly there's not a lot of hope - but if you can find that achievements file, I could try to point you in the right direction for creating the mod if you are unclear about the directions listed a few replies up.

November 3, 2011 5:18:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks, I really appreciate the offers. I think I'll just start taking smashing things as it's own achievement. Heh.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000969   Page Render Time: