The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

We need a real ranked ladder!!

By on June 29, 2009 2:44:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I realy love this game and played it since beta 1a, but I never ever saw a multiplayer game without a correct and transparent ranked ladder like Demigod.

Maybe I am to stupid to understand how the stats in this game work, but I m sure thats not the reason.

I give u just one example, (one of thousands I can give):

PANTHEON, EPOCH II:

Player CmndrBobbish played 1 game 1 win and he is number 5 in the ladder of Darkness with 1.069 exp-points

Player frostmoon9 played 9 games 8 wins, 1 loss and he is number 7 inthe ladder of Darkness with 1.059 exp-points

When u look a little bit closer u can see that CmndrBobbish's game was a game where he was host and all other guys disconnected, or the host disconnected,because what we knowis that when the host player disconnects he gets an auto-win and all other an auto-loss. NOT HIS FAULT.

Absolutly strange is that he can get so much exp-points for this game to be on place #5.

We need a REAL RANKED LADDER with a transparent pointsystem, where we can see how much points we win/lose in each singel game from/to each of our opponents.

Rename Skrimish  in RANKED GAME with random Demigods (no team doubles) and random teammates.

Never put AI's in the starting team, if one player disconnect at loading screen and an AI takes place -> stop the game without counting it! and put the player back into the queue

If u want to play a ranked game with premate teams, I give u a smart solution:

When I host a custom game give me the possibility to chose ranked or not ranked

- if I made it ranked, all settings are on default and cannot be changed, game mode is conquest and I can easy play arranged ranked game with friends against other teams. there is no need to reinvent the wheel for arranged ranked games!!

- these ranked custom game should be marked in the gamelist, so that everyone can see it and everybody knows that these games are arranged team games!!!

- no option to add AI players

Pantheon games should not count to this ranked ladder, give them a seperated one!!!

Custom games without the ranked options chosen shouldnt find a way in a ladder!!!!

cu

+1 Karma | 5 Replies
June 29, 2009 4:27:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rule nr.1: Never let a player disconnect for free. Disconnect = loss, it has to be. The rest sounds spot on though.

June 29, 2009 4:44:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wouldnt mind having unranked games. I have a few people I play with who arnt...terrific. Would be nice if it would effect me to play with them.

June 30, 2009 4:13:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have also made posts requesting changes in Ladder Rankings.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/358047

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/358045

Thank you for writing about this. If we express ourselves as a community then things will get done.

Boxleitner

July 1, 2009 5:48:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i also consider the ladder pretty useless as it is.

also see https://forums.demigodthegame.com/357580

July 3, 2009 4:02:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not having a ladder is my number one concern for this game.  I would rather have a real ladder than two new demi-gods and new maps.  It's a bad sign that no one acknowledges these requests, but the idea forum is full of terrible ideas for new demi-gods (ideas that will NEVER happen) but suggestions that matter just sink to the bottom.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.