The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Custom settings in Custom Games: Please announce them!

By on June 28, 2009 7:33:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just took part - unknowingly - in a filthy rich, level 20 custom game on Cataract. It lastet 1:58 minutes. Please guys, I don't mind playing with unusual rules but at least announce them in the game lobby, better in the game name!!!

It's extremely irritating if you buy your usual level 1 stuff for 1000 gold only to notice that you could have bought all your good equipment from the get-go. I was one of the lucky few who realized it just in time and I had my build I wanted to play planned out pretty okay by now. Still, I think the opposing team felt cheated and rightfully so. Apoloogies at this point, I too had no idea what I was going into.

I think a simple little icon somewhere would be good to see if the game is set to standard rules or not. Maybe the host could get a button to set everything to standard rules from the lobby. (You often keep your settings from your last custom game or Pantheon IIRC. Sometimes the host doesn't notice and starts a game with a rule set he didn't even want to play.)

+46 Karma | 6 Replies
June 28, 2009 7:37:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, it's nice that the game notifies other players on game setting changes when they are already in the lobby, but there should also be some indication for players who join a game with already changed game settings.

June 28, 2009 8:05:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Absolutely.

As an erebus that rushes towers like a mofo there's nothing more lame than finding out late that tower damage is on high.

June 28, 2009 8:42:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it's nice that the game notifies other players on game setting changes when they are already in the lobby
I think this only works if you have not clickt ready or something. I checked the settings when I entered and the looked standard except for fortress. There was no notification for me after that. (I clickt ready late and was keeping an eye on the connection info.)

June 28, 2009 8:52:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, usually if the host changes anything in the game settings, it is either announced via the chat (i.e. "Victory Condition set to Fortress") or Demigod prompts you to view the settings, when the host changes it.

June 28, 2009 8:53:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Colonel_Jessep,

it's nice that the game notifies other players on game setting changes when they are already in the lobbyI think this only works if you have not clickt ready or something. I checked the settings when I entered and the looked standard except for fortress. There was no notification for me after that. (I clickt ready late and was keeping an eye on the connection info.)

I dunno about settings, but if the map changes I know my ready gets turned off (so that I have to click ready again) and I'm notified of the map change.

June 28, 2009 9:24:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Strange, Spooky and I tested it and it worked perfectly. Either I had a black out moment or it was a glitch. Probably my bad. Well, the main topic is still a valid request I guess. Would be nice too see right away if there are custom settings in the game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.