The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Is this game still a joke?

By on June 25, 2009 5:05:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

schloob

Join Date 04/2009
+1

I logged in to Impulse to play some Galactic Civ and I realized I still have this game active.  Is it still a disaster from start to finish with mega lag, terrible AI, dropped games, bad record keeping, etc. etc. etc.  I was just wondering because I haven't played in a month or 2 and I might get tired of DOTA someday, but probably not.  Anyways, thanks.

Locked Post 19 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 25, 2009 5:28:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The lag is gone for my part anyway. and setting up a game was sweeter than ever last night.. The AI however is as dumb as ever.. But judging from my online experience last night i am gonna give this game a go again.

June 25, 2009 5:36:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

megalag - decent. Depends if you play 4v4 with someone on dialup who is not smart enough to understand that he doesnt have enough upstream

AI - still sucks

Dropped games - happens 20% of the time for me

Bad record keeping - still doesn't work properly

Connections are kind of ok, though.

June 25, 2009 5:39:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

limited upstream of players connections was NEVER the problem.

@topic: works fine for me for a long time ago.

June 25, 2009 5:50:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,
limited upstream of players connections was NEVER the problem.

Actually that's one of the BIGGEST problems!

Remember this is a P2P game, so if your upload speed SUCKS, the game WILL lag!

Same is true for SIM speed, if you've got 50 programs running you can't expect it to perform.

Must say it's better than it was at release though.

June 25, 2009 7:27:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is still for most intents and purposes a joke.  Even the most basic bugs remain unfixed.  AI stupidity where it literally stands there and does nothing.  Another bug where it tries to run away, but jerks around taking twice as long to actually get out.

Pathing is beyond retarded.  The action que bug is still unfixed, where if you're beast, you select spit, then change to foul grasp while moving towards the target, then 3 seconds later when you actaully get to the target, you still spit.  You have to imput a move command between the cancelled command and the new command for it to register.

June 25, 2009 7:34:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't reply to troll threads.

June 25, 2009 7:56:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

I logged in to Impulse to play some Galactic Civ and I realized I still have this game active.  Is it still a disaster from start to finish with mega lag, terrible AI, dropped games, bad record keeping, etc. etc. etc.  I was just wondering because I haven't played in a month or 2 and I might get tired of DOTA someday, but probably not.  Anyways, thanks.

1.50/50 on the lag, seen some players just randomly lag out.

2. AI is now better than some players, as I found out yesterday with an Erebus on my team.

3. I've given up on the record keeping at the momment.

4. Its a decent game.

5. Stick to DoTA something tells me you fit in with their community.

June 25, 2009 9:07:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"The action que bug is still unfixed, where if you're beast, you select spit, then change to foul grasp while moving towards the target, then 3 seconds later when you actaully get to the target, you still spit."

Is that really a bug?  Doesn't that allow you to have Foul Grasp ready for use just as soon as Spit is finished?  Not trying to be a pain, I just want to understand.

June 25, 2009 10:01:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if it's not a bug, it makes very little sense.  Also, from what i can recall, i never actually get the foul grasp after spit.  Most abilities have a significant cast time.  Why would it que the second ability if my first ability has a cast time?  you have to assume the guy will move, and therefore it should assume an override when i reselect an option.

Also, any action still stops you in your tracks.  Stupid if not a bug, and should be fixed.

June 26, 2009 2:44:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Aviyur,

quoting post

1.50/50 on the lag, seen some players just randomly lag out.

2. AI is now better than some players, as I found out yesterday with an Erebus on my team.

3. I've given up on the record keeping at the momment.

4. Its a decent game.

5. Stick to DoTA something tells me you fit in with their community.

I don't play competitive video games to belong to a "community."  I play to compete and play a fun game that works well.  But thanks for the snide remark anyways. If I want to join a community I will find a real life event like church or alcoholics anonymous to attend.

June 26, 2009 6:09:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synreal,

But thanks for the snide remark anyways.

You're very welcome. Bye now.

June 26, 2009 7:38:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you look at it like any other random developer game i guess its ok.

If you look at it as a competitive stardock published RTS/RPG hybrid game then its still a bad baaaad joke.

June 26, 2009 9:37:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Online Features are still very, very poor.

Connectivity has definately improved which is good - you shouldnt have much trouble starting a game up.

June 26, 2009 10:44:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Certainly seems like the game is still in a Beta version.  Demigod 2 will come out with all the issues resolved...

June 26, 2009 10:49:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There wont be a Demigod 2

They are going to update this game so much they are basically going to change into Demigod 2. Thats probably still a while away though.

June 26, 2009 11:01:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They could do a Valve and surprise us all:

"Hi Guys! Good News - we're happy to annouce that Demigod 2 will be releasing for Christmas!" - Gas Powered Games

"..." - Community

"We've listened to our community and have learnt alot from Demigod. At launch, it's going to feature one of the most robust community feature sets ever released, and we've tailored a user-friendly GUI for a list of options that enable you to change literally every feature of the game to your liking. We're also including out of the box modding tools, an easy to use map maker as well as all the necessary programs and extractors to create your own Demigods!"

"..."

"We're also going to ensure that Demigod 2 launches with a wide variety of content - 20 Demigods, and 55 Maps across 10 game modes. We're also including Unreal Tournament style mutilators which allow for custom game modes to be created to ensure that the community can really create any type of game they can imagine!"

"..."

"We're also including the ability to record videos and upload them directly to YouTube for easy viewing - as well as the ability to capture screenshots and have them viewable as part of your online profile. This will ensure the community can create fan movies and all kinds of other media simply and incredibly fast!"

"..."

"We're also happy to annouce that, as of October, we're holding an open beta to really help us stamp out any bugs we might encounter to ensure that the connectivity system is bulletproof at launch!"

"...$...$...$...$..." - The sound of a million refunds being requested

June 26, 2009 11:39:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They could do a Valve and surprise us all:

Personally I would pay another $50 for a Demigod like the one you described.

Assuming it worked.

June 26, 2009 11:47:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey, the concept and graphics are great..... but... people stay for the gameplay.  It's tough... how do you encourage game makers to try something new and not punish the hell out of them.... hmmm...  Dmeigod 3?? 

June 26, 2009 12:10:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the game still crashes for me before I get into a game occasionally. Sometimes people still lag out of the game for whatever reason (probly just their internet most of the time). The game is light years ahead of what it was at launch though.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000563   Page Render Time: