The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

wow to this patch

By on June 24, 2009 1:39:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

12k for HoL = get dam cloak of flames which is hard enough to get would be better and save another 6k for mage slayer.

i can understand the cd time increase. i can not understand almost tripplen the cost though.

i guess is this game if you whine to much then you get a nerf.

+3 Karma | 73 Replies
June 24, 2009 1:45:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It was a lame tactic and Item that reduced strategy glad it was moved.

Bravo

June 24, 2009 1:47:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

12k? uuuhhh ok. with longer cooldown.

I agree that a sligh nerf was in order, but wow....

I guess this is one item I wont be buying anymore. Much sooner have a magesloyer or a cloak of flames or godplate and run back to base if necessary.

Glad to see the priest patch in finally (after losing my last 2 games because we got priests early, despite my request not to). Im afraid though its going to be more of the same. Even if priets get halved for xp/gold (which I doubt they have) its still going to be much better for the enemy. I guess we will see in due course, but that's my prediction.

June 24, 2009 1:47:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseRadish,
It was a lame tactic and Item that reduced strategy glad it was moved.

Bravo

Completely agreed.  This game is and should be all about min/maxing.  Doing every little ounce of damage you can while taking as little as possible.  At high levels of play it becomes VERY strategic (and very fun, imo).  Heart ruined it.  Good Riddens.

EDIT: Also, to all of you complaining about how "horribly" it was nerfed.  You should also note that they added other base stats to it as well to compensate.

June 24, 2009 1:57:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's possibly hard for you to accept but changes happen! And YOU have to adopt. The world will never stand still.

And to the uneducated eye balance fixes may look like answers to whine.

But sometimes there are real balance issues to fix. Especially "power players" exploit any possible advantage even if it needs you to wear a pink dress. And what you criticize is just the fix for HoL.

But there are also the people who claim that everything is fine. Supprisingly often the people which use what you talk about.

June 24, 2009 2:23:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I doubt there's anyone here that thinks it didnt need a nerf. Its the degree of the nerf which is questionable. People will adapt... by not buying it.... ever.

June 24, 2009 2:26:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Making items useless is not balancing. HoL needed to be balanced, not removed from the game. 'Bravo' for fucking up GPG.

June 24, 2009 2:33:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the gold is a bit extreme. the one useful scenario is late game when you can't afford to go to health crystal, so you pop that and continue push on enemy citadel. but really, if you have that much gold odds are you are crushing the opposition. rarely will you have that much gold in a super close game, and there are probably better thngs to buy if it is close and you have that gold

June 24, 2009 2:36:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pretty sure they overnerfed it, but I will not mourn its passing.

June 24, 2009 2:41:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's nerfed a bit too much; at it's current power, I'd place it around the 8-10k range. But honestly, I'd rather it be totally useless than be the item needed in 90% of all builds. It was as good as a BotS for mana (well maybe not that good) and as good as having a 400g pot with an instant cast time on demand for health.

June 24, 2009 2:43:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it's perfectly balanced.

June 24, 2009 2:45:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

During beta, Warpstone was the item everyone bought.  It was around ~2,000g and now nobody ever buys it after the gold increase. 

June 24, 2009 2:46:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

7K gold is more making sense....

And we really need overhaul balancing on items anyway.

June 24, 2009 3:24:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, whatever, I haven't bought HoL for a long time already. I agree, the items in this game need a serious balance lookover.

June 24, 2009 3:30:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Way, way overpriced. 8k should be a fair price, imo.

And btw, good example with the Warp stone. It's so expensive now that it's a joke, nobody uses it.

June 24, 2009 3:36:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HoL was overpowered at least to a degree but it wasn't THAT BAD. HoL is only useful in my mind mid game and now you'd be hard pressed to even get it AT ALL. My whole strategy as Torchbearer revolved around HoL and now it has been rendered useless.

I myself even have a post protesting the strength of oaks shield + hol and now... well now it's screwed over. This in my mind was too far. WAY TOO FAR.

June 24, 2009 3:44:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You guys realize that they BUFFED THE EFFECT when they raised its price, right?

June 24, 2009 3:50:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We have several useless artifacts already, and a lot of useless regular items already. Why are they making more items that are obviously bad gold choices?

June 24, 2009 3:54:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It went from +15 hp a sec to +30 hp a sec.  The only other item that gives that much passive hp regen is the all fathers ring.  I would say thats pretty good.  Also it gives 75% mana regen instead of 50%.  Restores 4500 hp and mana instead of 3000 over 10 sec as well.  Its not like they only increased the price and cooldown, its still pretty decent.

June 24, 2009 3:55:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, alot of items were only useless due to the existence of HoL.

June 24, 2009 3:58:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't really used HoL that much, but I have to agree that this nerf seems a bit overkill. There is so much more useful items/upgrades to buy with that gold and if you have that much money, then you probably don't even need the HoL anyway.

Quoting Demonic Spoon,

Kinda irrevelant when nobody is going to use the item anyway, eh?

June 24, 2009 4:03:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Use it before and it filled your bars.  Use it now and it *REALLY* fills your bars! 

Pointless.

June 24, 2009 4:04:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think they might compensate us by adding in a new item ... seeing as how this one is now useless.

June 24, 2009 4:14:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well you are all missing a few points. They did nerf it but they also buffed it. Now you get some pretty serious HP regen and mana regen. Also it gives much more in return over the same amount of time. It might be 2-4k too expensive, MIGHT. We'll all see how it plays out.

It would seem that it'll make an oak much stronger. But they could also get the Girdle of Giants and do some owning with that to everything.

June 24, 2009 4:18:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting regabond,
Well you are all missing a few points. They did nerf it but they also buffed it. Now you get some pretty serious HP regen and mana regen. Also it gives much more in return over the same amount of time. It might be 2-4k too expensive, MIGHT. We'll all see how it plays out.

It would seem that it'll make an oak much stronger. But they could also get the Girdle of Giants and do some owning with that to everything.

Wrong. They upped the heal by 1,500, which is pathetic given the cost and regen time.

June 24, 2009 4:23:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Get the fuck over it, you can't play the game on EZ mode with HoL. Quit DG if you can't play without it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000735   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.