The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

how did the pokedex work?

By on June 23, 2009 5:46:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright guys, serious question. Unleash all your technical skills to solve this problem, because it's very serious

So in pokemon, how did the pokedex work? 

Could you just point it at a pokemon, it takes a picture, parses the image and figures out what that little beastie in front of you is?

Or did the pokemon have to say its name, then the pokedex could use some sort of vocal recognition to figure it out?

Did it use a mobile internet card that let it connect to the pokedex people's live chat operators that could then bring up the pokemon's information for you?

+6 Karma | 7 Replies
June 23, 2009 8:47:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

June 24, 2009 4:08:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So spam doesn't belong in off topic? I guess off topic is a serious place.

June 24, 2009 4:10:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uhh this isn't what you call spam. People in these forums are just so trigger happy to call things spam and people trolls

June 24, 2009 4:22:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A question as important as questions such as Did OJ do it?, what would you do for a Klondike bar?, and where the fucking hell is Waldo?, and it is possible that like the question how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop, the world may never know.

June 24, 2009 5:08:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright guys, serious question. Unleash all your technical skills to solve this problem, because it's very serious. 

So in pokemon, how did the pokedex work? 

Could you just point it at a pokemon, it takes a picture, parses the image and figures out what that little beastie in front of you is?

Or did the pokemon have to say its name, then the pokedex could use some sort of vocal recognition to figure it out?

Did it use a mobile internet card that let it connect to the pokedex people's live chat operators that could then bring up the pokemon's information for you?

I'd say it connects a pre-existing database that already has all the pokemon on it. I believe it also functions as an information recorder for new species. I'd say it scans a pic you just took, analyzes it, and returns data on it if possible.

June 24, 2009 12:43:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

image recognition, that's it

June 26, 2009 12:23:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ender1086,
A question as important as questions such as Did OJ do it?, what would you do for a Klondike bar?, and where the fucking hell is Waldo?, and it is possible that like the question how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop, the world may never know.

It's somewhere between "did OJ do it?" and "What would you do for a Klondike bar?" I guess

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.