The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

wtf=desync detected???

By on June 22, 2009 12:08:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can anyone tel me what desync detected is????

its damn anoying cant play a game when i got that message all the time!

greetings NOSFERATU

0 Karma | 7 Replies
June 22, 2009 12:38:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Either some vital data was lost in transit between players, or your data/game version don't match perfectly (it could also be caused by a user attempting to cheat, but that's not very likely).

The way the game works is that everyone is basically a server unto themselves. The other players send data over and your machine gives the appropriate orders/movements to the "them" on your copy of the game. Because of this, if some of those orders get lost or the same action does not cause the exact same result on all players' machines, you end up losing sync.

Once a game has desynced, it cannot be recovered. As time goes on, what you see and what another player sees will diverge more and more, even up to a point where the entire outcome of the game may differ. So if you get a desync, there is not much point in continuing to play that match.

June 23, 2009 4:49:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I get this problem quite frequently. I've got a Polish friend (I am in the UK). Whenever we play on Conquest we always get a Desync error at the end of the game. I've told him to give up on the Polish version and get the UK/US version!

June 23, 2009 7:55:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I got Polish friend also, who changed his game language by replacing original US language file by Polish file. At the end of the game (when citadel was destroyed) he ALWAYS got desync (sometimes in the middle of game also). When he repaced this file again (to get original state), all worked perfectly. He tried this trick few times and replacing file to Polish always caused problems. I dunno if that's Polish language file issue or you just shouldn't replace any in-game files (including language). But im 100% sure it's something wrong here.

June 24, 2009 4:35:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Poul,
Well I got Polish friend also, who changed his game language by replacing original US language file by Polish file. At the end of the game (when citadel was destroyed) he ALWAYS got desync (sometimes in the middle of game also). When he repaced this file again (to get original state), all worked perfectly. He tried this trick few times and replacing file to Polish always caused problems. I dunno if that's Polish language file issue or you just shouldn't replace any in-game files (including language). But im 100% sure it's something wrong here.

This works! For anyone trying to replicate this:

- In the demigod folder, there is another folder called "loc"

- Rename the existing language you're using i.e. "PL" (polish) to something like "PL Copy"

- Copy the US folder, and rename this to PL

The idea is of course to make DG think that it's still the PL version, but in fact, using the US version.

Nice one Poul!

June 24, 2009 6:17:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm glad i could help.

But well, let's face the truth. For people who especially BOUGHT Polish version of the game, it's a bit frustrating issue, to not be able to play with their own language (I know not all people has this language problem, just some of them). My friend was really dissapointed after we found this issue - he don't speak english very well, so fully english in-game language overwhelming him a bit. He was forced to use english language, to not get that desync error.

June 24, 2009 11:59:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I mentioned this to our loc testing people yesterday and it's looking like Atari never ran the Polish loc past us. So we will need to look into this.

June 24, 2009 1:16:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thx all

i got that message some games but then i got thet every second cant play this way with some people.

dont hope there cheating it woult be fair.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.