The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Those 2 new Demigods will be female assassins, right?

By on June 19, 2009 2:06:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dear SD&GPG,

I want to see new female demigods to balance all the male sausage in this game. I want to be able to jiggle...um, I mean juggle through as an assassin as there are no female assassin types currently which makes me a sad panda. Give us some female assassins!

0 Karma | 66 Replies
June 21, 2009 1:30:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so in english the ocoulus in gold is shit and not a full demi

June 22, 2009 2:48:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,

Lol, that would be a joke to me too, because I laughed.Well, it was the response I first thought of when I saw the joke start up and I was going to join in and post it...  and then I saw this:
To balance the game the next DG needs to be an unmarried mother of ethnic origins, from a disadvantaged background.

Her powers would be: Nappy Rash, Social Security Drain, Puke Spit and Fag Smoke.
It's just vitriolic racism.

There's a difference between racism and making fun of stereotypes. Seemed to me this was more making fun of a stereotype than scathing racism. Just because something mentions ethnicity doesn't mean it's racist.

On topic, I don't care so much about the next DGs being female or assassins. Although a different taste would be interesting. I think it'd be cool if they have like a floating Asian goddess of sorts, maybe with long, flowing robes or something. Or the monkey king Wukung from Chinese folklore, haha, that'd be awesome.

June 22, 2009 10:51:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kitkun,
You can actually get occulus in game. Just a gold-colored version of the mesh above. He has no stats or abilities though, has a vision range of 1, and dies in a hit or two from towers, though. Oh, and he doesn't respawn.

I have no idea why, but this made me rofl. +1

June 23, 2009 6:51:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting si1foo,
so in english the ocoulus in gold is shit and not a full demi

Si1foo rephrasing a pristine quality post to be more clear, citing english?

Is it opposite day?

June 23, 2009 7:31:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You can actually get occulus in game. Just a gold-colored version of the mesh above. He has no stats or abilities though, has a vision range of 1, and dies in a hit or two from towers, though. Oh, and he doesn't respawn.

He sounds overpowered

June 23, 2009 9:02:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cute kitten with frog-helmet, dressed in a pirate suit with a katana, plz brad

June 23, 2009 10:42:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There's a difference between racism and making fun of stereotypes. Seemed to me this was more making fun of a stereotype than scathing racism. Just because something mentions ethnicity doesn't mean it's racist.

I don't care what the intent was, mocking minorities isn't going to be tolerated here. And for those who want to discuss politics, take it to the appropriate category on joeuser.

June 23, 2009 11:13:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm  kryo  then if your going to say that then your going to have to tell every dude who says anything like that off too  good luck  you will need it

June 23, 2009 2:30:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kryo,

I don't care what the intent was, ...

The difference between racism and a joke is defined by intent. In fact, the difference between anything and a joke is intent.

To discard that is to reject that anyone may have a different interpretation than yourself.

June 23, 2009 2:41:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

whoever kryo was taling too could say it is discrimination because i havn't seen kryo do this to anyone else

June 23, 2009 3:00:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree that we should not mock groups such as minorities (I assume Kyro meant ethnic minorities, and not just minorities in general), but just seems a bit odd to disregard all intent. We were just being silly, as was this entire thread, until someone decided to actually be serious....

Can't we all just get along?

June 23, 2009 3:27:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this thread is for a laugh not for being seerious then kryo  comes a ruins it  *pouts*

June 23, 2009 3:59:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Given the grief the ESRB has given us over the 2 existing females, I think we all wish there had never been any female demigods.

June 23, 2009 4:04:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Istari,
Given the grief the ESRB has given us over the 2 existing females, I think we all wish there had never been any female demigods.
Now, I could understand QoT, but Sedna?

June 23, 2009 4:14:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SetarcosNous,

Quoting Istari,
reply 13
Given the grief the ESRB has given us over the 2 existing females, I think we all wish there had never been any female demigods. Now, I could understand QoT, but Sedna?

Probably the tight suit she wears. Cleavage? Or the fact that she has a large..er..cat. Or maybe the fact that animals were hurt during the making of the game. You know, to simulate the death of large cats....

June 23, 2009 4:15:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting si1foo,
this thread is for a laugh not for being seerious then kryo  comes a ruins it  *pouts*

Well, I personally wasn't referring to Kryo..

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.