The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Stats

These are stats for all demigods lvl 1, 10, and 20

By on June 17, 2009 4:01:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This post is just to show the strength of the demigods, this does not include the ability to retreat or any outside enemies...

this is just flatout demigod vs. demigod (no minions/reinforcements/towers etc etc...)

Damage output is how much damage that demigod could do before dying against another demigod that is doing the avg. DpS.

Win/Lose is a simple stat saying whether or not they would win or lose against a demigod with the avg. Modified armor HP and

the avg. damage DpS. (which one does the highest damage output and hp regen)

(in cases were regen was a problem I sovled it out the long way instead of simply putting who had the most DO)

Name: HP(Modified armor Health) - HP regen - DpS - [Damage output] - Win/Lose

At level 1:
Avg. HP- 1790
Avg. HP regen-2.63
Avg. DpS- 103
(Avg. DO is same as HP)

TB: 1545.4-2.19-95-[1425]-L
UB: 1844.5-121-2.37-[2167]-W
Reg: 1562.0-2.28-89-[1350]-L
Rook: 2082.4-3.18-110-[2223]-W
Oak: 1972.0-2.82-110-[2106]-W
QoT: 1641.4-2.37-89-[1418]-L
Sedna: 1843.2-2.82-104-[1861]-W
Lord Erebus: 1795.2-3-107-[1864]-W

highest-lowest HP at lvl 1
rook, oak, UB, sedna, LE, QoT, Reg, TB

highest-lowest DpS at lvl 1
UB, Rook+oak, LE, Sedna, TB, Reg+QoT

highest-lowest damage output lvl 1:
rook, UB, Oak, LE, sedna, TB, QoT, Reg

At lvl 10:
Avg. HP- 3331
Avg. HP regen-4.58
Avg. DpS- 184
(Avg. DO is same as HP)

TB: 2889.6-3.57-178-[2794]-L
UB: 3608.9-3.99-197-[3862]-W
Reg: 2865.4-3.77-172-[2679]-L
Rook: 3829.4-5.93-199-[4141]-W
Oak: 3700.0-5.10-187-[3760]-W
QoT: 2926.7-3.99-166-[2640]-L
Sedna: 3244.2-5.41-184-[3244]-L
Lord Erebus: 3587.4-4.9-185-[3606]-W

highest-lowest HP at lvl 10
rook, oak, UB, LE, sedna, QoT, TB, Reg

highest-lowest DpS at lvl 10
Rook, UB, Oak, LE, sedna, TB, Reg

highest-lowest damage output lvl 10:
rook, UB, Oak, LE, sedna, TB, Reg

At lvl 20:
Avg. HP- 5310
Avg. HP regen-6.8
Avg. DpS- 295
(Avg. DO is same as HP)

TB: 4624.0-5.1-292-[4576]-L
UB: 5897.6-5.8-302-[6037]-W
Reg: 4562.1-5.43-292-[4515]-L
Rook: 6000.2-9-327-[6651]-W
Oak: 5886.0-7.63-290-[5786]-W
QoT: 4554.3-5.8-271-[4183]-L
Sedna: 4993.2-8.3-291-[4925]-
Lord Erebus: 5964.4-7.05-291-[5883]-W

highest-lowest HP at lvl 20
rook, LE, UB, oak, sedna, TB, Reg, QoT

highest-lowest DpS at lvl 20
Rook, UB, LE, sedna, TB, Reg, Oak

highest-lowest damage output lvl 20:
Rook, UB, LE, Oak, sedna, TB, Reg, QoT

I find it really interesting that the Top demigod according to the pantheon is actually repeatedly low on the list...  

also if I looked at this list i would guess that Oak was an assassin and not a general and vice versa for Regulus and Torchbearer.

+1 Karma | 10 Replies
June 17, 2009 4:09:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's easy, melee is stronger then ranged cause they don't benefit from range.  It's the same reason that some items have a difference chance of going off depending on if you are melee or ranges (it's always lower for ranged, usually 50% as often).  this is needed cause ranged fighters have a big advantage,and get off shots before the melee fighter can close in on them.  This is diregarding heroes abilites, and whether or not they have summons or not.

June 17, 2009 4:47:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, damage makes sense... proc rates don't. I mean, should +dmg items also give less damage to ranged DG's?  And the fact it is undocumented is absolute crap.

June 17, 2009 5:11:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We'll +dmg items don't scale down with ranged only ones with a %chance.  So +dmg items are always a good value for ranged charachters.  The fact that a reg had the farthest range means that +dmg items and speed can prevent a melee hero from getting a single hit in.  If you gave items the same chance of slowing at range as you did at melee range then melee fighters would never get close to the ranged charachters ever.

Assume a reg vs UB.  UB is faster but Reg slows with poison dagger, wyrmskin gloves, and maim, and does it at the percentages listed.  I can assue you in this particular case the UB would not be able to get anywhere near close enough to land a single shot (minus spit).  This is pretty much the case anyways though even with the percentage on range being reduced as reg can add in mines

I do agree however that it's Bs that it's not listed in the item descriptions.  It's easily taken care of, just look at some of the items in dota, that clearly have this labled.

June 17, 2009 8:56:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't agree that 'melee fighters would never get close to the ranged charachters ever'. That's just too far into hyperbole, and I've PLAYED a slow based reg enough to know it isn't true even with substantially more than just the dagger and the handguards.

But anyway, we aren't really talking about that balance, just whether or not it makes sense to have the tooltip being misleading.

June 17, 2009 10:24:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zechnophobe,
I don't agree that 'melee fighters would never get close to the ranged charachters ever'. That's just too far into hyperbole, and I've PLAYED a slow based reg enough to know it isn't true even with substantially more than just the dagger and the handguards.

Actually you just proved my point.  You have built a slow based reg enough to know that it's not true that they will never reach you, but if you were do have double the chance of slowing them, i"m sure you would notice how rediculously a big difference this is.  Right now you probably slow over 50% of the time, if they doubled it, you'd be slowing before they reach you around 90%, and it would be beyond broken.  That's why it does less % for ranged.  This is very common by the way, dota uses a system just like this, and it's considred by many to be a very balanced game considering the number of heroes and items avaialable to choose from.

June 18, 2009 1:36:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I see what you are getting at, but if the current % proc isn't enough, how do you know that 12% more proc is what would tip the scales? That doesn't Prove anything, since there isn't any actual data there. That's like saying that if I wasn't full after eating one cheetoh, than I absolutely would after eating another one (Because the first didn't do the job).

Also, I'm not sure where on earth you are pulling your percentages out of.  Slow over 50% of the time? With a 20% chance per shot? And you assume it'd jump to 90%, after the increase of 12% on the per hit proc chance?  I mean, let's be honest, these are numbers completely made up for the sake of making your argument look better.

I agree that I would slow them more often, but let's not throw out huge numbers unless we actually want to calculate them. Afterall, humans are notoriously bad at intuitively guessing probabilities.

June 18, 2009 10:52:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay time to drop some bombs on your argument, since your trying to dismantle mine.

Quoting Zechnophobe,
Well, I see what you are getting at, but if the current % proc isn't enough, how do you know that 12% more proc is what would tip the scales? That doesn't Prove anything, since there isn't any actual data there. That's like saying that if I wasn't full after eating one cheetoh, than I absolutely would after eating another one (Because the first didn't do the job).

First off do you not think that when they were creating this game that they ran the numbers?  The reason the decision was made to change the % chance on items for ranged items was because they did slow with far to great a frequency to make melee combat viable.  If this wasn't the case why go to the length of changing the % for ranged when it's far easier to just let it remain the same?

I'm sure you will say well that's a weak argument maybe they just changed it because the developer that coded this part has a favorite hero and it's UB. Because he's melee they decided to nerf range.  Well lucky for you, I do have some numbers courtesy of the code, and some other players   These numbers cannot be refuted so keep this in mind, as this is the current math behind the current build of this game, and will clearly show you that 50% is the right number and that 90% or so would be the right number if they left it as is.

Quoting Zechnophobe,
Also, I'm not sure where on earth you are pulling your percentages out of.  Slow over 50% of the time? With a 20% chance per shot? And you assume it'd jump to 90%, after the increase of 12% on the per hit proc chance?  I mean, let's be honest, these are numbers completely made up for the sake of making your argument look better.

I agree that I would slow them more often, but let's not throw out huge numbers unless we actually want to calculate them. Afterall, humans are notoriously bad at intuitively guessing probabilities.

Here is the pwnage

From this thread on Wyrmskin Handguards - https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356580

Quoting ntropy,
With both Wyrmskin and Poisoned Dagger the regulus will proc around 22% (either one or both). Thats almost every 4th shot.

Given that Reg will get off 2-5 shots (depends on the lvl of sniper scope) then you can easily see that if we take the smallest number (to account for a fast hero and no sniper score) with only 2 shots taken there is almost a 44% chance of slowing them.  This % only goes higher as you account for more lvl's of sniper scope.  The crazy thing is that this number does not include maim, and mid-late game the slow from shrapnel mines.  If you consider that you are giving up about 35-40% on the chance of it going off for a ranged charachter you can easily see that you can easily reach numbers over 90% with maim, poison dagger, wyrmskin.  Throw in mines before they reach you to get in even more shots, and they would never ever ever ever ever be able to reach you.  the nerfs to range are very necessary, and again I point to a more established game like Dota that has the chance on an item like cranium basher (% chance to stun) is reduced for range.

Dmg doesn't need to be reduced, as it has no impact on the hero's ability to reach you, % chance debuffs do.  For the game to be balanced for ranged/melee you need to let melee have the ability or an ability to reach the ranged heroes, and you need to give them higher %'s once they do in order to compensate for the dmg they took getting to the ranged hero.  This is why Erebus is such a pain in the butt for ranged "glass cannon" type charachters as he can bat swarm right on top of you, which is no different in principle then blink dagger in dota (letting melee heroes close in on high dmg low health ranged charachters).

I hope this clears up a little bit of where I got these numbers from, and that I didn't just pull them out of thin air.  Also it's important to note that testing goes into the balance of the game (despite what people think), and to not assume that the reason ranged has a % chance on hit reduction over there melee counterparts is for any reason other then it woudl be overpowered if it wasn't the case is beyond rediculous.

June 18, 2009 2:00:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, you are quoting reply 9, but didn't notice me correcting the person in reply 10? With the chance of getting one or other effect being 32% at full value it would still take 6 shots (1-.68^6) to get to 90% chance of slowing. Even at maximum of two shots a second, that would still require 3 seconds to get to.  Given that the max range the crossbow is 21, and all units but rook have base of 6 units of movement per second, you could only get this to work on someone with unmodified speed, with both maximum attackspeed and maximum scope range.

I would actally much rather they have a minimum movement speed added to the game, then mess with otherwise elegant numbering system, but that may just be me.

Anyhow, I think we've beaten this one to death, in a thread having little to do with it no less hehe.

June 18, 2009 3:13:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The thing is 6 shots is possible, secondly the numbers don't take maim into effect which only further gets you closer to the magic 6 shots number, and if your lvl 10 with mines maxed you can slow them even further getting off even more shots.  I think my 50% number and 90% number are very close to being accurate, and were not just pulled out of thin air as you so eloquently put it .  I was merely trying to stand my ground, and move the discussion from something with no merit, to one where the numbers show just why a ranged charachter needs to have the % chance reduced to make it fair.

Aside from it being obvious why range needs to have lower chance of slowing, i do agree with you that this should be clearly displayed in the tool tip so players aren't wondering why the wyrmskin gloves never seem to go off.

June 18, 2009 3:18:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

By the way 5 shots gives you 85.5% chance of slowing and again this would be without maim or mines and goes to show you how truly broken this would be if they didn't nurf ranged slow.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.