The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Great fun on a Saturday night!

By on June 13, 2009 10:52:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi guys!

Well I had a blast tonight playing online. Gave me a lot of ideas to pass on to the team in terms of making Demigod more fun in terms as an online thing.

First, we absolutely positively gotta make it a lot easier to get friends in. That is, the current people in your game should be able to be popped up with a hot key and be able to add them in. I had a lot of fun with the games I played tonight. No rage quits, just a good group. I'd love to be able to get together with them more.

Second, we need to be able to establish groups easily ala Steam or Xfire but within Demigod.  I need to be able to call out to them even if they're outside the game to see if any of them want to play a game.

Third, the first two items need to be available for Demigod in the next 30 days IMO.

+912 Karma | 16 Replies
June 13, 2009 11:01:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had fun playing a 5v5 custom game tonight with not much lag.  I agree with all 3 of your points.

June 13, 2009 11:04:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, you got a 5v5 game?  I can't wait.  The few times I've tried, they never worked, but now maybe they do.  GREAT!

June 14, 2009 3:11:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I got a 5v5.. 5 players vs 5 bots.. but I'm hoping to start playing against real people soon.

June 14, 2009 5:33:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think if these came features came out pretty soon it'd really help the game, especially if the friend-chat was improved as well.

Managed to get off a 5vs5 with not too much lag last night as well, also had a very close 4vs4 against another team using voice chat, was very fun and challenging.

June 14, 2009 8:34:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One other thing I'd like to see along these lines would be: What are the people on my friends list doing?  Maybe say something like saying what game they're playing, and when that game started.  That way I know not to bug them while they're in game and have an idea of when they might be done with their current game.

-- Tukulis

June 14, 2009 8:45:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

improving the friends system would be a great thing. Invites to games with only a link to launch the game would be great...suches suches.

June 14, 2009 8:49:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great game tonight sir

June 14, 2009 9:01:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

we absolutely positively gotta make it a lot easier to get friends in. That is, the current people in your game should be able to be popped up with a hot key and be able to add them in.
That's a great idea! Mmet a lot of very fair and good players already in the few games I played online so far but it's hard to keep track of them.

The second idea is even better, I want to play with the guys from my SupCom days but it's hard to find their games online atm. And it's a pain to organize it via IM.

That said, maybe as a next step it would be possible to offer a rematch with the same teams? I think that would be great if you just played an awesome game. I played on Prison yesterday and the match went on for over an hour. We lost in the end but it was one of the most intense games I have played so far. Would have been nice to get an instant rematch after a five minutes break to get more coffee.

And if it would be possible to open one or two additional slots or switch teams you could even balance out the teams further for the rematch or something.

Third, the first two items need to be available for Demigod in the next 30 days IMO.
Favor items or maps or demigods? Not sure what you mean.

June 14, 2009 9:05:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think he means the friends and groups features.

June 14, 2009 9:57:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you! Geez, today I'm slow on the intake...

June 14, 2009 11:09:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yea, I have to say, with the connection issues and favor ironed out, rage quitting seems less common now. It's also less aggrivating when it does happen because there is no server split and I keep my favor.

One of these nights I wanna play the frog!

June 14, 2009 11:14:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I played 3 5v5 games this weekend and only one game we had 1 person leave early.  Everyones ping was under 200 and there really wasnt any lag.  I really didnt think a 5v5 was possible until I joined a game titled 5v5 and we all waited patiently for the 10 people to get in the lobby.  After that game thats all I want to play now because its so fun .

June 14, 2009 11:17:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've managed 2 5v5's in my Demigod time and they were two of the best games I've played, especially because I got to play them on Mandala and Zikurat. Really good stuff.

June 14, 2009 11:34:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Colonel_Jessep,

That said, maybe as a next step it would be possible to offer a rematch with the same teams? I think that would be great if you just played an awesome game. I played on Prison yesterday and the match went on for over an hour. We lost in the end but it was one of the most intense games I have played so far. Would have been nice to get an instant rematch after a five minutes break to get more coffee..

This. But i think rematch can be done only by GPG. The things that Frogboy posted are doable by SD, with the impulse overlay, afaik.

June 15, 2009 11:25:34 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm glad you guys are aware that not having a game agnostic and simple way to communicate with and invite friends through Impulse is a major problem. Given your 30 day limit this sounds more like you're advertising an upcoming feature that is already being developed, not actually sharing a recent revelation.

In any case, having an internal instant messenger would be a great boon to Impulse. Steam is my primary instant messenger, it is a part of my every day interaction with my computer. Impulse, as a user, is just a weird looking skin on IE I open to buy games occasionally.

June 15, 2009 11:27:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sounds nice

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.