The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Troops on high makes for more fun games (in pugs at least)

By on June 11, 2009 11:45:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can't win by simply gibbing the feeder.  Priests are not only viable, but they are necessary.  I can see nerfing the dmg slightly to tune this better but this proves to me that the HP on normal creeps needs slightly buffing and possibly the dmg component as well.

+1 Karma | 7 Replies
June 12, 2009 6:28:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agree. Creeps are way to week atm. the minotaur and archers barely do any dmg to anything, even each other, they are just fodder for the opposition. Sadly, if it was possible to shut of the spawn portals at the beginning, (optional) the team that did this would have a great advantage vs the team that let minotaurs out to boost the opposition. Which kinda feels retarded. They should be a small threat at least, not just fooder for the opposition.

June 12, 2009 7:33:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree somewhat. Whoever buys priests and ninja captures a portal first usually wins, but this requires teamwork and strategy more than just wearing people down and gibbing the feeder.

So far here are the best settings

Troops High

Towers High

Gold Earn rate: High

XP rate High.

Spawn Rate: LOW

This tends to benefit TB ALOT because of his AOE power. So 2 TBs will be sure win. It tends to hurt Rook tower strats a bit but rook already needs buffs.  UB is balanced. Reg is still balanced but he can't solo entire groups anymore at melee range.  UB can't either after priests with ooze.  Sedna and QoT seem fine but small sample size.  Oak is probably hurt alot by these settings.

The thing i like about this is you have to strategize around your troops

June 12, 2009 11:29:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Minotaurs and archers should be buffed and their damage and gold greatly increased.  Not sure about increasing their hp, it seems very tuned to the damage numbers of several spells right now.

There's absolutely no danger running into a mob of these guys alone.  That's a mistake, imo.

June 12, 2009 3:03:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The issue with buffing troops too much is that anything that instantly kills small creeps becomes extremely powerful.  Post Mortum, Fire Nova, and Heaven's Wrath all fall into this category.  Granted, everyone has access to these in some form (through favor), it puts a serious premium on having them.

June 12, 2009 4:04:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I played a game on that setting last night and it was just awful, thought granted tower strength wasn't upped.  I think some middle ground would be ideal.

June 12, 2009 4:30:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting InfiniteVengeance,
Minotaurs and archers should be buffed and their damage and gold greatly increased.  Not sure about increasing their hp, it seems very tuned to the damage numbers of several spells right now.

There's absolutely no danger running into a mob of these guys alone.  That's a mistake, imo.

They're worth tiny XP and tiny gold, so they should do tiny damage. As I see it, the minotaurs and archers are there to facilitate early easy levelling, provide an "ongoing battlefield" and generally make you feel awesome when you wipe through mobs of them.

June 13, 2009 4:10:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TormakSaber,

Quoting InfiniteVengeance, reply 3Minotaurs and archers should be buffed and their damage and gold greatly increased.  Not sure about increasing their hp, it seems very tuned to the damage numbers of several spells right now.

They're worth tiny XP and tiny gold, so they should do tiny damage. As I see it, the minotaurs and archers are there to facilitate early easy levelling, provide an "ongoing battlefield" and generally make you feel awesome when you wipe through mobs of them.

Agree. I just hated dying to a bunch of freakin' trees in dota. I Love crushing these minions like cakewalk. I'm a demigod aren't I?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.