The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod Idea: Satyr King (Edited) (with Pics)

By on June 10, 2009 10:09:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TheScottish...

Join Date 04/2009
+81

this is my second attempt at a demigod idea so here we go.

my last one, Nolio, was a caster based demigod with lots of focus on abilities and mana. now to try and be a bit different I wanted to go with a more passive ability fighter, but what weapon to give him? I jumped around a bit until I sort of settled on the Axe motif… which led into the Viking idea for a Demigod. from here is did some research into some Viking weaponry and came up with an interesting collection of ideas that I thought could be combined into one Demigod.  rather than having a demigod with 4 active abilities and several possible ones how about the Demigod has 4 different weapons which he switches between as you click on different abilities.

so what weapons to give him?  rather than have 4 weapons that all attack and damage the same I thought it be way more fun and strategic to have weapons (or stances) that change his armor, HP, MS, AS, and damage so I came up with four styles of play: Defense, Offense, Speed, and Range.  with these in mind I created abilities and such to fit.

how what about the look of him?  Viking is kind of out since TB is basicly a flying version of Oden finaly i decided to go with a Minotaur... but after that idea was shot down by posters since there is alreayd a Minotaur Demigod coming out i thought a bit and decided to jump a little to the left of the species and go with a Satyr.  however this is not you earth loving, hippie Satyr... he's a mean, bean, fighting machine.... with a ton of weapons.

New Demigod: Satyr King

Appearance:

This is an edited version of the God of War II pic i had before (if you didin't se eit check the edit). i added ram horn to him since he is now a Satyr and not a Minotaur.

the basic idea is that he is a very large Satyr (which is a 1/2 man 1/2 goat or Ram) with heavy armor on.  For possible effects you could have smoke coming from the nose of the helm or maybe even glowing horns? however since the Minotaur thing wasn't working out this is what i got.

His weapon changes depending on Stance so below are the weapons he would have:

So you can see he has a shied/Hand Axe/BattleAxe and Chained Axe (more detail below).  the idea is when he changes chance his current weapon glows bright, then he pushes the two together and pulls out the next weapon. (i don't have a gif yet for this but if there is any confusion i might make one)

Size:  Medium…. like coming up to Rooks chest maybe.  somewhere between Rook and Oak I'd say.

General or Assassin? 100% disagree with prejudice remarks and labels but if a label must be made then I'd say he's an assassin.

Back Story (Short Version):

(This might not make sense since i had to adapt it from Minotaur to Satyr, try you best and let me know of any mistakes)

IN the same dimension as the Minotaur warriors that the pantheoon use for battle there are two warring species.  on one side is the Minotaurs and on the other side is the Satyr.  now many miss conception have been made about the Satyr, mainy due to the fact that the wild hippies Satyr with their sex, drugs and rolling of the rocks uses to visit the humans dimension to cause mischeif and chase nymphs around.  However back in their own dimension, those with proper morals and a good upbringing were warriors similar to the Minotaurs.  One such warrior was known for his expertise in adaptation to the battlefield and use of multiple weapons. 

This warrior was finaly slayed after leading many victories and armies on one very bloody battle field.

As the warrior lay dying with broken axe in hand, the Progenitor saw him and decided to save this brave warrior.  The warrior rose once again to the field of battle and knelt before the Progenitor.  he thanked the Progenitor and asked for only one thing: the ability to protect his people and their land.  touched by this warriors compasion for his people the Progenitor gave the warroir just that.  not only was he granted immortality but he was he also was crafted a weapon form the warriors very soul.  this weapon responded to the warriors and the field of battle changing shape and form to fit the needs of the time. 

with these the warrior led his people many more victories and was crowned king.  this warrior became known as the Minotaur King and still rules his people to this day.

Basic Stats:

Health:

Base - 1500 (+125 /Lvl)  (Normal)

Regen - 3.2 (+0.2 /Lvl)  (Normal)

Armor - 300 (+30 /Lvl)  (Normal)

Mana:

Base - 800 (+125 /Lvl)  (Normal)

Regen -  3.2 (+0.30 /Lvl)  (Normal)

Attack:

Base - 155 (+10 /Lvl)  (Normal)

Rate - 0.68 (0.021 /Lvl)  (Normal)

Range - Melee (to start)

Speed

Base - 6.0  (Normal)

(as you can see everything is set to average stats however these will change depending on stance)

Strengths

Very good Adaptability

Use both melee and Range moves

Weaknesses

No spike damage or heals

reliant on micro'ing stances for effective battle

Abilities

(note: the "t" looking things in the bottem are support ot be "+" and thus the stat skill)

Hand Axe:  when Satyr King starts all he has is a small Hand axe in his right hand.  only when he gets his first stance will he bring out another weapons.  from this point on Satyr King will not be able to go back to only one Hand Axe, but rather move between stances.

Active

(A)Defensive Stance (Axe and Shield) (1 Sec CT) (CD: 10 secs) (Cost: 300 Mana)

Satyr King pulls out a Hand Axe and a Sheild and becomes very defensive.  While in Defensive Stance his HP and Armor Increse by (Looking for Feedback) while his Movement Speed and Damage Decrease by (Looking for Feedback).

(B )Heavy Stance (Battle Axe) (1 Sec CT) (CD: 10 secs) (Cost: 600 Mana)

Satyr King combines his weapons into a very large BattleAxe dealing heavy damamge in an arc.  While in Heavy Stance his Damage and Armor Increse by (Looking for Feedback) while his Movement Speed and Attack Speed Decrease by (Looking for Feedback).

(G)Agility Stance (Two Hand Axes) (1 Sec CT) (CD: 10 secs) (Cost: 300 Mana)

Satyr King splits his weapons into two Hand Axes which attack each (as in each normal attack does 2X the hits).  While in Agility Stance his Movement Speed and Attack Speed Increse by (Looking for Feedback) while his Damamge and Armour Decrease by (Looking for Feedback).

(E)Range Stance (Chained Axe) (1 Sec CT) (CD: 10 secs) (Cost: 600 Mana)

Satyr King combines his weapons into an axe with a long chain attached to it which can be thrown for range attacks.  While in Range Stance his Movement Speed Increse by (Looking for Feedback) while his Attack Speed and Armour Decrease by (Looking for Feedback).

Passive

(C)Flaming Shield

(Defensive Stance Only)  Satyr's Shield blazes with fired form his soul.  attacks receive damage when attacking him (Looking for Feedback on damage).

(D)Power Swing

(Heavy Stance Only)  Satyr King swings his Battleaxe is a large arc hitting all who get in its way.  Power Swing adds a cleave to each attack (Looking for Feedback on percent).

(F)Frosty Chain

(Range Stance Only) Satyr King's Chain Axe chills the air aroun it.  attacks reduce movement speed by (Looking for Feedback on reduction)

(H)Berserk

(Defensive and Agility Stance Only)  Satyr King's Hand Axes fuel his blood thirst.  with each succesive attack increases his Attacvk Speed by (Looking for Feedback) to a max of (Looking for Feedback).

(I)Stance Expertise

(Requires at least two (2) level IV Stances)  Satyr King masters the ability to switch between stances.  Stances become Insta Cast as well as the CoolDown reducing to 5 Secs (Looking for Feedback).  (meaning stat changes are instant, however the animation still takes 1 sec and is unable to attakc while changing, but can't be interupted)

(J)Command Aura

(Aura Passive) Depending on the Stance, Satyr King commands those around him going them bonus stats.  while in:

• Defensive    =>     Armour Bonus
  • Heavy         =>     Damage Bonus
  • Agility          =>     Attack Speed Bonus
  • Range         =>     Movement Speed Bonus

(Looking for Feedback on stat bonuses)

Conclusion

So thats it... basicly a Satyr with multiple weapons and no active abilities.  love to hear feedback form everyone. specialy on possible sttas for his abilities (i learned form my last one not to include stats unless u want to be flamed for being OP).  thanx for reading...

EDIT: so i edited it up so the character is no longer a Minotaur King... now he is the Satyr King.  i've edited almost all of it so be sure to check for the new info (mainly in Appearance and Back Story).

Locked Post 31 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 20, 2009 6:31:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So you really believe that a (at any given time) high armor/fast attack speed/hard hitting/ranged demigod who covers all aspects of the game deserves to have high burst damage?

His utility is being anything and everthing when needed, except for burst damage.

But he can't do all this at once, and if he has a switching animation like TB (can't move, attack or do anything) then what is to say a burst will make him overpowered?  Yhea maybe certain forms would be overpowered with it but if you burst then switch, the enemy can just run or get in a few extra hits evening it up anyways.

I really can't see a good reason for not giving him active abilities.  You guys act (without even knowing numbers) that the Heavy hitting demigod will be so strong that he would be overpowered.

I knew I said I would stay away but this is such a great idea I had to come back.

June 20, 2009 4:08:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Pyapiopi,

I really can't see a good reason for not giving him active abilities.  You guys act (without even knowing numbers) that the Heavy hitting demigod will be so strong that he would be overpowered.

I really can't see a good reason for giving him active abilities.  You guys act (without even knowing numbers) that the Heavy hitting demigod will be so strong that he would not be balanced.

You never come in here with in game proof of similar situations, or any other form of proof we can use as any kind of evidence toward leaving him alone or buffing him.  You can drop in and state your opinion and that is all well and nice, but until you can prove to me that you opinion is worth anything, I will not be swayed by it.  You guys also seem to forget that this guy gets passive abilities to offset his lack of burst.

Auto-attack damage becomes a such huge thing at the end game that even Rook hardly uses hammer slam for the loss of auto-attack DPS.  This is also because Rook is a early-mid game demigod that usually only fares as decent in the end game unless he has artifacts, when you have artifacts it doesn't matter which Demigod you are, you will destroy peeps.

UB style auto-attack damage is complimented in his builds (Bestial Wrath (LOL), Diseased Claws, Inner Beast).  Most people complain about the amount of damage a UB can do with just Ooze much less Spit and Ooze combined.  Now imagine how OP a UB would be that could take his 1s cast Spit and turn it into full on auto-attack damage (the chain weapon for this guy) at range while it slows you.  I know diseased claws does this in melee, but once he spits on you he loses that if you are the same movement speed or if you are slightly faster, this guy will not.  You start running and he casts 1s chain and keeps you at his speed til he decides to disengage.

The UB situation is not considered OP to me, because it has no burst.  Sure you can get hit by Ooze, spit and foul grasp all at once, but thats 3 separate abilities ticking on you, not one single nuke and it just cost him a pretty decent amount of mana that he probably cant do it again if you live through it.  You know damn well whether or not you will live or die because UB can't just up and burst you down with a OMGWTFBBQPWNED ability that finishes you for that last 1k life you had.

June 20, 2009 10:09:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So you really believe that a (at any given time) high armor/fast attack speed/hard hitting/ranged demigod who covers all aspects of the game deserves to have high burst damage?

His utility is being anything and everthing when needed, except for burst damage.

you are totally missing the point. this is a team game, comparing abilities and statistics of single demigods is ignored as soon as the situation changes to being outnumbered(adding a shield or heal into the fight).

You guys act (without even knowing numbers) that the Heavy hitting demigod will be so strong that he would not be balanced.

if you know so much about numbers, where are your numbers proving that this demigod will be too strong?

please note: giving this demigod a nuke/slow is only a suggested IDEA, it is to make this guy more fun to use, auto attacking is fucking boring.

June 20, 2009 10:45:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fuck it.  It's like you only read a line or two of what I write and pick that out so that I can explain it AGAIN with a different situation. And then you can ask the SAME thing over and over rewording it each time and daring me to respond, which I always do.

I have come to the conclusion that I will never convince you that being able to switch weapons (or forms if you wanna call it that) IS this guys special ability and that he wouldnt be the only demigod reliant on auto attacks for his main damage.  The whole point of this guy is to provide utility for any given situation, not rape your face with his high burst damage.  I know, who would want to play a demigod that actually does something beneficial for the team and not just themselves?

I don't think you are seeing the awesomeness of this build as it currently is.

I'll just sit here and bask in the glow that is the OPs post and how it will go unchanged because he sees his demigod the same way I do.  And for that I will have won.

P.S.

Not every demigod starts with the same stats,  or levels up the same (I could be wrong on this one, but I'm pretty sure thats how it is) so the numbers are whatever GPG decides them to be, so me crunching numbers is pointless because I would literally be pulling them out of my ass.

P.P.S.

Form switching will be about as fun as anything else you do.  I don't see much difference pressing 1 and being in the form you want to be in and pressing 1 and spitting on somebody.  Wait, there is the whole thing with left clicking to cast the spit.  I forgot about that and how much it would ruin this demigod not having to left click everyone with his abilities.  OH THE HUMANITY.

June 21, 2009 12:34:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, you two crack me up.    now shake hand and make up.

obviously i'm on Sean0883 since he's basicly agreeing with me.  however i do want to point out that StAcK3D_ActR has some fair points.  firsly he's right that this DG has very little "team play" support abilities.  its also true that a stun or nuke would make him more utilizable for in some situations.  However my argument is that DG is suppost to be the unique form switcher who isn't reliant on abilities.  as far as team play goes Satyr king would fill the role of Tank/Chaser and try to focus attacks on him self, while slowing/dps'ing the enemy for kills as they turn to run.

other builds could be used for taking out towers (Defense untill in range then switch to Heavy) or maybe just creeps and other DG's (Heavy for the cleave into Agility for the DPS)

so to make my self clear... his weakness is his lack of abilities (like it says in the OP), but he makes up for it with being able to adapt to diffrent auto-attack game styles with the help of buffs.

June 22, 2011 4:55:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

soooo good idea! "unique form switcher who isn't reliant on abilities" - thats really nice.

And what about different buffs for each form transformation? And passive skills that can increase that buffs too? May be in DG2, where we will have bigger skill-trees.

And about nukes. Dont need at all! its just very smart-playstyle hero. Only, may be, at 15 level, something like Regul's, when he become flying. (500 aoe damage)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000562   Page Render Time: