The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[REL] Bman's Godlike Team Panel

Wrathful

By on June 10, 2009 7:06:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

Created for version: 1.01.0135

Sample

Download link: http://www.savefile.com/files/2125801

Features:

Displays the health and mana of your team members.  Click on a team member to center the camera on that player.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1) You must have Sorian's Mod Manager setup in order to use this mod. More info on this here: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=408370

2) Once you have the Mod Manager setup, extract the folder "Team Panel" (including the folder itself) into your 'mods' folder in your dgdata.zip folder.
eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Demigod\dgdata.zip\mods\Team Panel

3) Startup Demigod.

4) Enable the mod in the Mod Manager.

WARNING: You can use this mod for Custom Games or via GameRanger if all players are using the /AllowMismatch option

+79 Karma | 65 Replies
June 10, 2009 7:11:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

GPG: Get mod support in this game!

June 10, 2009 7:13:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow very cool, can only be used with ppl that have it also though?

June 10, 2009 7:19:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

YOU ARE AMAZING!

MODDERS FTW

June 10, 2009 7:24:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is it possible to get this into the actual game? Or at least not have the /allow mismatch nonsense?  Nice work mate! Modders are fantastic!

June 10, 2009 7:32:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice work.

Next up - show items mod.

June 10, 2009 7:33:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That is great! I know I'm hoping beyond hope, but if I'm playing Sedna, can I heal by just clicking on the healthbar of my teammate to heal him?  Or will that just center the screen over him?  At least now people can see my mana, and I can see if a teammate might be in trouble.

June 10, 2009 7:37:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG GPG/STARDOCK ADD THIS IN NOW

We have been begging for something like this since the beta. Bman - send this mod to GPG

June 10, 2009 8:12:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good job on this, bman!

Quoting InfiniteVengeance,
Nice work.

Next up - show items mod.

Something like this?

I really do hope that they disable needing to use that mismatch command line soon so that we can get UI mods running a lot more mainstream.

June 10, 2009 8:33:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chirmaya,

I really do hope that they disable needing to use that mismatch command line soon so that we can get UI mods running a lot more mainstream.

Wouldn't this enable hacks (cheating) as well?

Anyway, good job Bman, they should hire you to finish their game, lol.

June 10, 2009 8:36:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

User interface (UI) mods would work fine like that, since the UI only has access to certain preset data. If people tried to alter other things (in the simulation side), there would be a desync right off the bat between the players, so you don't really need to worry about people using mods to cheat. The only advantage is that some people will use ones that give them the information that they need, though that is kinda' what we want to be able to do.

June 10, 2009 9:11:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting PurplePaladin,
That is great! I know I'm hoping beyond hope, but if I'm playing Sedna, can I heal by just clicking on the healthbar of my teammate to heal him?  Or will that just center the screen over him?  At least now people can see my mana, and I can see if a teammate might be in trouble.

Unfortunately not yet.  I spent alot of time trying to get this to work but the targetting code is all in the engine.  I wrote something that should work but it causes the game to crash...maybe down the road I'll get a good idea...

June 10, 2009 9:15:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"BMAN IS GODLIKE!" - Announcer.

June 10, 2009 9:42:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Amazing work guys.  This is incredible, would love the ability to toggle it on or off in game via a hotkey.

June 10, 2009 9:45:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, please send this to GPG so they can put it in; in 6 months; if ever; like it should have been from day one

June 10, 2009 10:26:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bman, looks like your bars above are representative of the actual percent of health or mana.  Is it possible for you to do the same for the hover on enemy demigods?

June 11, 2009 12:06:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The game really needs this, thanks Bman for coming up with a good interface.  Hopefully gpg will take the idea.

June 11, 2009 1:16:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exceptional good mod, really hope it will be integrated or usable with people without it down the road

How i miss a decent mod manager with UI mods like supcom....

June 11, 2009 4:47:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"GODLIKE!"

Implement this now!

TO GPG: Please understand we need more interface options, the only thing we have right now is opening the status window and minimizing the first thing every game, so that we have those vital numbers in the bottom left corner. We need to option to permanently enable this, as well as the helath/mana numbers, not just the bar, and more numbers on skill descriptions in the tech tree, etc. We need more stuff like this, this mod by BMAN is just "one of those missing options" that we really really need in this game. Also option to save replays, to view them from in-game meny, etc. Please implement this ASAP... These features are really more important than even new DG:s i think, for Demigod to live as a competitive game.

June 11, 2009 6:44:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Too bad GPG don't respond to the forums. They haven't understood how to setup their firewall

To bman: How come you can see teammates mana? Does that mean we can also see the enemy's mana via the LUA code?

June 11, 2009 6:58:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh my god.

This thread contains a valuable thing that equals entire other threads existing in this forum.

June 11, 2009 7:33:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well done bman!

Have you posted this on the GPG DG page?

June 11, 2009 8:11:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Very nice!  GPG should just add this into the next patch, unless they have their own in progress.

June 11, 2009 9:12:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does that mean we can also see the enemy's mana via the LUA code?

The UI does not have access to enemy mana data.

June 11, 2009 9:43:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chirmaya,

The UI does not have access to enemy mana data.

I thik he knows this, what he wants to know is would this be possible.

June 11, 2009 11:54:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I didn't check to see if the enemy mana was available.  I suspect it is...at least for visible enemies.  I didn't check to see if enemies in the FOW were available.  It just wasn't something I was interested in.

@Whackhead, what is the GPG DG page?

@Trig - it should be possible...I'll take a look when I get time.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000515   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.