The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Journal: Games not showing up in Pantheon stats

Need your help fixing this problem.

By on June 10, 2009 2:06:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, this is not quite a developer journal as one would normally be posted.  This is really more about enlisting the community to help us figure out why many games are not being saved/recorded on the Pantheon website.

I've been doing some investigating by turning on additional logging on our data servers and sifting through thousands and thousands of pieces of data that are being sent to the server.  By doing this I have been able to isolate the Reason as to why some game stats are not being recorded by not the root cause.

Basically what we have going on is this:  there are checks in place to verify the data that is being sent to the server when a game completes.  This check is failing because it does not believe that the data is authentic.  So the root question is why isnt the data authentic.  At the moment I do not have enough information available in order to figure that out yet.

I have added even more logging to our data servers now to try and catch some more data that may help uncover the problem.  But I also need more information that our servers are not able to capture, I need data from you guys too.  Basically I need extended log files that will isolate this problem.

If you are willing to help......[Edited, since we think we have the problem we do not need additional help as we have a few people already helping]

Thanks

+50 Karma | 6 Replies
June 10, 2009 2:28:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Another game I played with Stats (World in Conflict) used to post a screen confirming the Stats had uploaded. Is it worth having that occur and if not then raising an ability to debug?

Tals

June 10, 2009 4:57:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So the root question is why isnt the data authentic. At the moment I do not have enough information available in order to figure that out yet.
Offhand, I'd suspect the at least part of the problem to be one or more players being dropped/disconnecting/quitting/split into a different game.

June 10, 2009 9:52:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks like we may have found the problem that is causing games to not be saving correctly on the server.  It appears to stem from some invalid character data within the game for certain AI Players.  And that invalid data is not interacting very well with the servers and causing errors to be thrown which then exits critical routines on the server that are needed in order to save the game correctly.

GPG is looking at correcting the character data on their end and hope to have something to give us for their next update.   And in the mean time we have just implemented some new checks in the server code that should prevent it from throwing errors.  So hopefully this will give us some relief in regards to not all the game stats being saved.

But since I am not able to properly reproduce the error at this time, some of this is just guess work. So we will just need to take a "wait and see" approach to see how well this work-a-round works.

June 10, 2009 11:39:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for all that info!

June 12, 2009 12:00:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I feel like we have made some good progress this week in regards to finding a solving issues related to game stats not saving.  So I am curious what your perspective is.  From here on out, is anyone still playing games where the game stats are not being saved?

If you have just played a game where the stats didnt save can you post some information about the game so I can try and find it in the logs.   Let me know as much of the following data as possible.

Type of game (Custom, pantheon, skirmish)
When the game was played. Start to End.
What was your player name and any other player names in the game you can remember.

Pat

June 14, 2009 8:09:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, i have another custom game that just go missing in pantheon

Was played 13 June, and this is it http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/612796/player/42839/

This player (Sentinel_GC was in my team (sedna), along with an erebus, a regulus and a Torchbearer(me)

The enemy team was a Rook (akonovski), a UB (karrir), a sedna and a QoT (Torstill and manlyman500 were the nicks of those who were using sedna and QoT, but i don't remember who was using each demigod, sorry). I can remeber their name 'cause they were a premade when i see their previus game in pantheon.

The game were without problems, and only the enemy UB disconnected when we were attacking their base, the other 3 enemy players stayed. As far i could check, the enemy team didn't get a loss, and from our team Sentinel_GC got a win vs nobody (see previus link) and i didn't get anything.

P.S.: If you are looking for more error, could you see this??? :http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/603903/player/56148/

Me and Jakld got a loss from a game that we didn't play (see the name of the game: 3vs3 and there are 8 ppl, 3 wiiners and 5 losers xDDD)

Thanks for all the hard job, i expect that this issue don't last much longer ^^

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.