The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Which favor item is better for AA Regulus? Mard or Furious?

By on June 10, 2009 11:18:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

AnnihilatorX

Join Date 03/2004
+6

As title, I would like to know if it is worth saving favor points to go for Furious blade instead of Mard.

I don't know how 40 wepon damage translates to dps. The Furious blade has 15% chance of increasing attack speed 30% over 5 seconds. I wonder how much dps that is as well. Both increase base attack speed by 5% passively.

Locked Post 32 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 10, 2009 11:37:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mard's Hammer works better early game.  But as your DPS scales up, Furious Blade becomes more effective.  Choose according to your play style and where you have the most difficultly.  Especially when you've got other +attack speed gear to allow it to proc more often, Furious Blade helps.

June 10, 2009 11:53:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks. If that's the case Mard's hammer would be better. Regulus doesn't need to worry about late game dps, it's the early game that needs help in every way.

June 10, 2009 12:04:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you are getting "Wyrmskin Handguards" consider the "Poisoned Dagger" favor, they stack for 35% chance to slow, which is huge.

June 10, 2009 12:16:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks. If that's the case Mard's hammer would be better. Regulus doesn't need to worry about late game dps, it's the early game that needs help in every way.

Frankly, you may be going about this completely the wrong way.  The best way to survive early game is to pump health:  Blood of the Fallen.  Use your health to stay alive until you can get Mageslayer or Ashkandor and then go offensive.  The early DPS items (and favor DPS items) help out much less per gold spent than health.

June 10, 2009 12:49:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heavens wrath out level the opposition

If not use Staff of renewal and MoB and mines cause a AA regulus sucks

June 10, 2009 2:16:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

AA Reg almost has to take Swift Anklets I think.

You dont have mines to put in between you and your opponent to defend yourself.  And even if you have Blood of the Fallen, you are still going to get chewed up fast since you are still not going to have enough health to stand up to most DGs.  Your only defense is speed.  Its a really REALLY bad idea to allow the possibility of being slower than opposing DGs even before getting hit with slow skills as Reg if you dont have mines.  With a Mines build you have more choices since you can basically defend yourself by putting mines between you and the other DG.

Plus, the one thing that AA Reg does really well in all stages of the game is chasing down the weak and finishing them (plus you are going to have to be good at this if you want kills because you dont have the burst damage to get quick kills).  And that is going to require you to have a speed advantage also.

The exception to this is ntropy's suggestion.  If you are going for a slow and control build, then you want Poisoned Dagger.  But thats not really an AA Reg build since those builds usually use mines.

June 10, 2009 2:22:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

get swift anklets or UB will chase you from his tower, through your tower and kill you. Same goes for erbrus and oak. Have to outrun your opponent. No amount of + damage for the first 15 levels will allow you to go toe to toe with another DG.

June 10, 2009 2:45:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Poisened dagger means you can run away from anybody without boots or anklets. You just need to hit them until you see them slow to a crawl, then liesurly get out of range.

I find maim not enough against late game sedna, Beast and TB, but maim with poisened dagger, man it's fun kiting them to your pleasure.

June 10, 2009 3:13:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, Poisoned Dagger might be the one alternative.  Its chance to slow might sometimes cause you to die waiting for it to proc (for example, if they TP right next to you, you might not be wanting to wait around for the slow to take effect).  Plus, Anklets lets you move between flags and lanes more quickly, which is nice.

On the other hand, the 5% attack speed bonus isnt neligible on PD, and the slow helps out teammates wanting to finish them off too.

So its close between the two I guess.  I've actually been meaning to try PD out more than I have already.

June 10, 2009 3:26:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Angelic Fury and Blade of the Serpent?

June 10, 2009 3:34:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Blade of Serp is the only favor item

June 10, 2009 3:53:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I used to use blade a lot, esp. with mines. But against organized/good opponents that double team you and run early, blade of the serpent doesn't save your butt or allow you to chase someone down and finish him off.

June 10, 2009 6:27:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lukkas_ROCKUS,

Frankly, you may be going about this completely the wrong way.  The best way to survive early game is to pump health:  Blood of the Fallen.  Use your health to stay alive until you can get Mageslayer or Ashkandor and then go offensive.  The early DPS items (and favor DPS items) help out much less per gold spent than health.
  - ur a noob

June 10, 2009 6:28:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[quote who="NoW^StiL ReY" reply="11" id="2253150"]Blade of Serp is the only favor item[/quote]- smart

June 10, 2009 6:29:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Andianqz,
get swift anklets or UB will chase you from his tower, through your tower and kill you. Same goes for erbrus and oak. Have to outrun your opponent. No amount of + damage for the first 15 levels will allow you to go toe to toe with another DG.
i anklet is noob as fuck.. mards hammer is the way to go...  and by ur logic if UB gets swift anklet then u cant win... LOL! Ub is ezy w/o swift anklet

June 10, 2009 7:37:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Poison dagger is a great way to go. Hitting an opponent 4 times while using it yields a 60% chance of slowing an enemy DG by 25%. Those are crazy good odds. The only way you get screwed is if you are ganked.

June 10, 2009 8:27:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Blade of Serp is the only favor item

if you are going to auto attack, this is the best option.

also, is it just me or does reg have a lower running speed in angelic fury mode?

June 10, 2009 9:12:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

6.0 with wings still.

I used to use blade a lot, esp. with mines. But against organized/good opponents that double team you and run early, blade of the serpent doesn't save your butt or allow you to chase someone down and finish him off.

Hmm thats not the point of blade unless you mean dagger. Blade should be used on a wave of creeps so you can get multiple hits per shot which fills the mana bar in like 5 shots.

June 10, 2009 9:40:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

6.0 with wings still.

ah ty.

June 17, 2009 8:30:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm thats not the point of blade unless you mean dagger. Blade should be used on a wave of creeps so you can get multiple hits per shot which fills the mana bar in like 5 shots.

Obviously the point he was making is that Anklets can save your ass vs players while Blade cannot.

June 17, 2009 10:11:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

AA Regulus has nothing on an Armor/Speed/DPS Oak. Or any other character in that combo. If you're giving up mines and snipe to deal a lot of damage after spending 26,000 gold, I am utterly convinced that you're not playing people anywhere near your skill level and need to step it up a bit.

June 17, 2009 10:21:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For all you regulus type people:

Poisoned dagger procs at 13% for ranged attack & 20% proc for melee, according to LUA

For furious blade, the proc is 10% ranged and 15% melee.

SERVE HOT AND ENJOY

In regards to heaven's wrath. Many times have I seen noob regulus players that use it to outfarm their own team, crippling them completely. So please, stop farming your own teammates XP and farm XP where no one is attacking grunts (such as big maps, Leviathan, etc). I never did understand why I am level 3 and my regulus teammate is level 6. At least he would help with killing enemy DG's? but nooooooo

June 17, 2009 11:37:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Many times have I seen noob regulus players that use it to outfarm their own team, crippling them completely.

A couple of times I have won games because I let my Regulus teammate farm both lanes, get outrageously uber levelled, then the opponent DGs have no chance.

We were all at an avg of 10 while Reg was 16, our opponents couldn't then do anything against him.

June 17, 2009 11:52:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We were all at an avg of 10 while Reg was 16, our opponents couldn't then do anything against him.
I would say that is situational at best. Teamwork > Solo regulus play

June 17, 2009 2:00:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

...or you can use pro skills, let the opponent capture the central portals, and farm 2 lanes at once without even needing to use Heaven's Wrath. War Score won't help the enemy much when you are lvl 10 and they are lvl 6-7, and can faceroll them whenever they come close

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000609   Page Render Time: