The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

TB auto-attack on follow

By on June 10, 2009 9:04:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is it just me or is his auto-attack while following an enemy DG broken with TB.  No matter how much speed I stack he moves close enough to the oponent dg and stops moving while going into attack animation.  Then the enemy DG gets out of range and he interupts his attack and starts chasing again.

I've mostly been playing Oak and never experienced this kind of behaivor.

+3 Karma | 18 Replies
June 10, 2009 9:16:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Switch to ice, then he can move and shoot at the same time.

June 10, 2009 9:24:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fire TB is the only Demigod in the game incapable of attacking while moving. Rather odd, IMO.

June 10, 2009 9:31:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bah seems like a bug... And I sooo much love the fire TB graphics.

Switching to ice has a 2s delay with additional 2s if you want to fire a fire spell again.  It's definitely a bug.

June 10, 2009 9:52:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Misfortune,
Bah seems like a bug... And I sooo much love the fire TB graphics.

Switching to ice has a 2s delay with additional 2s if you want to fire a fire spell again.  It's definitely a bug.

You are incorrect, switching from fire -> ice is almost instantanious and pretty much happens on the go. You can switch and keep clicking attach or move and you'll notice that he maybe stops for .1 seconds. However, going from ice -> fire takes 1 second.

Usually what I do when I play TB ( I play a hybrid build ) is stay fire and fireball while an enemy DG is trying to go toe -> toe with me but when I get them about 50% or if I have a friend demi in the area I will just drop a fireball, switch to ice, start casting ice spells and then stay ice to follow / finish them off.

June 10, 2009 10:25:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This havent been confirmed to be a bug or a feature, but all evidence leads to it being a bug. Otherwise, why isnt it mentioned as a drawback of the fire form in the skill description? Its probably got something to do with the animations, like the other major bug with skill casting that was found by BMAN! (YEAH, THE MAN). For those unfamiliar with this bug, its explained in another thread by bman but basically it had to do with the turn animation, it only does an inital check for the point to turn to, and if target have moved before turning is complete, it never did a re-check so the DG was frozen in place. This TB fire mode only bug is probably something similar, although not as major as that other bug.

Lets hope its fixed in patch 1.1!

June 10, 2009 10:32:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who cares, ice > fire anyhow. Too cool for this world

Joke aside it is one of the reasons why I only play Ice TB, cannot chase down enemy DGs with fire efficiently.

June 10, 2009 10:46:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Should be fixed, already in my list.... https://forums.demigodthegame.com/354365

June 10, 2009 11:33:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sometimes something similar to this happens with Regulus, if he is faster than the enemy he will run right up to them while following and autoattacking, then he will just stop once he gets really close and stand there.

June 10, 2009 2:41:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting IllegalDustbin,
Sometimes something similar to this happens with Regulus, if he is faster than the enemy he will run right up to them while following and autoattacking, then he will just stop once he gets really close and stand there.

Possible you mis clicked, and issued a move command to next to the guy?

June 10, 2009 6:07:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zechnophobe,

Quoting IllegalDustbin, reply 8Sometimes something similar to this happens with Regulus, if he is faster than the enemy he will run right up to them while following and autoattacking, then he will just stop once he gets really close and stand there.

Possible you mis clicked, and issued a move command to next to the guy?

No he keeps attacking and following, but will get closer and closer to them and then just stop.

June 10, 2009 6:10:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Probably ran out of ammo.

June 12, 2009 10:05:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This havent been confirmed to be a bug or a feature, but all evidence leads to it being a bug. Otherwise, why isnt it mentioned as a drawback of the fire form in the skill description?

I wish we could get an offical state ment on this. I think if the TB in Fire mode could chase and shoot at the same time, it would make a Hyrbrid build even more versitale. Like being able to take Fire Aura instead of Permafrost to chase down enemies...or maybe that's why you can't fire on the move...hmmm. Maybe they thought a Fire Aura III TB would be too good when chasing down enemies and getting the attack speed/dmg increase. Maybe they thought if you are going Fire Aura, you should be standing your ground in the middle of a Circle of Fire.

June 12, 2009 10:27:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TB also has an issue hitting anyone very close to him when hes in fire mode. Not Rook, but anyone else close and grunts.

Really lame

(To be clear, if a grunt of smaller DG is close to TB in fire mode, his attacks start from too high and either A: Take an exorbitant amount of time to hit their target or B: Completely miss their target)

June 13, 2009 12:37:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I believe TB's autoattack in fire is working as intended (besides the up-close attacking).  It's meant that you change into frost to chase for the attack power bonus.  I do realise that this is quite crippling for pure-fire TBs, but I believe the dev's intended TB to be played Hybrid Spec.  It just seems so much more natural to me as opposed to pure fire/ice, not to say that a pure build can't be successful.

June 13, 2009 8:16:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

QoT doesnt have this issue.

June 13, 2009 12:37:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i made a thread about this already.   the real problem imo  is fire TB automatically slows down to his targets speed.

so if you target someone to run after them you go thier speed.  This sucks if you have + speed items say +30%  and your opponent is slowed at -60%.   This means you will automatically run at -60% speed even if you have +30% speed.

June 15, 2009 7:17:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm, i last time i played TB ( one week ago or some days more) i could autoattack in firemode follwoing a demigod without problems. this bug must be rel. new.

June 15, 2009 11:52:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shadow_Avenger,
Probably ran out of ammo.

Shoot, was that 5 bolts, or 6? Frankly I lost track in mid combat, so I guess you just gotta ask yourself one questions: "Do you feel lucky?" Well, do ya?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.