The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Alt+tab video bug; Sound bug

By on June 9, 2009 2:17:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Two bugs I've found:

1) After ALT-tabbing out and returning to an on-going game, everything becomes darkened. It's as if something cast a shadow on all the buildings and units in the game. Resetting the video settings doesn't fix the issue. I'm playing on medium fidelity preset (although it happened in high fidelity preset as well).

2) I am playing a LAN game and I quit in the middle of it (to recreate the game). In the new, recreated game, my sound gets messed up. The music, voiceovers, and some random ambient sounds play, but attack and spell sounds do not. Adjusting the sound settings does not fix the issue. It doesn't seem like this happens in Internet games, although I've only left one of them in the middle of the game so I can't be sure. If I exit and restart the game, then there is no problem.

+4 Karma | 11 Replies
June 9, 2009 5:53:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've also got the sound bug. After 1 gamed played I have to restart demigod to get correct sound for my next game.

June 10, 2009 6:08:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, i have to kill demigod in taskmanager and start it again after almost every alt tab. doesn´t matter where i press it (ingame or menu).

June 11, 2009 1:18:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm, I have no problems getting Demigod back up after tabbing, so dunno if that's a bug or if it's on your end?

June 11, 2009 5:01:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I also get the sound bug.

It happens every time I prematurely end a game. In single player mode.

June 11, 2009 6:19:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've had the sound bug in multiplayer mode, too, now. It's quite disorienting.

June 12, 2009 1:28:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the sound bug.

Only just noticed it when I donned the cans, audio is subdued and there is a noticeble whooshing sound from left to right. I have Creative soundcard best you can get and have tried updating the drivers and disabling all of the audio enhancements.

June 12, 2009 1:13:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have to use /nosound because p17.sys--the soundcard driver--is apparently the source of all my access violation and BSOD woes.

The soundcard is a Creative. And I've also had the sound issue described in this thread.

What's your sound driver? And do you get crashes as well as this sound issue? If so, try /nosound. There's no sound but the game plays okay without it.

June 13, 2009 5:21:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Speusippus,
I have to use /nosound because p17.sys--the soundcard driver--is apparently the source of all my access violation and BSOD woes.

The soundcard is a Creative. And I've also had the sound issue described in this thread.

What's your sound driver? And do you get crashes as well as this sound issue? If so, try /nosound. There's no sound but the game plays okay without it.

PCI express X-Fi Titanium, Fatal1ty Pro series, downloaded latest drivers last night.

I've tried it with low settings and no reverb but the sound goes wierd from time to time.

I never knew the occassional lagging was sound related, my PC is quite powerful and it's never been a problem per se, just sometimes things slow down a little, sometimes the game ends up "Not Responding", I run it as administrator but that doesn't seem to make much difference.

As for using /nosound, that is not an option. Audio is a HUGE part of a gaming experience and I will not waste my time on a game with no audio, even Pacman had audio.

June 15, 2009 2:12:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just found out that the sound bug only happens when you quit a game while dead.

the swishing sound of the death screen just never stops.

June 16, 2009 10:50:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Aroddo,
I just found out that the sound bug only happens when you quit a game while dead.

the swishing sound of the death screen just never stops.

wow thanks dude

June 19, 2009 2:38:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sound bug happens when I quit no matter what, other than at the end of a match. I haven't quit a match while dead, though, so dunno about the swishing sound.

I use a Logitech 350 Headset.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.