The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

idea bout armor

By on June 9, 2009 1:07:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

they need to allow only 1 type of armor on at a time.

1 chest,1 feet,1 hands etc

+3 Karma | 12 Replies
June 9, 2009 1:15:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If they do that then they need to put armor values helms, gloves, and boots because high armor values are the only things keeping late game auto-attack inflation in check.

June 9, 2009 1:24:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ermm... why? what's wrong with the current system. Your post is lacking.

June 9, 2009 2:37:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a design decision. The manual even states, roughly: "The arenas are a metaphysical, spiritual place, and ther equipment within exists only on a spiritual level, allowing Demigods to utilize items and equipment more efficiently than any mortal could. Intelligent Demigods will realize and rake advantage of this."

Basically, don't think of it like a paper doll system. Think of it as: you have 5 slots, and this big pool to select any 5 from. I think it's a good thing, otherwise you promote gravity even more towards a specific few items.

June 9, 2009 3:42:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well ocourse i do get the point cause c'mon what person wears 5 different gloves over eachother at the time... would be pretty warm wouldnt it? right?

oke i dont have a problem wit hthe current system cause it doesnt affect Demigods very much but the idea of wearing 5 Helmets ore summat at the same time... disturbs me... though dont change it casue the system is good this way

June 9, 2009 3:59:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The in game lore states that you're not really wearing 5 helms. You're imbued with the energy of 5 spiritual objects that, in the "mortal world" would be represented by magical helsm, objects, what have you.

June 9, 2009 7:19:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i'll echo the other sentiments.

why?

other than aesthetic reasons, what purpose does a paper-doll system have? the current system gives greater item choice and thus greater strategic depth. 

June 9, 2009 7:33:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only logic I can see for this, is it would be killer if this game had a feature liek Diablo where you can SEE the gear they are wearing. It would look neato. But aesthetics can't beat out game play and the current system works great.

June 16, 2009 6:52:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gheheh i must agree with this dude but thats going to make this game SUPER hard to RUN on ur PC ^^ cause it has no legs ocourse

June 16, 2009 7:10:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does this mean my DG would start off naked? Oh my...

June 16, 2009 7:21:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^ Oh yes, if it was QoT or Sedna, and oh no if it was Regulus. Oak would be wispy but that's not the point.

Since our armours do not relate to the exterior look of our DG, I guess I don't mind the current system. Then again, I do wish if certain items boosts more status of what they should be doing, such as Boots/Leggings offering better Movement bonuses.

June 16, 2009 8:46:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i wanna see rook putting on sone boots

June 21, 2009 7:33:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wouldnt be fair dude.. Rook cant tie his own shoe laces he probably has those bands that stick.. (sorry im not english so i dont know thw word) =_=

and dude i think the torch bearer without armour would be a one hit kill... have you seen how skinny he is? he would break if you even walk to fast past him cause of the wind that pushes him OFF the map ^^

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.