The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Favor points not accumulating - Something I didn't know

By on June 7, 2009 12:51:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+183

Hey - so a friend of my says he still isn't getting favor points all the time.  For me, it seems like I get them most if not all of the time.  Anyway, I was on chat tonight when Kryo made a comment about favor points.  He said:

<kryo_away> if the other team drops and you end against only AI, no favor.

I didn't know that, so just FYI in case anyone else out there was unaware.  If that's the case 100% of the time, if everyone but you drops before the game is over, no favor.  If you beat someone and they say gg and drop before the game is over, no favor.  And so on. 

Locked Post 15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 7, 2009 1:12:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hm, that would explain why my favor hasn't increased in ages -- the other team drops out before I win about 99% of the time.

June 7, 2009 5:59:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i don't like that, the game should check when the match begin or maybe 5minutes into the match if there are human opponents. If everyone drops i think i should be able to gain favor points.

June 7, 2009 6:07:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,
Hey - so a friend of my says he still isn't getting favor points all the time.  For me, it seems like I get them most if not all of the time.  Anyway, I was on chat tonight when Kryo made a comment about favor points.  He said:

<kryo_away> if the other team drops and you end against only AI, no favor.

I didn't know that, so just FYI in case anyone else out there was unaware.  If that's the case 100% of the time, if everyone but you drops before the game is over, no favor.  If you beat someone and they say gg and drop before the game is over, no favor.  And so on. 

I think it depend on the one that's hosting the game.

If the one that is hosting the game is leaving, you will not gain favor/stats/etc.

June 7, 2009 7:31:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have never gained a single point of favor from either winning or losing yet.

The only favor points i seem to get at all that actually "count" are from achievements.

June 10, 2009 7:56:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But are achievements even working? I have a bunch of the ones unlocked for multiple demogods that say, do 5,000,000 pts of damage, er whatever. Ones I could not have possibly gotten yet. Plus I certainly do not have the favor points to go with them.

If I would have known games when a player is replaced with AI don't count. All this time I've stuck around because I thought "Hey, at least I'll get some Favor."

June 11, 2009 12:37:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well... at one point, favor points just weren't tracking correctly.  I'm not sure if that's bottomed out 100% now or not, but I do not think I currently have any problems.  I do think it would be really useful if someone that actually knows posted the details on when exactly you get favor and when you don't.  Obviously, its confusing to see that I earned X favor at the end of a match only to receive none... and that's exactly what can happen as indicated in my OP.  I don't think I know all of the caveats, but  a buddy and I played against 2 cpus in a custom game tonight and I didn't get any favor.  I'm assuming that's the way its supposed to work, but I really don't know to be honest.  Regarding achievements... I have no idea.

SD or anyone that knows - any chance for clarification?

June 11, 2009 12:49:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here are the current official rules for favor points.

1) A game must last more than 5 minutes for Favor Points to be counted (All game types)

2) You must be connected when the game finishes for Favor Points to be counted (All game types)

3) There must be at least 1 human player on each team, at the start of the game, for Favor Points to be counted (Only Custom Games)

And just to point out the obvious, if the game stats fail to save for some other reason, then chances are your favor points will not have been updated.

June 11, 2009 6:52:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks!

June 12, 2009 2:38:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So does than mean if my opponents"ragequit" before the game is officially over, and I'm left with all AI opponents, I still get Favor because it started with Human players and lasted longer than 5 minutes?

June 12, 2009 5:07:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Connatic... I'm not sure about that... based on what I heard from kryo in chat, then you would NOT get favor...

T-Man or any SDer... would you clarify further on this?  I think if we could get all of the specifics in one place and keep it as a stickied + locked post, that would help with any confusion. 

June 12, 2009 10:06:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm a bit confused myself.  My friends and I always play online, versus an AI team.  Originally, we accumulated favour points, but not any more.  Does that mean we have to play against other players or each other in order to accumulate favour points now? 

June 13, 2009 12:36:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hishalea... I believe that is the case.  I am confident that my stats don't count when I play 2 human vs 2 ai and also that I don't receive favor when that is case. 

I also don't think it worked that way originally, but I really don't know... help me SD, you're my only hope...

January 6, 2012 2:04:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So when my friends and I play 4 v 4 Human vs AI we gain no favor no matter what? 

Weaksauce.

January 6, 2012 2:21:50 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Parrinder,
So when my friends and I play 4 v 4 Human vs AI we gain no favor no matter what? 

Weaksauce.

That's my understanding - and yeah, not a huge fan of it either.  It sucks... and the end game stats indicate you are getting favor points, but you really aren't.  I also doubt this will get changed. 

BUT - if you'd like to easily mitigate the problem, there are a few things you can do to quickly rack up favor points.  It will probably cost you and your pals about 30 minutes, but you'll certainly be able to unlock some points on the quick.

• Host an X person game vs ai online.  Set the war score to 10, max your starting level to the max, gold to max along with income rate - set towers to low/weak.  Play against like 1 easy AI.  Buy some equipment and immediately kill the enemy citadel.  End your game.  You will always get favor points for completing achievements - even if you are playing against AI.  And I believe every Demigod character gets an achievement for hitting level 20.  So, do what I mentioned, play each game using a different Demigod (you can only get the level 20 achievement once per Demigod), and you'll be able to rack up some favor points and then unlock some new items.
  • Another thing you can do - play a 1v1 human v human match - you don't even need to play it.  Just wait for 5 minutes to pass and then concede.  Both you and your buddy will get favor points.  You could get all of your pals and do this a few times to get favor that way as well.

Anyway, I know its not ideal, but what I suggested does work.  Hope that helps. 

January 7, 2012 12:15:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I prefer favor points aer awarded to games with humans only. win or loose, end the game without leaving, you get favour points.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time: