The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

DG PING higher than in other games !!??

By on June 6, 2009 8:16:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi

Im playing several RTS games, and my pings are normaly between 100-150 !

And here comes DG with a super high Ping of 350-450 °° ??!!! ....so any time I enter a lobby -> the Host kicks me ....Great !

DG : 350-450

SupCom & others : 100-150

How could that be ?

is this also one of these problems SD/GPG have to fix ?

7 weeks after release and the game still have more strange problems than other games @ day1

0 Karma | 8 Replies
June 6, 2009 3:04:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

May be it's just a locational problem?

I have not seen any people with ping higher than 150 when I join EU games from UK.

June 6, 2009 3:30:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no its not

my ping sucks in every game, even when i play with guys from my own country......

but DG is the only game for me, with such a high ping.

sry SD/GPG...Im very frustrated.....DG was my "Most-Wanted"....and now, its my only MP-game, making me angry, frustrated, dissapointed !!

How could that happen ? Why have they choosen that shitty P2P instead of "Server-Client". The guys who made that decision are incompetend ! sry, but 7 weeks after release, my patience is NEAR END !

June 6, 2009 6:52:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You are probably being proxied. Are you in Europe or Australia?

June 7, 2009 1:15:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There are a lot of reasons you could be experiencing higher than normal ping in one game over another.

Are you getting the same Ping to everyone or are there people who you connect to with much higher and much lower pings than normal?

Check your connection window - in the list of players you're connected to, do any of the player's names have (Proxy) after them?

Have you completed a Speed Test of your internet connection yet?

Does your Ping 'spike' up and down, or does it remain a constant number?

June 7, 2009 5:23:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. Speed-Test Ping: 104

2. others players, I connected with, also have high pings between 250 - 450

3. there are no "Spikes", the pings are constantly during game

4. I use /serverproxyonly....but without, its the same story !

June 7, 2009 6:37:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DemiCom,
1. Speed-Test Ping: 104

2. others players, I connected with, also have high pings between 250 - 450

3. there are no "Spikes", the pings are constantly during game

4. I use /serverproxyonly....but without, its the same story !

In order to benchmark your connection, we'll need more detailed information. Please go here and post back the information it gives.

Being there are no spikes in the ping it's doubtful there are background applications running chewing up your bandwidth - however as always make sure Demigod is the only program running. Close everything, including Impulse. The ping your seeing to everyone else is not their Ping, rather your Ping to them. As Demigod is a P2P game, everyone is connected to everyone else directly. There is no server, and thus people can have drastically different Pings to other players.
However, as your ping to everyone is higher than normal, this can mean that your connection is being throttled by your ISP. If there are more people in the game, is your ping higher? For example, if there are only 2 people in the game, is your Ping to each player acceptable?

Using the proxies is a good way to connect if your having connection issues - however at current there is no location logic; everyone, regardless of where they're from, connects to the same proxy. This means if you live far away from the proxy it's not going to help you until they've updated them.

I've made a post here. Run through the steps in that thread, and see what the results are.

June 7, 2009 4:39:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Speed-Test results:

Ping: 102

Download: 1862

Upload: 187

i have closed all programs, DG is the onlyone running

ping is not higher, if there are more players. still the same pings between 250-450 in 1vs1 2vs2 3vs3 (cant test 4vs4 because of my small upload).

ps: thx for your nice support

June 11, 2009 10:17:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only thing I can think of DemiCom, is realted to your upload speed; Demigod requires more Upload Bandwidth than most games of a similar nature. Try running your game through the proxies only - I can't recall the exact command to achieve this however it's been listed in several of Frogboy's journals - and see if this effects your Ping further, or if it stays the same and post back here.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.