The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Marketing Idea - Sponsored LAN parties

By on June 5, 2009 1:23:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi,

I just had an idea to help increase the Demigod community: Officially sponsored LAN events. Since demigod only requires one liscense to play on a LAN, people can easily share the demigod experience with their friends. I'm sure many people are already doing this, but I don't know how many people actually know that they only need one copy for LAN. Stardock should definitely push this information out there, instead of having it hidden in the forums/user manual.

Stardock should promote these LAN events ... maybe they could host a site, where you can register a LAN you are hosting, and people could go on the site to find a LAN near them.

In addition, maybe Stardock could host their own LAN parties in some cities (pick a city where they know there is a large user base), they could rent out a warehouse or something and people bring their friends to play demigod (bring your own computer). There could be tournaments, and maybe even prizes.

All I know is that getting people to sit down and play this game with their friends is the best way to get sales.

I'm having a LAN tomorrow and have a bunch of friends coming. I've been trying to get them to buy the game to play with me, and hopefully after tomorrow, I'll be able to convert some of them.

+2 Karma | 0 Replies
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.