The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

the site with all the current games and players online...

By on June 5, 2009 4:55:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just can't manage to find a link to that site where u can view all the current players online and all the open games. Would be nice if someone told me^^

0 Karma | 21 Replies
June 5, 2009 5:34:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://demigodthegame.com/opengames.aspx

June 5, 2009 5:39:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok thanks. now a question: someone mentioned that this wouldnt display all players at all and there would be peak times with 600 up to even 2000 players. but what should be cut from these stats?

June 5, 2009 5:55:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Current players online: 220

Oh my gad ! sad...

June 5, 2009 5:58:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thats what i thought as well.

June 5, 2009 6:31:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I keep posting this in every threads but:

The players online figure doesnt show all the players online. It shows people who are ingame or are hosting a game.

If people are afk, looking through the lobby or trying to do a pantheon/skirmish match it doesnt show.

June 5, 2009 6:41:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ah thx now i understand what u meant. makes sense. from the psychological side that statistics are pretty bad x D

June 5, 2009 8:12:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Considering that most of the US is still asleep, no, I don't think it's quite that bad.

June 5, 2009 8:17:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting mrlarone,
http://demigodthegame.com/opengames.aspx
Also, this site only shows the stats from one server and not all.

June 5, 2009 9:03:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

one server? i thought this is only p2p. what are servers for and how many are there?

June 5, 2009 10:24:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

opengames.aspx only displays the first NAT server of like 8+ or something, Frogboy mentioned it in IRC a while back. Basically NAT sits there seeing what everyone is doing and getting people to shake hands. Even with NAT Traversal, NAT still does things like show you the lobby so that you can see all the games that are up so that you can then connect to that person etc.

June 5, 2009 11:05:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That page was basically just used during the beta when there was only one server

June 5, 2009 11:18:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why are these staistics even available if the do not accuratlly represent the number of people playing this game online.

I'd rather see the stats removed then have a daily thread about the game being dead and debates on online activity.

June 5, 2009 11:21:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good question.

June 5, 2009 12:18:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting F35StrikeFighter,
Why are these staistics even available if the do not accuratlly represent the number of people playing this game online.

I'd rather see the stats removed then have a daily thread about the game being dead and debates on online activity.
So you want Stardock to remove this application simply because people do not know what they represent? Even though it is not linked anywhere officially?

June 5, 2009 1:25:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's largely a debugging tool, not intended to represent accurate and complete stats for public use.

June 5, 2009 1:37:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thx you own^^.

June 5, 2009 1:41:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To add, as I recall it was only even initially made known to the public early in the beta when games that had begun weren't being being correctly removed from the lobby list, so people could see which ones were actually joinable.

June 5, 2009 1:50:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If it was up to me, I would have removed it long ago, but others want to keep it public so it's out of my hands.  I would not put much faith in those numbers.

Bara

June 5, 2009 4:40:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting that Pantheon and Instant Action games are listed as being version 1.00.55

while custome games are versioin MAIN.1.01.0139

June 5, 2009 4:49:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting that Pantheon and Instant Action games are listed as being version 1.00.55

while custome games are versioin MAIN.1.01.0139

That is the version of the ImpulseReactor.dll.  We need to make sure people are playing the same version of the game.  We used to check the Game Version.  But because we started doing updates where only the ImpulseReactor.dll was updated we need to change that check.  So we started injecting the ImpulseReactor.dll version in there.

June 5, 2009 7:23:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That page only lists the number of players on ONE server. There are 6 of them.

Second, whenever people complain, I notice that it's at like 5am. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.