The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Warning Required When Game Options Changed

By on June 4, 2009 9:05:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In custom game lobby could we have a marker - maybe an ! over the game options to indicate when it is not default settings. In addition this could be extended in the game options to have an ! against any value that was non standard.

+1 Karma | 5 Replies
June 4, 2009 10:00:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am pretty sure that if you are Ready and the host changes anything, you go back to not ready...

June 4, 2009 12:16:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the game DOES inform you when the options have changed after you join.

But no, it doesn't tell you if there are non-default options set when you join.  It's good to get in the habit of checking.

June 4, 2009 3:42:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's a good idea, especially as more systems are put in place to track rage quits and disconnects.  It would be bad to realize 15 minutes into the game, that some weird settings were in place and you no longer want to play.  However there is also a counter-argument that hitting the Ready button is a sort of contract, and you should make sure you are ok with the current game's setting before pressing it.

June 4, 2009 6:07:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good idea, to help with this .. they should change the game options menu to be more like Supreme Commander, where you can see them all from the lobby screen.

June 5, 2009 2:05:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm confused i'm not aware of ever being informed that the options are different - and I have played with different options. How does it let you know?

Tals

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.