The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Question about Orb of Defiance

By on June 4, 2009 4:03:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quick question about Orb of Defiance.

(a) Does its use cleanse negative effects (such as an UB's spit) ?

( Can you capture a flag with its use (i.e. when one is invulnerable for 5 seconds, do those 5 seconds count towards flag capture) ?

(c) Can one use other trinkets / consumable while invulnerable (i.e. use a flag capture lock while invulnerable) ?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

+3 Karma | 5 Replies
June 4, 2009 4:18:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A) no but they will still wear off  so you will take less damage from ub spit

not sure.

C) No you can't use any items for abilities.

June 4, 2009 4:34:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Flag caps work, I haven't tried other trinkets but I'm sure anything with a cast time wouldn't work, and probably nothign at all but I'm not sure.  Basically it's just like oak cast a 5 sec invuln shield on you and you're stunned.

June 4, 2009 4:38:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can however cast Circle of Fire as Torchbearer and then use the orb of defiance...which can be quite useful.    Also, between shield and orb of defiance you could have a full eleven seconds of invulnerability (Could even get the entirety of the Heart of Life Regeneration during that time period)...6 of which you could spend beating things up (just a couple of random thoughts about the item).

In addition, you can use Orb of Defiance RIGHT before you get stuck in UB's Life Drain and it will negate all the damage from that move...as it should, but still use UB's ability up...nifty eh...

June 4, 2009 4:46:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

June 4, 2009 5:32:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Best use of it i have found is to activate heart of life first, then instantly the orb of defiance. if done quickly enough this can even be done in the heat of battle (between attacks) and the heart of life will still regenerate you while you are invulnerable due to the orb. So thats 5 seconds of hol, or 1500 hp/1500 mana guaranteed regen at every usage.

Another great use is when fleeing and you see that big nuke coming (like tbs fireball), just activate it and it will negate all damage.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.