The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Gold for Leavers

By on June 3, 2009 7:04:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pseudomelon

Join Date 04/2009
+24

Well, as do many people out there, I greatly dislike the idea that Demigod could be made better by becoming a DotA clone.

However. *twitch* (Dear All-Father, will I be flamed for this) I think that when a player leaves, rather than leaving an AI behind (clearly a punishment to their team, as the damned thing desperately charges towers for who knows what reason) it may be fairer to remove the person's demi, and refund a portion of their gold, maybe around 50%, to the team (by selling the leavers items, DotA teams do achieve just this on a regular basis). The team's gold per second would then take a slight increase to compensate for their loss of a player.

The negative sides of this are clear enough, I suppose. It may cause the more ignorant members of the community to try and get their teammates to leave if they ever do anything wrong, and it would lead to demigods who were substantially stronger on one team than the other. However, it would definitely be more balanced than the current "Well, sorry mate, your teammate left and all we have is SuperFeeder, who has the power to buff your opponents! *insert AI here*"

Any thoughts?

Locked Post 12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 3, 2009 8:28:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bad Idea.

If somewone would leave, you could get Ashkandor quite fast and this on Reg = GG 100%

June 3, 2009 8:44:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any thoughts?

there is no solution to the "leaving" problem, no matter what you come up with.

June 3, 2009 11:54:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In the new patch the AI is less suicide happy but I think this would make a good game option that could be turned on or off.  I am pretty sure until we see an AI rival the best players most players would rather take the extra gold when someone leaves.

June 3, 2009 12:30:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just played a 2on2 and my ally dropped out of the game. We were in the lead, everything was fine and then he just dropped out (I suspect a drophack since there was no reason for him to leave and connections were good).

Well after that I didn't have a chance of winning anymore, because the enemys just keep killing the stupid ai and get lots of gold and theres nothing you can do about it.

Also the AI is still stupid, ran right into their base all the way up to their portals while all enemy defenses were still there.

June 3, 2009 1:27:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

they should do 2 things ... first of al increase the AI Difficulty

and second a 7 days ban for people who leave

and leave as in go away and leave the battlefield not leave due to connection drop

but they leave in midst of the battle 

those are my 2 solutions

1. Increase AI's difficulty when player left.

2. 7 day ban for people who leave on their own free will.

June 3, 2009 2:16:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

. 7 day ban for people who leave on their own free will.

1- you only have to disconnect yourself from your router to bypass that kind of thing

2-sometimes when the battle is lost, why would we have to stay for 5-10 more minutes (yes comebacks are possible but not always)

June 3, 2009 5:37:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When someone leaves instead relsease a pack of rabid kittens opon the opposite team that breath fire and stink of pure cuteness. Other than that we could always find thier messenger screename and send naughty messages until they apologize.

I have tried to 'save games' when my teamate quits, and it is almost always hopeless, so I am not sure of a way to counter it, because we all know the AI is more suicidal than anything (walking into a tower when having 200hp is just wrong).

June 3, 2009 6:18:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Opawan,
Bad Idea.

If somewone would leave, you could get Ashkandor quite fast and this on Reg = GG 100%

Idk if this works, but couldn't you just buy items and drop them for Regulus to sale if you really wanted to? And that would be more than 50% gold.

June 3, 2009 7:37:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting uberShade,

Quoting Opawan, reply 1Bad Idea.
Idk if this works, but couldn't you just buy items and drop them for Regulus to sale if you really wanted to? And that would be more than 50% gold.

The idea was to not give the opposing faction direct control of the hero, but rather remove it from the game entirely. The items would be lost, and their value in gold, multiplied by 50% and divided among the remaining members of the team, would hardly be enough for Ashkandor spam. However, it would certainly be more useful to the team than the bots (who as of patch 1.01 are slightly less suicidal. Heh.). The way the gold is split is up for change, but I know I'd much rather have the gold than the AI, and it would stop the essential automatic loss after a teammate leaves.

I think the main problem with the change would be, as uberShade stated, that it might give too much gold to the leaver's team. This is largely the subject that is up for debate.

June 3, 2009 8:18:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The idea was to not give the opposing faction direct control of the hero

I think uberShade's point was that the dropper (assuming the drop was intentional) could always buy stuff for the team before leaving so why not automate that process. Pooling resources like that is a valid tactic without a person leaving.

June 4, 2009 3:08:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mmm, this is a good point. The fact remains that numerous people find such a tactic 'cheap', but this would at least be a solution to the dreaded AI.

June 4, 2009 10:08:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

Any thoughts?
there is no solution to the "leaving" problem, no matter what you come up with.

+1karma, so true...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: