The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod v1.01 Released!

By on June 2, 2009 4:26:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Stardock has released an updated version of Gas Powered Games popular PC action/strategy game Demigod today.  In Demigod, players take on the role of a powerful demigod whose objective is to defeat similarly powerful opponents in a quest to ascend into the pantheon of the gods.

The game features single player tournaments and skirmish as well as a persistent on-line tournament where players can compete in ranked or unranked games in a variety of ways. 

The new version of Demigod has focused largely on significantly improving the on-line experience of Demigod based on player feedback.

Version 1.01 includes a host of new features and improvements to the game including:

• Improved on-line connectivity
  • Significantly improved computer AI
  • Better in game detection between those who quit a game versus those who get disconnected
  • Reduced bandwidth requirements
  • More robust storing of online statistics (favor points, achievements, rankings, etc.)
  • Better queuing of player actions in game.
  • Lots of misc. improvements

Demigod users can download the new version via Impulse.  Demigod is available at most retail outlets worldwide or via Impulse (www.impulsedriven.com ) for $39.95. 

To learn more about Demigod, visit www.demigodthegame.com .

+462 Karma | 56 Replies
June 2, 2009 4:32:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Excellent....

June 2, 2009 4:33:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nice.  I think I can finally begin recommending the game to friends...

June 2, 2009 4:34:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Connection issues worse than before. Several issues with waiting to connect to people who aren't waiting to connect to you.

June 2, 2009 4:34:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woohoo!

June 2, 2009 4:35:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sigh, still not able to connect to everyone, even when they can connect to me.

June 2, 2009 4:42:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

played a 1hr game as sedna with no failed abilities!

Connection worked great

June 2, 2009 4:56:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

woohoo! Thanks devs for the speedy patch! We appreciate all the work you've done and time put into this.

June 2, 2009 5:18:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why did they remove the "exit to windows"-button?

June 2, 2009 5:54:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Full patch notes anywhere?

Played one game and proxies still add 200 ping to us players in Europe; what happened to the mechanism to choose the proxy server closest to you?  Really expected that to be in this patch.

June 2, 2009 5:57:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting goldmull,
why did they remove the "exit to windows"-button?

Awwww lil mister ragey can't quit to windows from multiplayer, how sad

June 2, 2009 5:58:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sedna bug not fully fixed, I opened a thread in technical support about this.

June 2, 2009 6:19:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Still a bunch of conection issues.. tried to play 3 custom games.. couldn't get all players to connect in each of them...

June 2, 2009 6:24:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
AI got worse than before (imho). More suicid and more stupid moving. E.g. Sedna moved in a line from bottom to top instead of running directly away from me, standing right, to healinng crystal at left. _____ Connection worse than before. I got 5 games in a row where I couldn't join the lobby and I never(!) had that problem.
June 2, 2009 6:27:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Elixir7,
woohoo! Thanks devs for the speedy patch! We appreciate all the work you've done and time put into this.

Speedy patch? Almost two months after the release it is only fixing bugs that shouldn't have been there in the first place. This is a far cry from what we are used to from Stardock (yes, I know it's GPG this time): patches that add stuff (as in new stuff, not just fix stuff that was already in there) to the game and adjust the balance.

It's good, it's a step in the right direction. But now that connectivity isn't killing the game anymore, we're expecting the usual treatment - take feedback from the community (me! me!) and put it in the game.

June 2, 2009 6:27:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well slap me and call my grateful!  This is a day of days... now where is the new GODS?

June 2, 2009 6:33:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yourtoast,

Quoting goldmull, reply 8why did they remove the "exit to windows"-button?

Why call that raging? He asked what the rationale was for removing a useful button.

June 2, 2009 6:34:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yourtoast,

Quoting goldmull, reply 8why did they remove the "exit to windows"-button?

well i just wanted to know what's the sense of this change which you obviously are not competent enough to answer. your trollage against my rather neutral question, which in no way leads to the conclusion that i may be a ragequitter, makes me think that you just want to be funny and you might be very proud of your post now.

well...have it your way, but just let me make you know that i never quitted in rage and therefore might not know in which context the possibility to leave to desktop immediately is connected with ragequitting.

please enlighten me if you're able to!

-.-

June 2, 2009 6:36:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I got a few (3) access violation errors in about 20 minutes of trying to play, which is a lot more than I usually get (one every few days maybe)..  Wasn't alt tabbing or doing anything else that Demigod doesn't like.  I'll give it another go later, hopefully its a fluke.

June 2, 2009 7:04:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I got a new error I never saw before (A message box came up saying "Desync error.") I had to keep clicking "OK" on this box every 5 seconds to keep playing. This was after several people either lagged out or exitted the game.

The lag didn't seem reduced significantly.

Gameplay does seem more stable. And I think we're on the way to fixing gameplay issues! LOTS more to do guys!

The gameplay fixes make this a good update.

June 2, 2009 7:11:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ai appears to be a little more intelligent, but still pretty weak.... still, appears to be an improvement to me.  Thanks for getting 1.01 out! 

Also, love the AI instead of 0 ping changeup.  Very nice. 

June 2, 2009 7:17:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Funny how my first game after patching had an AI (from a dropped player of course) go suicide on some towers.

June 2, 2009 7:22:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I got a new error I never saw before (A message box came up saying "Desync error.") I had to keep clicking "OK" on this box every 5 seconds to keep playing. This was after several people either lagged out or exitted the game.

Desync errors are supposed to pop back up; it means not everyone is playing the same game for some reason.  The game, as are all RTS these days, is P2P at the computational level.  Every single RTS released these days is, must be, and will continue to be P2P at the computational, if not network, level.  Networking is how the game talks to other computers, computation is the actual game code.  When a rook rolls a hammer, what he does is tell everyone "OK, rolling hammer in direction XYZ", and then everyone calculates the rolling of that hammer, who is hit by it, etc etc.  A desync represents the game detecting that someone didn't make the same decision at some point.  It could be small (a single minotaur who didn't die on your machine but did on someone elses) or huge (a demigod that got away with 20HP vs. actually dieing).  Once the game desyncs, that's it, game over -- you have to restart.  (There are arguments that it should be possible to resync, but that's outside the scope of this discussion.  Simply put, it'd be nice, but not very practical)

June 2, 2009 7:30:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

will you reset the stats?

June 2, 2009 8:00:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sjokoladesaus,
will you reset the stats?

This would be nice, but ONLY if the stats actually track correctly now.  If not, why bother?

So the obvious question... Do stats track correctly now?  Sorry if this is what is meant by "more robust storing of [stats]" - as that sounds like ambiguous marketing jargon to me.

June 2, 2009 9:28:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Since the patch I'm getting numerous unhandled exceptions when trying to connect to players (once I reach the lobby). Also there are many times where I get a continous getting connection info dialogue. I never see the host, and ONLY one other player currently trying to join. Refreshing does nothing, rejoining does nothing. This patch has more or less made the game unplayable on multiplayer again.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000969   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.