The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Talent calculator? demigoddb.com is gone

By on May 31, 2009 6:04:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Demigoddb.com seems to have vanished into the abyss... Anyone know if there are any others out there?

0 Karma | 16 Replies
May 31, 2009 6:27:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://www.demigoddb.com/

Seems to work just fine for me?

May 31, 2009 6:50:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Works for me too

May 31, 2009 7:11:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fairly sure it's still there. It moved hosts sometime in the last few days, but it's still up and there. Pretty sure I'd know

May 31, 2009 7:12:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

he was probs updating the site as u tried to access it. just wait abit.

UhelligGudn ftw

May 31, 2009 7:31:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

MySQL error showing up for some people apparently. Website is still there, but it's not showing anything. Just a blank brown page.

May 31, 2009 9:03:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's possible some people are still seeing the old server, which doesn't work anymore, their ISP my cache the page, or perhaps the DNS Servers haven't updated yet. Either way, the site is up and working, I can assure you.

May 31, 2009 9:53:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just tested, it worked fine on firefox 3.0.10... untill I'd navigated through maybe 20 changes then I get unable to connect to MySQL database on all the calculator, item and ability sections.

Close firefox, reboot and try to load the page again and it's the plain brown background and unable to connect to MySQL discussed above.

Dunno what happened, new host isn't too draconian with lots of refreshes in a short period or something odd?

May 31, 2009 11:07:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Works fine here. It wouldn't be a browser issue, I'm fairly certain its probably a cache/DNS issue which would likely resolve itself. Some ISP's cache DNS requests and such locally to speed up page load times, this usually shouldnt take more than 24 hours, but who knows what some ISP's do to save money.

I will talk to my host and such to see, hopefully everything will be sorted soon.

May 31, 2009 11:19:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just saying it doesn't sound like DNS caching is the fault here. I was able to connect just fine to the webpage at first, then 5 minutes later after a little browsing it couldn't connect anymore.

Now after a while it's back again.

May 31, 2009 11:22:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well the old server isn't under my control anymore, it's just sitting there. The database could be going up and down for all I know. I will talk to my host and see what is going on, for now, patience

May 31, 2009 3:24:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah, I getcha', I didn't think they might have just left it going on the old server too.

May 31, 2009 4:40:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

gone for me aswell.

May 31, 2009 4:47:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

works fine for me

May 31, 2009 5:02:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh. Damn! It's not showing up for me!

June 1, 2009 5:13:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

for everyone who is gone say your browser  your looking it through

because it might be something like it doesn't like  certain  browsers

June 1, 2009 12:07:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's not a browser issue, it's a database issue. I'm not sure if it's the new host having problems with the database, or if some people are still seeing the old host for some reason and that is causing issues. It works fine for me consistently. If you just get "Mysql could not connect" or something similar, it's likely you're looking at the old server. If you get a message saying there is technical difficulties, there is a problem with the new server. If you just get the site, you are having no problems. If you don't get a page at all, you're probably typing the url wrong

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.