The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Oak Challenge!!

for all you pro Oaks out there

By on May 29, 2009 7:21:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So you think you got your Oak down? 

Well then I'm cordially inviting you to bring it for a no-holds-barred 1v1 Oakduel.   

Rules as follows:

1v1 Conquest, Prison Map, Default settings (unless otherwise agreed by both parties)

I don't get to play as often as I'd like, so rather than set a timeline just add a comment here, keep this post in your mind and next time you see me in IRC or game lobby we'll wrassle   

When you beat me I'll add a comment and we can all try toppling your throne ^^

disclaimer: 1v1 proves very little in relation to team games, and I'm issuing the challenge to learn from different styles, not because I think I'm the best there is

+118 Karma | 14 Replies
May 29, 2009 8:21:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i would love to do this, is there like a friends list or anything on impulse so i could see when your on, or do you have xfire?

May 29, 2009 11:06:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

man i should have taken some screenshots of a game i played yesterday.

3on3 on Cataract, all 6 players were Oak. we had an Oak Power Rangers brawl. it was hilarious. obviously my team won because our Megazord was the strongest. 

May 30, 2009 12:23:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting transitive,

3on3 on Cataract, all 6 players were Oak. we had an Oak Power Rangers brawl. it was hilarious. obviously my team won because our Megazord was the strongest. 

iRofled.

May 30, 2009 1:26:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i would love to do this, is there like a friends list or anything on impulse so i could see when your on, or do you have xfire?

shift-tab ingame - brings up friendslist, add me - same nick.  It will tell you when I'm on and you can whisper too

Mirror matches are fun because you can really see how builds work in relation to each other - also stacked penitence is ridiculous

May 30, 2009 4:09:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wanna see an all rook battle. That must be an absolute clusterfuck.

May 30, 2009 7:32:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pseudomelon,
I wanna see an all rook battle. That must be an absolute clusterfuck.

5v5 QoT should be interesting.

May 30, 2009 10:27:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

alright i added you

May 30, 2009 9:16:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

5v5 qot qould take forever to kill a demi

May 30, 2009 9:28:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some multiple demigod combinations are insanely overpowered. If you face 3 "pro" tower rooks, they will be nearly impossible to beat with various DG combinations (3 TB could work, they got alot of AoE stuff, but others just wont be able to get all the towers down). Normally I play 1 DG type a team only: which imo should be standard.

There are also 1v1 situations, which I believe are nearly impossible to handle right now. Some minion build are very hard to fight, because there are no suitable, affordable items to deal with them early game. So you will get dominatied, and most likely lose the game.

This will have to be balanced in some way or another.

May 30, 2009 11:09:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i agree with ntropy

May 30, 2009 11:22:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So what does that make the spirits?  The Putty Patrol?

May 31, 2009 1:07:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting InfiniteVengeance,

So what does that make the spirits?  The Putty Patrol?

lol

May 31, 2009 7:21:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting si1foo,
5v5 qot qould take forever to kill a demi

I can see it now.

"The forces of light have constructed a finger of god!"

"Dark Giants have joined the battle!"

"We have first blood!"

June 1, 2009 7:24:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's beyond hilarious.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.