The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Adjust Gold and Exp based on level of Attacker vs Defender

By on May 29, 2009 12:48:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't really take credit for this idea, it has been on the forums here and there, but it really deserves some attention.

Gold and Exp gains should be based on the level of the winning DG versus the level of the losing DG.

If you are a higher level, you should earn less reward, if you are a lower level you should gain more reward.

Same level = 100%

1 Level difference - 75% / 125%

2 Levels difference - 50% / 150%

3 Levels difference and more - 25% / 175%

Wow, that seems like some big adjustments, however, bear in mind that most DGs rarely outlevel each other by more than 5 levels (unless you are Sedna and have problems creep farming!).

However, this makes it a lot less rewarding as a higher level to take that DG out, and gives a well planned attack by lower levels a little extra reward.

+9 Karma | 13 Replies
May 29, 2009 12:55:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would go a long way towards solving the 'level 6 AI who gets smashed by level 16 humans constantly' issue when people drop early on in a game.

Not to threadjack, but I also think that your kill or death streak should affect a positive or negative (repectively) bounty.

People who have killed three demigods in a row should be worth more money than the stupid AI that has died ten times straight.

May 29, 2009 12:57:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I see 3 level differences all the time. Prehaps that could be adjusted to like 10% per level.

May 29, 2009 1:03:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am not a fan of rubber banding effects. However having a demigod which as had a lot of kills accumulate some kind of bounty is an interesting idea.

May 29, 2009 1:04:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I see 3 level differences all the time.

Thats the point The curve has to be fairly steep for it to make an impact. 3 Levels is quite a lot in this game, often doubling the impact of some skills.

10% per level would make it too ineffective IMO. Possibly 20% per level may be better.

May 29, 2009 1:41:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting themadmanazn,
I am not a fan of rubber banding effects. However having a demigod which as had a lot of kills accumulate some kind of bounty is an interesting idea.

Isn't that precisely what the kills and kill streak favor awards are meant for...?

May 29, 2009 2:04:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He means, killing a guy with a bounty should give a bonus. And I like that idea. This WANTED guy, should perhaps have a skull-icon above him, or the like.

May 29, 2009 2:10:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting fenyx,

Isn't that precisely what the kills and kill streak favor awards are meant for...?

If favor wasn't completely broken and irrelevent to gameplay, that might work.

May 29, 2009 2:23:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually I meant those 3 levels DONT matter all that much. Sure it is much tougher to kill them but it's very possible if you double team that higher level DG. Or even just strike when it has been weakened. It is completely possible to kill even a lvl 15 while you're a lvl 10. So long as your DG is built to kill other DGs.

A 10% adjustment would work just fine. It might be on the weak side but it would help out and not be overpowered or unbalanced. Because 1 and 2 level differences happens ALOT and normally it's no harder to kill a DG that is 1 level above you as it is to kill one that is 1 level below you. Unless of course one of you have a huge amount more gold.

Hmmm, maybe the modifier should take into account how much gold you've made too? Because I've seen a lvl 4 UB with 5 or 6 kills and enough money to buy a low artifact. And items can be just as powerful as skill points.

May 29, 2009 2:26:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am not a fan of rubber banding effects.

It's not as bad as you think.  The higher leveled heroes are obviously harder to kill.

May 29, 2009 2:26:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BigAbboTT,
If favor wasn't completely broken and irrelevent to gameplay, that might work.

I hear you... I have high expectations over that v1.01 thingy...

May 29, 2009 2:58:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Hilving,
He means, killing a guy with a bounty should give a bonus.

this would be kindof cool. Not a fan of higher level dg's gaining less experience and less gold from killer lower level ones though. People shouldn't be punished for knowing how to outlevel their opponents.

May 29, 2009 3:03:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not 25% per level difference. 10%, per level, I'd say, up to 70% difference.

May 29, 2009 5:02:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.