The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

When you just cant win

By on May 29, 2009 7:09:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why is it that people have to be so dam annoying. Just come out of a game, where my teammate decided to annoy the hell out of me in chat, because I didn´t have spit as a skill as UB.

After moaning through the game, apparently I was still a n00b, despite being 9 for 0 kills, having 50% more damage than him, earning 50% more gold than him, earning twice as much favour as him, with him being at 7 kills for 4 as Regulus at the end.

What shocked me even more, is that I check his name after the game and he is in the top 100 players.

Apparently, ooze is a müll skill (german for rubbish). Spit rules all.

My favourite part was when my teamplay was brought into question, because he stood their getting pounded, I tp in and he dies in front of me. Then he complains "Thanks for the help", wtf am I supposed to do, whip out a heal from my backside? (Admittedly I had swapped out my Universal Gadget for Sigil of Vitality) Next time I shall purchase spit so I can spit on my dieing l33t teammates instead of outputting insane damage and not donating gold to my opponents.

This game is suppoesed to be played as entertainment not have idiots moan through a game and have too big an ego to admit they are wrong.

+9 Karma | 20 Replies
May 29, 2009 7:25:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is sad, but true; Some people are just idiots, and the only thing you can do about is laugh.

May 29, 2009 7:29:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol thats nothing compared to playing dota

May 29, 2009 7:32:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Last night I died a couple of times in the early game, and my teammate started calling me names (using the "to ALL" option) in chat. (I don't die all that often, this was just a hard game and the other team were focus-firing on me when I'd show up. They even said so. Anyway, excuses aside...)

For the rest of the game, and I now this is kind of lame, but at the time it felt quite funny, I made comments like "Oh, wait, you can die in this game?" "I think that monster just leaked something on me, gross!" "Why is that lady waving her plants at me?" "She seems nice." "Why did that grey man just turn all silver?" "That man has wings? How is this possible?" "Where am I, anyway?" (After I kill someone): "Why wouldn't he be friends with me?" "Who are all these little men running around?" and so on.

Well, like I said, it seemed funny at the time.

May 29, 2009 7:32:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

truly, he was an idiot..

but can you point out how to play an effective ooze-and-not-spit-build? i just don't seem to be able to master it..

May 29, 2009 7:37:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Play enough games to find a person you enjoy playing with. Befriend that person and play games with him or her. The end.

May 29, 2009 7:37:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

People are insanely good at not applying their rules to themselves

May 29, 2009 8:17:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ooze can be very effective against not ranged dm-gods.. So it's really weird he's a top 100, that he thinks you have to have spit, but maybe he has been very lucky and won a lot of matches cause of his good teammates. Also when you die as regulus, you obvoiusly can't be that good.....

People should eralise it's just for fun

May 29, 2009 8:40:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You are allowed to rage, when your partner picks QoT, and doesn't get bramble shield. IT'S ALL SHE IS GOOD FOR.

May 29, 2009 10:27:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UhelligGudn,
You are allowed to rage, when your partner picks QoT, and doesn't get bramble shield. IT'S ALL SHE IS GOOD FOR.

Then again, the people that just beat my QoT partner and I claimed that Bramble Shield isn't useful because it's one of the most easily countered abilities in the game.

I don't know who's right, because I never play as QoT. In fact, I'm not really sure what "bramble shield" is.

May 29, 2009 10:33:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if its easily counterable , someone share!

May 29, 2009 10:35:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there simply is no must-have-skill

May 29, 2009 10:36:50 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well, damage is a pretty easy counter...

Of course, that's more or less the point of the ability so I'm not sure what they're talking about.  It's an instant-cast ability so unless there's an item or ability that instantly dispels it that I'm not aware of, what other clever 'counter' there could be?

May 29, 2009 10:45:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Speusippus,
Last night I died a couple of times in the early game, and my teammate started calling me names (using the "to ALL" option) in chat. (I don't die all that often, this was just a hard game and the other team were focus-firing on me when I'd show up. They even said so. Anyway, excuses aside...)

I've had that happen a couple times where I died a couple times quick and while I wasn't berated like you I feel bad about it.  But once all my Oak minions and spirits are at full power and taking down towers like they were brittle glass it's a different story. 

Seriously though, crap happens in a game.  Was in one last night where I was Oak and doing good in my lane when all of a sudden two DG showed up and hammered me before I knew what was up.  By the time I could start to run it was too late.  Dead.  Got triple teamed one other time in the same game.  By then I had Last Stand though and took out my frustrations. 

I wish the 12 yr olds would stop crying though.  We all aren't at the same level of play and the game is "random" for crying out loud.  You get triple teamed and you're toast, I don't care who you are. 

May 29, 2009 11:13:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bramble Shield basically gives you 700 extra health at level 1, which you can cast on anyone. Used correctly on your team, it gives a considerable advantage.

The reason it's a must have skill is because QoT she has the third lowest HP in the game (only 40HP more at level 1 than the lowest), so the shield gives her 50% more health at level 1. Then there is the fact that her minions do not get stronger as you level them, you ALSO have to level a seperate ability to make them stronger. Then there is the fact that her shambler mulch is a pain in the ass to use because your shamblers get lost in the mix.

Minions just require too many skill point allocations to not only setup before late game, but also they still aren't all that great. While you "can" have a QoT build without Bramble Shield, I personally don't see how useful you can be QoT is just far too underpowered to be a demigod killer, and is far better using bramble shield to offer support to her allies. I have no problem however if there is a plan to not getting Bramble Shield. Except when you are against UB with Spit, and Oak, basically.. DPS insanity, plus bramble sheild is a perfect counter to spit, you can even activate it after already being spit on.

May 29, 2009 11:39:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ooze build rocks.  That guy was a n00b.

May 29, 2009 12:51:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yea I normally just ignore those kinds of people. Ooze is just as powerful as spit and it's harder to tell you're getting hit by it. I'm actually trying to figure out a beastial wrath build that works decent.

I was a Rook on Cataract one game holding off and killing the 3 other DGs. I had died a few times earlier on until I got some of my later game items and skills. One of my teammates would not shutup in ALL chat. Constantly telling me and my friend "how to play the game" while we were pretty much dominating. He raged quit because we weren't doing what he said and then lost the game due to our AI feeding the other team.

May 29, 2009 1:00:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That guy sounds like a dumbass and was frustrated at himself. I had a very similar game where I was regulus and my ally was regulus, we were playing against UB and someone else (I don't remeber). My teammate kept yelling at me because I didn't get maim and HE kept getting killed because of it, why didn't he just get it then?

He was also yelling at me to snipe when I had obviously already sniped at the same time he did and I was waiting for cooldown.

He was also getting attacked, I threw down some mines for him to run past, after decided not to go into the mines and dieing elsewhere, he said "Thanks for the mines dumbass"

Did I mention he also yelled at me for dieing before quitting, which at that point in the game I had 4 kills 3 deaths when he had 2 kills 6 deaths?

May 29, 2009 1:06:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He was also getting attacked, I threw down some mines for him to run past, after decided not to go into the mines and dieing elsewhere, he said "Thanks for the mines dumbass"

lol

Feel better that everyone else seems to get annoying teammates too

but can you point out how to play an effective ooze-and-not-spit-build? i just don't seem to be able to master it..

Check out Thrandiuls guide in the strategy section it is a really good starter.

May 29, 2009 2:47:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Seen you in action Sinzer - you play well tho a little heavy on arti stacking perhaps? 9k hp is a lot lol. Was that the game with Igra and co.?

If I get abuse from a team mate I just tell 'em to get bent and leave the game if they keep it up though - I can't be bothered to play with arseholes , would rather start a new game with non-wankers.

May 29, 2009 3:37:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting aSmallKitten,

If I get abuse from a team mate I just tell 'em to get bent and leave the game if they keep it up though - I can't be bothered to play with arseholes , would rather start a new game with non-wankers.

Good point.  If someone's totally being an ass about things, just warn them a couple times that if they don't stop, you're going to leave.  First do it in allies only, then if they continue, send to all to let everyone know you're leaving because of the ass of a teammate you had.

Or maybe that's a bad idea? hehehe

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.