The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Why does the game favor people with shabby connections?

By on May 26, 2009 12:19:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Or why do they seem to move at normal rate and the rest of the players at slow mo speeds?

I am talking when one guy is so shitty hes' at sim speed -3 the rest of us at 5 or 7 sim speed and yet HE is the one moving fast not us/!?!?

+2 Karma | 4 Replies
May 26, 2009 12:39:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Unfortunately, the game can only be run as fast as the slowest computer. I believe this is a result of its peer-to-peer nature.

An analogy would be 4 people meeting up to work on a project. If one person is slow, the rest must all wait, otherwise they'll get ahead of the fourth player. Since the 4th guy can't get any faster, he'll just get further and further behind. The only options are either to not include the fourth guy, or to meet up at a later time for him, delaying the rest of the group.

Now, server-client games basically mean you're either fast enough for the server, or you're getting like, a slideshow as everyone else zips by you, and your game is basically unplayable. This means the fourth guy simply can't play the game, which I'd argue is more unfair than having everyone else be a little slower.

May 26, 2009 9:35:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would say its more unfair to ruin the game for 5 other folks because of 1 guy. 

May 26, 2009 9:40:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ferm1nc,
I would say its more unfair to ruin the game for 5 other folks because of 1 guy. 

That's why we have the option to kick people in custom game lobbies. It only fixes some of the problem... and only part of the time... but it is something.

May 27, 2009 12:41:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ferm1nc,

Exactly.  The many should never suffer for the few or the one... some pointy eared guy inspired that..

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.