The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Language

By on May 26, 2009 4:00:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When I'll buy my german version of demigod, will i be able to use the original englisch text and voices, or do i have to stick to the german translation?

0 Karma | 16 Replies
May 26, 2009 4:03:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Err, I'm not sure if you could switch between the two, but you might be able to download the english version while in Germany.

May 26, 2009 4:16:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you will totally be able to download the english version via impulse (i am french and play with the english version without trouble).

May 26, 2009 5:29:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and who can u download it?

May 26, 2009 5:52:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I believe you can download it directly off the site. http://www.demigodthegame.com/purchase/

May 26, 2009 6:34:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi!

I have a problem which can relate to this one, so I write here.

Last night I managed to get a 50% coupon reduction and bought Demigod. Now as I want to install it I see there's only two language choices: english and russian! (I'm french)

I dont' mind playing in english (voices are often better) but I really wanted to give a try to the French one, to see if it was worthy.

I know the game should propose me to install it in french.

Anyone has a solution?

May 26, 2009 7:01:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Guillaumev,
Hi!

I have a problem which can relate to this one, so I write here.

Last night I managed to get a 50% coupon reduction and bought Demigod. Now as I want to install it I see there's only two language choices: english and russian! (I'm french)

I dont' mind playing in english (voices are often better) but I really wanted to give a try to the French one, to see if it was worthy.

I know the game should propose me to install it in french.

Anyone has a solution?

I wonder how the french torchbearer sounds like.

May 26, 2009 7:26:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wish so much I could answer you... it would mean I play the game, which actually I don't... still waiting for a solution to that language problem!

May 26, 2009 8:21:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

which version do i get when i buy directly from the hp? can i choose wether i want english french etc.?

i'll probably buy it from a local store anyway, so will i be able to play it in english as well? (german store)

May 26, 2009 11:17:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Currently we can only offer the English and Russian localizations via Impulse (langauge is chosen at time of install). We hope to have the Euro localizations back soon but can't really give any estimate of when that might happen. Any buyer of the game will have access to any langauges we offer, though.

May 26, 2009 11:39:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so i can buy it now and later download the language packs offered by you online?

May 26, 2009 12:06:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, if you register the game (regardless where you bought it), you can get any of the langauges we are able to offer by download with a reinstall via Impulse.

May 26, 2009 1:32:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@kryo:

Thanks for answer! Nice to see we'll be able to choose our native language.

I still wonder why russian is, among all other languages, the only one available Oo

May 26, 2009 1:47:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I did some further looking into this, and unfortunately it appears that the Euro langauges won't be making a comeback for the forseeable future. Impulse should update existing euro langauge installs from retail copies properly, but will only be able to provide English or Russian for clean full download installs.

May 26, 2009 1:53:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh.... just wonderfull I just bought demigod in the online shop and it's too late. be glad that i would never reallyl use the german translation and go for the english one. just asked in case but now that i heard the german sux im fine.

May 26, 2009 2:00:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm very sorry about that. If it does become a problem for you, you can contact [email protected] for a return/refund.

May 26, 2009 2:13:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no i'm not that bitchy. i was already surprised that a staff guy even replied to my question^^. rather only english than only german (which is said to suck^^)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.