The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

To People Who Want "Last Hitting" Implemented

By on May 25, 2009 8:15:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No thanks. There is already a much better system imo.

There is something called "Creep Tagging". The short:

You get exp for all kills within a 30 yard range,

You get extra gold for all creeps that were considered "Tagged" - you did 25% of their HP in dmg to them.

Bet a lot of you didnt know that

+26 Karma | 19 Replies
May 25, 2009 8:21:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Small addition:

"Tagging" = 25% of their hp OR killing blow.

May 25, 2009 8:29:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah yea, forgot to add that. Thanks SThaler.

May 25, 2009 9:23:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Plague gold ftw.

May 25, 2009 9:26:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do you have to be in range if you've "tagged" them? Does damage from minions count for "tagging?"   Do minions count for being "in range?"

May 26, 2009 12:05:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heavens wrath earns exp as well, years away from a creep lane, as i found outagainst a player who had it.

May 26, 2009 12:16:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You get extra gold for all creeps that were considered "Tagged" - you did 25% of their HP in dmg to them.

good to know!

May 26, 2009 12:20:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

May 26, 2009 10:32:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What's up with all these f'n kittens? I really don't get this.

Back to topic. Good to know, thanks.

May 26, 2009 12:44:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^ obviously u dont get the topic if u dont get kittens

May 26, 2009 2:45:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, your the kitten dude, we get it already.

don't overdo it!

May 26, 2009 4:37:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gold from creeps is pitifully low.  It needs to be significantly raised.

May 26, 2009 4:43:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cant overdo kittens sorry, and topic rly has nothing that needs to be added

May 26, 2009 6:28:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Gold from creeps is pitifully low.  It needs to be significantly raised.

I don't think so. But you can take you and your gold loving friends and change the settings to play the way you want to.

May 26, 2009 6:39:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't think so. But you can take you and your gold loving friends and change the settings to play the way you want to.

Sitting around should not give more gold than killing creeps.  Currently it does.  A lot more.

The only other way to get gold is killing enemy Demigods.  If you are down on gold there is NO WAY to make it up save killing enemy Demigods in response, which is now significantly more difficult because they're up on gold and have better items.  A vicious circle.

You can't farm your way back into the game.  This is a dimension of the game that is sorely lacking.

May 26, 2009 7:11:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can't farm your way back into the game.

Do you feel like this is true even when you are eating up the opponents' angels (for example) and all they have to munch on is basic soldiers?

I don't have enough game time under my belt to make a definate call on that one yet. Of course the answer depends on the extent of the kill discrepency... but in general terms?

May 26, 2009 7:22:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Infinite you dont know what your talking about.
36 gold per starting wave really isnt that bad. If you get 40 gold every 30 seconds and your opponent doesnt by the end of a 20 minute match you would have made 2k or so more gold then your opponent which is decent. Now, that is assuming no reinforcements get upgraded - which really never happens.

Priests provide 33g each. In each wave there are at least 4 (just a guess) - thats 33x4 = 132. 132 + 36 = 168. Now lets imagine they dont even upgrade past preists (which rarely happens too) and the game last another 10 minutes with the priests (another harsh assumption). Thats 3.5k or so gold made if you manage all the creeps.

And then Angels and Catapaults both provide 66 gold per unit which is a lot of cash.

And then last but not least, giants give 100 gold per kill.

So by the end game, you will be getting around 635 gold per wave! 10 minutes of giants give you roughly 12k gold, and your saying you cant farm your way back into games. Harhar

So yes, the intial wave of creeps may not provide THAT much extra gold, but from priests onwards you really do start making some good money from them. I have no idea how you say:

If you are down on gold there is NO WAY to make it up save killing enemy Demigods in response

Why do you think early priests can so easily lose you the game? Because the opponent will be getting more gold and exp then you.

Have you really never had a game where you get to giants on, lets say prison, and the enemy has managed to stand their ground. What happens if they survive the wave after wave of catapaults and giants? They will be richer and more experienced then you.

You can't farm your way back into the game.  This is a dimension of the game that is sorely lacking.

I have done this many times and seen it be done even more, so I dont know how that statement can be true.

May 26, 2009 7:24:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

gold isn't the only resource if you are behind in kills you still can get ahead in warscore.

Also killing demigods and killing creeps is not the only ways  to get gold, there is also the gold mine flags, towers and citadel upgrades - okay currency I is a given but currency II is something which costs a lot yet gives you an advantage if you can defend long enough.

If you are behnd in all 3 Resources : Gold (that is "Gold earned minus Gold spent on sold items and used consumables"), Warscore and Experience it is hard to make a comeback but if you are the better team you can do it but if you  are behind because you are just the worse team there is not much of a chance to make a comeback - thats how it  is in all other games as well.

You also should never forget to consider that in order to make a Demigod kill you have to invest some gold in potions or consumables unless your enemy fails badly, I've had a lot kills where the bounty was lower then what I invested in the kill. Still worth it of course because you can get map control if you have powerplay.

May 26, 2009 7:45:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

36 gold per starting wave really isnt that bad. If you get 40 gold every 30 seconds and your opponent doesnt by the end of a 20 minute match you would have made 2k or so more gold then your opponent which is decent. Now, that is assuming no reinforcements get upgraded - which really never happens.

2k, really?  That's chump change.  Seriously.  And you're assuming you kill EVERY SINGLE CREEP (towers kill most of them) and that they kill NONE.  Is this reasonable?  Not in the slightest.

Priests provide 33g each.

And no one gets them until it's necessary.  The creep upgrades are bought in burst, not gradually.

So by the end game, you will be getting around 635 gold per wave! 10 minutes of giants give you roughly 12k gold, and your saying you cant farm your way back into games.

If you're seeing giants, you are not living 10 more minutes.  If you do, you win, but not because you farmed your way back into it, it's because you either both have giants, or the enemy is incompetent.  At this point it's a creep clusterfuck, and they're taking portals.  It's end game.  You are not farming anything.

Why do you think early priests can so easily lose you the game? Because the opponent will be getting more gold and exp then you.

Which is why everyone waits as long as possible before getting them.  This is stupid in and of itself - you are PUNISHED for buying the upgrades.  Regular creeps should be giving far more gold and the upgrade creeps far less (and less exp than they do).

Also killing demigods and killing creeps is not the only ways  to get gold, there is also the gold mine flags, towers and citadel upgrades - okay currency I is a given but currency II is something which costs a lot yet gives you an advantage if you can defend long enough.

Currency 1 should be gotten immediately upon war score 3, it gives such a massive gold boost it's suspiciously unbalanced.  The others are ignored.  Gold mines give crap, and aren't even consistently around all maps.  That's why they're almost always paired with the artifact shop.

You also should never forget to consider that in order to make a Demigod kill you have to invest some gold in potions or consumables unless your enemy fails badly

You invest in team work, usually.  The net gold for your team with several assists is staggering.

To summarize - the base creeps still give much less than just standing there.  This is wrong.

May 26, 2009 7:50:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree. Priests are tough in certain situations, but the rewards for killing them should be nerfed.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001015   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.