The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I demand an explaination Stardock

By on May 25, 2009 4:22:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just purchased Demigod and for some reason, it won't let me login into multiplayer.  Mind you, I logged into Impluse just fine to download the game but it wont' let me play online.

I don't know what kind of scam Stardock is trying to pull, but I did purchase the game and demand an explaination for this shoddy service.

EDIT: Nevermind, realized the two emails somehow screwed overr the shitty Impulse system.  Whose moronic idea was to have registeration based on email accounts instead of an Impulse account?

0 Karma | 36 Replies
May 26, 2009 2:54:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting transitive,
wow. infinite lolcats from Azrail. i don't think you've used the same one twice yet!

i have a secret supply of them

May 26, 2009 2:54:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

double post of doom

May 26, 2009 3:02:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
May 26, 2009 3:07:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

May 26, 2009 7:22:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1) Admitted publicly that you did not follow directions;

What directions?  It's not like the Impulse program had any warning on it as to why it didn't work.  Usually a normal person would assume that if you register a product under an account, it would work.  That didn't happen with me and I got pissed (a reasonable reaction).  I am trying to support the company and instead I'm get shoddy service because of lousy program design.

If this was such a common problem, the solution should be within the Impulse program or better yet, this should not have happened in the first place

2) Admitted publicly that instead of trying to sort out the problem you assumed it was a scam and overreacted;

No shit I would consider it a scam.  I downloaded a game, it didn't work.  I never had this much trouble with any game before and I've been around PC gaming for way too long.

3) Got pwned by Stardock support who publicly verified your account and asked if maybe you typed in the wrong PW (lulz)

Hard to do that since I downloaded Demigod via Impulse.

4) and then, as if that wasn't bad enough, you come back and criticize their email policies?

I couldn't connect because I used two different emails under the same Impulse account, which is stupid.  Are you saying this is a good thing?

May 26, 2009 8:33:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HAI GUYZ YEAH AHHAA ITS SO FUNNY HE CANT START THE GAME WHAT A NOOBSAUSCE RIGHT? HAHA WERE PROS WE COULD GET THE GAME TO WORK RIGHT AWAY AHHA YAEAH!!!

May 26, 2009 10:23:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As the store is separate from the main user database for maximum security, the email you provide to it is the only means it has to identify you and link your purchase to your Impulse account. If you used different emails and cannot register the game, please contact [email protected] and they will merge it for you.

May 26, 2009 11:17:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did you at least learn that researching your problems before posting ignorant topics is the way to handle things?

To acuse Stardock of "scamming" you is completely unnecessary.

May 26, 2009 11:47:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This was one of the most painful forum posts I have ever read. The OP and his ridiculous post represents all that is wrong with this world.

MarkyX, you should be embarrassed of what you did here.

May god have mercy on your soul.

May 26, 2009 1:37:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

amen...

May 26, 2009 3:06:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1) Admitted publicly that you did not follow directions;
What directions? It's not like the Impulse program had any warning on it as to why it didn't work. Usually a normal person would assume that if you register a product under an account, it would work. ...

I did it right the first time.

I'M EXTRAORDINARY !!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000171   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.