The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Thank you Frogboy!!!

By on May 23, 2009 5:20:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for the 50% off coupon!

I think I'll give mine to somebody on my SupCom modding team. Thank you again, there are too many threads complaining about the details and I think a CEO who cares so much for the community deserves better!!! First time I see a CEO actively participating in forum discussions, keeping us informed, working day and night to fix the problems and giving us presents at the same time. Quite refreshing to see somebody in this business who cares and does not ignore the problems like so many other companies!

Demigod is my first Stardock game. Sins and GC are too addictive and dangerous... I'm extremely pleased how Demigod turned out as a game (been around since beta 1). It's just the right mix of action, strategy and fun. I hope your support can help me to play online again, it's basically the only multiplayer game I'm good at...

It was the first time I didn't buy a box but went for the digital download, mostly because the shipping costs to Europe are just crazy! Please e-slap UPS for me, will ya? Well, Impulse works great for me. Updating is fast and easy (I'm looking at you GPGnet!), the downloads maxed my connection out each time (>5Mbit DL), verify installation is extremely useful, beta patch support is a powerful tool... I think you are on the right way.

Chat and friends list need a little love and VoIP as option would be very useful for Demigod. I had some problems with Pay Pal though, I tried to buy Soulstorm on one of the weekend specials and it wouldn't let me purchase the game. And my coupon back in the day didn't work with Pay Pal either, credit cards only. (Most people here don't use credit cards over here.)

But now I'm rambling, enjoy the long weekend everybody and recharge the batteries!

+46 Karma | 5 Replies
May 23, 2009 6:03:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree! People need to quit whining so goddamn much. Things are being fixed, so stfu and let Stardock and GPG do their thing. Bitchinmoanin' is not gonna help your situation any more, so instead, do something productive and atleast confess your frustrations civily and atleast acknowledge that the developer and publisher are working hard, which they are. Not very many companies would go to the extent to please their customers as much as Stardock has done recently.

Anyways, thank you Stardock for working so hard on this and getting this sorted out. Almost there. Still some tweaks needed, but a lot of progress has definitely been made. With every good comes a bad, but the reverse is also true. Hang in there!

May 23, 2009 6:42:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think we'll be seeing a large jump in the number of players online by 29 May.

I've actually got more people I know who are wishing to get the game than I (and my already Demigod-playing friends) have coupons to give around.

May 23, 2009 6:50:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've actually got more people I know who are wishing to get the game than I (and my already Demigod-playing friends) have coupons to give around.
That is good news. It was a very ballsy move from Frogboy to make this offer and I hope it works out for all of us.

I agree! People need to quit whining so goddamn much.
I agree, we are too fixated on the problems and don't apprechiate the good things enough. Playing Demigod is incredible fun, even when I'm stuck with the nightmare AI for now...

Having said that, I reserve my right to howl and whine like a Tasmanian Devil when it is reasonable. However I think it's equally important to give praise where it is deserved. In the last month Stardock and GPG have worked their ass off to fix problems and help us. Networking issues are not easy to fix and it takes time. I didn't expect it would be solved with the first patch. I work in tech support myself and can apprechiate how hard it it to find and solve these problems.

Of course Frogboy is not the only one who deserves a big thank you. There are a lot of Stardock and GPG employees who work mostly invisible to the rest of us and a bunch you see posting on the forums and answering questions and providing support. Thank you very much! It's not easy to keep a cool head under these complicated conditions. It's a pleasure to see how you handle small and big problems professionaly and quickly.

May 25, 2009 9:25:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Colonel_Jessep,

I've actually got more people I know who are wishing to get the game than I (and my already Demigod-playing friends) have coupons to give around.That is good news. It was a very ballsy move from Frogboy to make this offer and I hope it works out for all of us.

I agree! People need to quit whining so goddamn much.I agree, we are too fixated on the problems and don't apprechiate the good things enough. Playing Demigod is incredible fun, even when I'm stuck with the nightmare AI for now...
Having said that, I reserve my right to howl and whine like a Tasmanian Devil when it is reasonable. However I think it's equally important to give praise where it is deserved. In the last month Stardock and GPG have worked their ass off to fix problems and help us. Networking issues are not easy to fix and it takes time. I didn't expect it would be solved with the first patch. I work in tech support myself and can apprechiate how hard it it to find and solve these problems.

Of course Frogboy is not the only one who deserves a big thank you. There are a lot of Stardock and GPG employees who work mostly invisible to the rest of us and a bunch you see posting on the forums and answering questions and providing support. Thank you very much! It's not easy to keep a cool head under these complicated conditions. It's a pleasure to see how you handle small and big problems professionaly and quickly.

This ++. We definitely do need to give them praise where it is due, because they certainly deserve SOME. I mean they are only working 100 hour work weeks right? Obviously there are problems, but it will get fixed, these companies are decent companies who stand by their product and customers. I am sure they fucking tired of all the negativity but they are still trudging on. I hope they only see this as a challenge, and nothing more. They don't have to be doing all of this, but they are, so give them some damn encourement, you know? Stardock and GPG are doing just fine, let's continue to support them. We know they have our backs, so let's cool down and quit making things harder for them.

May 26, 2009 4:23:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agreed - they have done great things with the game over the last few weeks. Really hope that it becomes a long term game for me and with Stardock and GPG i'm confident that can happen

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.