The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Suicidal Beast upsets opposing team

And might be a bit unfair

By on May 22, 2009 4:37:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Having had some fun with a ooze-centric UB build recently, I sometimes - during battle - end up suiciding when low on health; whereby the opposing team receives no gold. In the last game in which it happened, the other team resorted to the usual assortment of verbal assault, though I seriously doubt there's a study to prove that the homosexual demographic are more inclined to commit suicide (they didn't put it in so many words, but you get the drift).

I assume it would be fairer if a suicide was treated like any other kill - ie, the gold goes to the other team. I've only experienced suiciding with UB, though my experience with the other DGs is limited.

Lastly, to the people who consider it proper to verbally project all innate frustration at any player in the game: take a 10 minute break from the game, see if you can perhaps invent a new insult for your next outrage - and be creative, don't hold back on that vocabulary of yours. Surely an insult can be expanded beyond the 4-5 words employed today, no?

+3 Karma | 19 Replies
May 22, 2009 4:56:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Believe it or not, that study actually does exist.

Homosexuals are more likely to be fanatical or suicidal.

(Just thought I'd clarify that)

May 22, 2009 5:01:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kyrein, your smoking crack. Go take your ignorance elsewhere.

May 22, 2009 5:06:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have no recollection of smoking crack.

May 22, 2009 5:07:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, there is some evidence to suggest that UB is gay? Should add it to his lore, or rumours.

May 22, 2009 5:13:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If that thing bred, I would be rather scared and more than a little disturbed.

May 22, 2009 5:15:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Committing suicide is a valid strategy as UB, to deny the opposition the rewards. He is not the only one that can commit suicide, Erebus can do it as well by drinking his own poisoned blood. Other demigods that can commit suicide i am unsure of however... at least no innate abilities draining hp except UB:s ooze. Maybe there is some item you could use?

May 22, 2009 5:25:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If that thing bred, I would be rather scared and more than a little disturbed.

Amen.

As for it being a valid strategy - I'm not so sure. In the midst of battle there's no way to decide if you're going down by your enemies' weapons or your own foul stench; it almost work like a x% kill dodge. If it is intended, I'd like it to show up under the UB's strengths...

May 22, 2009 9:02:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Am I missing the point? I'm wondering why you would want to suicide instead of just running back to your crystal. I mean on cataract the crystal isn't far but if it's exile or a large map and you are very far away I can kinda see your point.. but still why not just have a teleport scroll on you.  You gain no gold or xp while you are dead.

May 22, 2009 9:12:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For pure cheese factor, consider this: in beta, Erebus's Mist ability drained health, not mana.  Yes, he was still invincible while in Mist.

May 22, 2009 9:25:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's very hard to pull off but I don't see why it should go to the opposing team if they aren't touching you and you die.

May 22, 2009 9:45:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting NeoVain,
Committing suicide is a valid strategy as UB, to deny the opposition the rewards. He is not the only one that can commit suicide, Erebus can do it as well by drinking his own poisoned blood. Other demigods that can commit suicide i am unsure of however... at least no innate abilities draining hp except UB:s ooze. Maybe there is some item you could use?

Can any demigod suicide on Erubus' potions or just him?

May 22, 2009 10:01:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To clarify, what I meant; I sometimes "accidently" suicide when in a terminal battle - it is not intentional, or by any means a way of voiding the money for the kill; it just sometimes happen. Naturally, I'd much rather flee from a losing battle - even if I could intentionally suicide.

May 22, 2009 11:00:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Synapsis-dos,
Can any demigod suicide on Erubus' potions or just him?
If an enemy of Erebus drinks is, it's a kill by Erebus. Not sure who "gets the kill" if an ally slurps it.

Ben

May 22, 2009 11:37:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Enemies will gain assist kill money if their ally dies to one of his own potions.

And to think that unclean beast suiciding strategy is a good idea...thats just funny

Dying is never good...ever...

im glad you suicide and i dont get money so then the rest of us can mop up ur teammates with no prob

May 22, 2009 11:40:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Azeltir,
If an enemy of Erebus drinks is, it's a kill by Erebus. Not sure who "gets the kill" if an ally slurps it.

Erebus gets the kill (and XP/gold) for it no matter who drinks the potion (friend of foe), including when he, himself, suicides on the potion.  It is a major bug that the devs needs to fix.

May 22, 2009 11:49:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thrandiul,
It's very hard to pull off but I don't see why it should go to the opposing team if they aren't touching you and you die.

that's the point of the OP - the enemy is attacking and "touching" the UB.  It is pure happenstance that the "killing blow" occurs due to ooze in between enemy attacks.  The enemies that were attacking should at least get the assist reward when this occurs.  Do they?

May 22, 2009 11:54:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Suiciding is the oldest trick in the book, and a pro strat.  Ally denies were in dota for this very reason, and Pudge could also suicide using rot (seeing as UB is obviously modeled somewhat after Pudge)

No changes are needed, imo.

The whole "allies get gold when you suicide to Erebus potions" might need to change a little....I think that if you wanted to you could set up a fairly profitable enterprise farming kills from your own team using enemy towers to lower your life and potions to kill your own team.  You'd probably end up with a net gold benefit despite the death penalties thanks to how much gold DG kills give.

May 22, 2009 1:12:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hat's the point of the OP - the enemy is attacking and "touching" the UB. It is pure happenstance that the "killing blow" occurs due to ooze in between enemy attacks. The enemies that were attacking should at least get the assist reward when this occurs. Do they?

Precisely, many misread and seem to think that I intentionally suicide for some abstruse reason - thanks for pointing out.

But, no - no money is credited to the enemies; as I wrote in my original post "I assume it would be fairer if a suicide was treated like any other kill - ie, the gold [earned from participating in the battle] goes to the other team.".

May 22, 2009 1:21:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree completly. I've had it happen multiple times, and it sucks!  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.