The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Bug] Can't alt-tab

By on May 22, 2009 12:25:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lately I can't alt-tab from the game. It doesn't let me.

Has anyone else noticed this?

+2 Karma | 7 Replies
May 22, 2009 6:56:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, sometimes it doesn't work. Then only Ctrl+Alt+Del will get you out.

But Alt-tab isn't wise, because you are likely to get an exception, about 50% of the time.

May 22, 2009 10:27:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can alt-tab but I lose textures on models when I come back into the game. My Video Card is an nvidia 8800gts on Vista 64-bit.

May 22, 2009 10:38:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you need to alt-tab frequently, it's a good idea with pretty much any game to use windowed mode.

May 22, 2009 1:01:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ctrl-Esc works fine for me. (except for the occasional crash)

May 22, 2009 1:20:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So if u dont play in windowed mode prepare for alot of crashes. WOooHooo!

May 31, 2009 12:38:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kryo,
If you need to alt-tab frequently, it's a good idea with pretty much any game to use windowed mode.

Alt-tabbing frequently isn't the bug; alt-tabbing occasionally can cause crashes. I mean, alt-tabbing in most games on slower computers can cause slowness, sure. But this isn't a performance issue, it's a "I essentially take a 50/50 chance every time I alt-tab to see if my game crashes" issue.

And windowed mode is, at best, yet another workaround. Should I also mention that windowed mode rules out scrolling with the mouse?

May 31, 2009 2:03:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can only alt-tab if there is another taskbar window open in the background. Otherwise I have to use ctrl-alt-del.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.