The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[REL] Mod Manager for Demigod

Note: Only works for LAN games.

By on May 20, 2009 9:00:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
+27 Karma | 19 Replies
May 20, 2009 9:31:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Look at you making every game you goto great! Looks great and I'm sure it'll be even better once they support online modded games.

You ganna tackle the AI in this one too?

May 20, 2009 9:40:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Definitely .

I also plan on branching out and doing some new stuff. I really had fun adding new UI stuff during the beta and plan on re-vamping some of it.

May 20, 2009 10:02:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i really like the health bar mod where you can click and the text stays on. always thought it was kinda lame demigod didn't have it.

May 21, 2009 11:36:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is great groundwork. Any mods out yet?

How modable is the game? for example, could you mod the UI and still play regularly with others?

May 21, 2009 1:17:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You can play normally over LAN.

There are not many mods out atm, but I am going to update some of mine. Hopefully others will create mods as well.

May 22, 2009 9:20:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looking real good! I hope to get some time over the weekend to update and release some of my beta mods so that people can at least use them over GameRanger.

May 22, 2009 9:31:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMFG freaking awesomeness! Very skilled indeed, Sir Sorian.

Is there anyway to make the health numbers stay visible while playing games online with this?

May 22, 2009 12:13:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Over LAN (also via GameRanger or Hamachi), yes. I have a mod I am going to release for that.

Over Impulse, no. This Mod Manager (any modification, in fact) can not be used over Impulse at the moment.

May 23, 2009 1:03:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Would you be able to eventually make it apply UI changes to things like the Join Game section an' such, or can you only do mod loading when you start a game or some such? Not that it would be useful at all right now, but if Demigod eventually supports mods online, it would be nice to be able to run some mods that alter the menus through the mod manager.

June 3, 2009 9:58:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Updated for 1.01.135

You are now reminded to use /allowmismatch if you have this mod installed and try to login to impulse.

A games allowmismatch status is displayed in the tooltip when you hover over a game. Note: this will be "unknown" unless the games host has the Mod Manager installed.

Same link as the first post.

June 4, 2009 9:09:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i really dig the mod-manager, but where to get the mods?

i want the health/mana-text toggle

June 4, 2009 10:40:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Search the forum for [REL], that should find all of the mods.

Health and Mana text toggle is over here: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=409290

June 4, 2009 11:04:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thank you so much

August 17, 2009 3:32:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I put up a modding page for Demigod:

http://www.equalstrue.com/demigod/

Added some links to related posts and a few simple modifications to the game.

Also created "New Helmets", "Uber Minions", "New Achievement Items" mods (not on the site yet), but cannot get the new icons to work with the mod manager (need some help here). For now I just reused existing icons.

I think it would be quite easy and cool to create a tool that random generates the lua files for the items from the item shop, each time with different mods. The hard thing would be the balance (I think closely related to accurate item cost).

August 17, 2009 3:39:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was working on removing the level cap (now 20) and edited the following files:

- conquest.lua

- game.lua

- HUD_xp.lua

Now the Heroes can level all the way up to level 99  But there's one problem: the AI quits after reaching level 21  If someone could help me out on this, thanks in advance.

August 18, 2009 1:17:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
August 18, 2009 10:52:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hah, I just found that exact post on Google

Thanks!!!

August 24, 2009 1:59:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This may seem like a stupid question, but hopefully someone will help anyway. I've downloaded the mod manager, but how do i install it?  It appears as though all i need to do is copy and paste it somewhere, im just not sure where.

August 24, 2009 2:00:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Never mind. I can't read apparently. Sorry about the double post.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.