The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Pantheon will ALWAYS be complete FAIL until the system can dynamically drop and add new players to a not-yet-started game

By on May 20, 2009 8:33:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So SD says that for a majority of the people, game is working flawlessly. I call bs, because every game I've joined in the last few days one or more people cannot connect to others, and I don't think I'm the only one.

So that's fine for custom, people can get kicked and rejoin.

For pantheon and skirmish when someone can't connect, it's time to try over again entirely. This means that a VERY large percentage of the games I try to connect to do not start, despite the game working "flawlessly" from my end.

Once the proxies are in place, and the multiple ip issue thing is fixed, I have a feeling that there are still going to be lots of cases where one person can't connect to another due to some timing glitch, and the entire set-up is still borked. That's why I think the next thing that should be worked on is making it possible for the system to find games that are setting up and do not have enough players, adding new players to them, then launching.

Until then, pantheon and skirmish games are going to have ridiculously low success rates.

+15 Karma | 1 Reply
May 20, 2009 8:46:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If this is implemented, then we should not see the other players names.  People will start to try to match up with buddies.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.