The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Slow and stun stacking

By on May 19, 2009 7:03:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DeadMG

Join Date 04/2008
+5

Stuns don't stack anymore. Interrupts and slows still do. Let me see.

- Ice aura.

- Pentinence.

- Poison Dagger

- MotB.

- Frost nova.

- Wyrmskin Handguards

- Deep Freeze,

- Maim

- Shrapnel Mines

How the hell are you supposed to fight that? The instant you get into combat, you can't use any skills, abilities or consumables, and you can't move, so you instantly die. This means that even if you're with your equally sized team, you're dead. There are far too many skills that remove your ability to play your Demigod. I also hope that you didn't want experience or gold.

The trouble here is with Demigods that start off with instant slow/stun/interrupt skills, and those that don't. E.G. Rook and Torchbearer. If you play Rook, you don't get Boulder Roll until level 5. The enemy gets Deep Freeze at level 1, and can buy Poison Dagger as a favour item. So at level 1, you can instantly stack Pentinence, Poison Dagger, Deep Freeze (and Ice Aura, if you have 2 TBs). I can't stack two groups of towers in one place for instant unstoppable pwnage of the other team anywhere on the map.

Truth is, the problem is skills that stack, versus ones that don't. Fireball/Bite/Spit, you can be hit by all of these at once. You can't double up on Structural Transfer, or Boulder Roll. No enemy will stand under two Hammer Slams.

Locked Post 12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 19, 2009 7:39:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Get the item that says something like slowdown cannot be decreased by more then 25%.  Why are you worring about it at level 1 anyway?  If you see that is how the enemy is playing, get some speed items.  

May 19, 2009 8:11:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't stack two groups of towers in one place for instant unstoppable pwnage of the other team anywhere on the map.

yes you can, if you have 2 other Rooks, they wont even be able to touch you!

Tower stacking is waaay more overpowered then you being slowed down to 4.5 speed. And guess what, Towers cant be interupted nor slowed.

May 19, 2009 8:27:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sevenix: While 2/3 rooks stack towers in one place, a TB comes in and wrecks them with his AoE. Then, meanwhile, his buddies are capturing the other flags. It also takes time to stack towers in one place, and if the Rooks move off, they instantly lose their tower farm benefit.

The trouble with what I've listed above is that it's available instantly at level 1 anywhere on the map. Even stacking speed items doesn't compare to the decrease of that lot put together by a mile.

You speak of the favour item. Yes, I could take that. But then, their entire team gets to pick more useful favour items. Pick a favour item to counter the inherent overpoweredness of the combination of the enemy team, where your abilities don't stack like that. Great idea. Now, I can just lose in regular combat because they picked +800HP or somesuch similar.

May 19, 2009 8:51:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sevenix,
Towers cant be interupted nor slowed.

Who cares about interrupt, when TB can just render them useless via stun.

May 19, 2009 9:51:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sevenix: While 2/3 rooks stack towers in one place, a TB comes in and wrecks them with his AoE. Then, meanwhile, his buddies are capturing the other flags. It also takes time to stack towers in one place, and if the Rooks move off, they instantly lose their tower farm benefit.

And it doesnt take time to wreck them?, and Ice TB deals 800 damage with his frostrain at highest level, it would take atleast 3 waves to kill even a lv1 of rooks towers, the cooldown on rain is some 13 secs so thats almost 40 secs right there, for one tower!

Truth is, the problem is skills that stack, versus ones that don't. Fireball/Bite/Spit, you can be hit by all of these at once. You can't double up on Structural Transfer, or Boulder Roll. No enemy will stand under two Hammer Slams.

Truth is, the problem is skills that stack, versus ones that don't. Hammerslam/Rockroll/shoulderArrows, you can be hit by all of these at once. You can't double up on Mark of Betrayer, or Bramble Shield. No enemy will stand in two ring of fires.

Stop playing TheoryGod, Your whole thread makes no sence at all you are just throwing up wierd scenarios and saying "2 is more then 1" or "rock beats scissors". This is just an unwarranted whine, especially since slows doesnt stack further then 33%  since release. Even the way you compare Stuns (which removes ALL options from the target) with slows and interupts (which removes/reduces one skill/attribute) is faulty in the first place.

May 19, 2009 10:21:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In additional, if they are wasting time on just stunning you and slowing you, you're not taking THAT much damage. Just get some items that let you push through those. Or maybe just maybe you shouldn't be trying to solo 3 or 4 other demigods. Because 1 demigod certainly can't do all that to you and even 2 thats a bit much.

May 19, 2009 11:04:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Honestly you shouldn't be having an issue with being hit by all of those status effects unless you stand there and bend over.  Some of them are % hit, you would have to get stormed half asleep and have some lucky opponents for all of those to land at once.

I've been against the majority of those slows and won, I think you need to readjust your engagement strategy vs status effect heavy dg's... beef up your hp and hp regen, or you could set up ganks on them? Bait them into traps and have teammates flank them. Becoming a better player is a whole lot easier than trying to get the developers to adapt the game to you.  The game is not terribly imbalanced.

May 19, 2009 11:12:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think you complained about every DG in that post.  I don't understand what remedy you seek.  Weird

May 19, 2009 12:01:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Another one of these threads? The only way you could possibly die at lvl 1-5 is because the enemy took a huge risk and ganked you from behind when you were not paying attention, if you run away too late or if you try to take on 2 or more demigods at once.

Not 1 demigod can stun you permanently and if you see that your speed is constandly slowed you could use a wand of speed to gain something back and maybe boots of speed and an Anklet. Picking the Anklet is never a bad choice so you wont lose because of it. If you see you will be stunned and or disabled you could pop your wand of speed to run away or pop that thingie that makes you invul. for 5 seconds. Adapt a lil mate! 

May 19, 2009 2:25:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who cares about interrupt, when TB can just render them useless via stun

That's when you give him the flying rock.  gg Frost Nova, now he's taking massive tower damage.

May 19, 2009 3:07:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Tototot,
Get the item that says something like slowdown cannot be decreased by more then 25%.  Why are you worring about it at level 1 anyway?  If you see that is how the enemy is playing, get some speed items.  

This one actually works for shit, you still get slowed way more then 25%. Somebody else posted a bug somewhere in the speed get lua code, you get slowed till 26% of basespeed of something. At least its easy to see if you just look at your speed that it is in NO WAY 25% of your modified speed.

May 20, 2009 12:46:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Slows are capped at 33% effect.  That's not too rough.  It's certainly not imba, and it has nothing to do with "Demigods that start off with instant slow/stun/interrupt skills, and those that don't"

Except for Mark of Betrayer, which with mines and maim can pretty much slow you to quarter speed.  That is rough, and imba.   

Micah sets that all out, and even includes the fix 

DeadMG if I'm misunderstanding you please clarify

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time: