The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I have large amounts of respect for Regulus and Torchbearer players

By on May 18, 2009 4:39:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Seriously, you guys who clock hours on these two characters, I salute you. Anyone who can put up with listening to such terrible voice acting for such long periods shows true strength of character!

+16 Karma | 29 Replies
May 18, 2009 5:12:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yea, I love TB, but he sounds like an angry 15 year old.

May 18, 2009 5:14:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks

May 18, 2009 5:17:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ice isn't so bad... but Fire is terrible. RAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!! RAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Uggghh...

May 18, 2009 5:39:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I play TB alot. I like his voices actually. He sounds CRAZY like a MADMAN from HELL!

May 18, 2009 6:28:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is also the roar of the rook, after a couple of hours, it starts becoming less fun and more irritating. Some voices could be a little better ( and if i remember well, the TB had a better voice during the beta)

May 18, 2009 7:10:52 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Their voiceovers are both hilarious, I don't know what you're talking about. TB especially. Out of all the characters, those are the two that spout non-stop pop culture references, they are clearly meant to sound stereotypical. It's tongue-in-cheek.

May 18, 2009 7:24:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

" jUSTICE is SERVED "

May 18, 2009 7:25:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SkepticalMind,
Their voiceovers are both hilarious, I don't know what you're talking about. TB especially. Out of all the characters, those are the two that spout non-stop pop culture references, they are clearly meant to sound stereotypical. It's tongue-in-cheek.

i fear it is not intended to be sterotypical and is just really uninspired. But i would be glad to be totally wrong.

May 18, 2009 7:26:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Freeze, dirtbag!

May 18, 2009 7:36:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hot stuff, comming through - If you don't like those turn your music off, it is as simple as that, now quit doing such useless threads.

May 18, 2009 8:01:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I play TB based solely on his voice acting

May 18, 2009 8:04:16 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

OTOH I would pay $ for a 900# to QoT

May 18, 2009 8:06:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

There must be something wrong with my brain, I think the voices are superb, and especially for them characters.

But then I think the voice acting is one of the highlights of Killing Floor and people complain about that.  The common thing is they are both meant to be slightly humorous or tongue in cheek, do you not like that kind of voice acting?

May 18, 2009 8:10:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i think we already had sokmething like this and  i like both there voices and if u dont then turn down thr voice output in the options

May 18, 2009 8:28:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ì love the voice 

Quoting Haree78,
There must be something wrong with my brain, I think the voices are superb, and especially for them characters.

/this

May 18, 2009 10:45:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^^agree.

May 18, 2009 10:46:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ice ice, baby!

May 18, 2009 11:31:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tb is allright, but yes reg is pretty bad

May 18, 2009 11:38:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Fred_Bonaparte,

i fear it is not intended to be sterotypical and is just really uninspired. But i would be glad to be totally wrong.

No it really is 100 percent silly.

if regulus' menu screen line"im going to take these broken wings and learn to fly again" doesn't prove this to you, I suggest watching more crap movies and listening to more crap songs until you understand.

Also read Urban dictionaries definitions of 'post-irony' and you'll understand the mindset that influences pretty much all subtle comedy in contemporary media.

May 18, 2009 11:41:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I believe i can fly!

May 18, 2009 11:44:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like regulus; I just think of zero wing and "justice" together and chuckle.

Don't like TB though.

May 18, 2009 11:53:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

...I find myself laughing along with TB. Maybe I've played too much...

May 18, 2009 11:56:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have always enjoyed the voice acting of TB actually.  I usually focus on voicework far less though while actually playing.

May 18, 2009 12:05:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TB works fine for me. Its too cheezy(!) to be taken seriously, so it works. Regulus however is obnoxious in every single way. And I'm not just talking about this voiceacting. -Every- way. I take great pleasure in chasing down and murdering Reguluses as you can probably tell.

May 18, 2009 12:16:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Was that 5 bolts, or 6!?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000204   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.