The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Note to Rage Quitters: It's not GG once the other team gets Giants.

By on May 16, 2009 4:16:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TheDarkshin...

Join Date 12/2007
+2

In fact, if you go back to your citadel and defend it from said giants, you will level EXTREMELY quickly. On more than one occasion, my team has been able to push back from the brink of death and completely overhwlem the opposing team since their giants let us level way past them.

This leads directly into another important idea: Don't buy giants until you are ABSOLUTELY certain that you will be able to destroy the opposing team's citadel in one swift push. If you buy giants and you aren't able to destroy the citadel swiftly, the opposing team will likely outlevel you by a massive degreee and crush you.

Locked Post 15 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 16, 2009 5:12:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rage Quitters make it to Giants?

May 16, 2009 5:40:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Silphius,
Rage Quitters make it to Giants?

naw, but the giants make it to them

May 16, 2009 5:55:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like to rage quit on rage quitters.

May 16, 2009 8:33:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Most of the games I play, both sides manage to get giants right about the same time.

May 16, 2009 8:46:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

In fact, if you go back to your citadel and defend it from said giants, you will level EXTREMELY quickly. On more than one occasion, my team has been able to push back from the brink of death and completely overhwlem the opposing team since their giants let us level way past them.

This leads directly into another important idea: Don't buy giants until you are ABSOLUTELY certain that you will be able to destroy the opposing team's citadel in one swift push. If you buy giants and you aren't able to destroy the citadel swiftly, the opposing team will likely outlevel you by a massive degreee and crush you.

Depends what level they are when you get giants. If they're low enough they can not stop them. Giants hit hard as hell and have a buttload of hp. If you're low level you can kill a couple before you're running back to your fountain and your base is eating shit.

May 16, 2009 9:11:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's fun watching low AoE teams deal with giants. When I notice they're having trouble, I fully upgrade grunt HP/Armor

May 16, 2009 10:07:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll have to say I agree. I recently had a game as UB paired with another UB against a pair of damned good Regulus players. We reached Giants first, they got them maybe 7-9 minutes later...and the game lasted another 20 minutes from there on in with each side pushing the other back to their base until finally we were able to follow a large wave of creeps in, support them, and get multiple kills on the Regs until we made it into their base.

To make that even more astonishing, my partner had been afk for roughly the first 5 minutes of the game. He turned out to be really good though.

May 17, 2009 5:33:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Map dependant. Some maps, giant are great (cataract); some other map, giant's effect is severely limited (exile).

May 17, 2009 5:44:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you can get Giants fast enough before the enemy DG's are too buff they can do wonders on the enemy bases defences and overwhelm them. But they aren't a "WE WON" reinforcement by any means.

A guy on Crucible I played against used up all his gold to fast-tech to Giants, I was kinda like, Uh Oh but we weren't out of it yet. We ended up winning...we got Giants of our own a bit later and ran into their base and finally beat their citadel.

And the same guy who got them giants even Back Doored us once or twice on that map, but I had amulet of teleportation rawr!

May 18, 2009 4:25:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've experianced a game where one team went all out citadel troop expansions. The other team went items, artifacts. The game ended with one team being level 20 and the other team being level 13, but honestly the giants ended up being a bigger threat then the level 13 demigods.

May 18, 2009 11:34:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heh, this happened to us yesterday.  It was the end of a very frustrating day for me.  I was doing very well as a tower rook, while Regulus and AI Oak handled the rest of the map.  I pushed into the cit, we got catas and eventually giants, and got their cit down to under 10k hp.  They must have bought all the upgrades at once, because the cit health jumped to 26000 and kept climbing.

Their rook ported back, and started slamming Giants.  He quickly outleveled and outspent me.  In no time he had 6000+ hp and a hammer slam that felt like it was doing way more than the 1200 in the description.  In retrospect, I probably could have stood up to him if I had orb of defiance, but I wasn't thinking clearly.

They won.

May 18, 2009 1:34:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and a hammer slam that felt like it was doing way more than the 1200 in the description

May 19, 2009 3:35:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,

and a hammer slam that felt like it was doing way more than the 1200 in the description

Irrelevant, since you shouldn't be getting hit by Hammer Slams at all.

May 20, 2009 2:28:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you get to giants.. you are not rage quitting.  Many of you have seen me in games, I quit when I know it is really pointless (Enemy has over 10 kills and your team has 0).

May 20, 2009 2:44:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

good point. one time on prison map(3v3) we were able to defend from enemy giants with my ice tb making them useless. then we got giants, battle continued with giants for like 20 minutes. pushed all the way back to their citadel capturin a portal & takin the win.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000782   Page Render Time: