The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Late Thursday connectivity update verdicts

By on May 15, 2009 1:06:23 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Ok guys. Let us have it.  We’ve largely rewritten the way users get connected for custom games.

So…

Is it better?

Let us know.

Update:

We are asking about the initial connectivity - getting connected to other players.  Not your experiences with other people once in the game. That is a seperate discussion.

+912 Karma | 177 Replies
May 18, 2009 4:51:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't have any router. If i play multiplayer through internet it's only custom games because i don't have patience to wait for skirmish or pantheon games to get into the lobby. So in custom games connecting to lobby is ok (could be faster) but when you play the game, very often when i get killed i have some strange connection problems. Often somebody leaves (don't know if the cause is rage quitting or connection problems) and because of it sometimes in the end of the game you play 1vs3.

So multiplayer experience is still not the best one for me, so i play single most of the time.

May 20, 2009 2:37:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm having a lot of issues getting into games.  The connection box is very useful and tells us who's connected to who, however, there almost always seems to be one person who can't connect to anyone.  This then means that the system sits there and waits and waits and waits for the one person to connect.

Normally what happens is that after 2-5 minutes most of the people have quit the game and tried again.  This means that you have to keep canceling the match and trying again in hope that everyone can connect.

Would it be possible to boot 'un-connected' players from teh game after say 30 - 60 seconds of trying and replace them with someone else?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.