The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

pantheon game start problems

By on May 13, 2009 8:09:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I played pantheon for the first time in a fair while last night.  

Finding a game was a lot quicker than it has been in the past, and looking at connection info everyone connected to each other quite quickly.

Unforutnately after that it went to the loading screen for demigod and just sat there for about 5 minutes.

I don't believe the game had crashed, however due to the nature of this screen it's difficult to tell.  alt tab, ctrl+alt+delete didn't work, and I couldn't access the impulse overlay, but maybe these are disabled for the loading screen.

Regardless I found it fairly frustrating as a user experience and would appreciate some more user feedback on that screen (eg, am I loading myself, am I waiting for other clients to load? am I trying to establish connections again?)

Take a look at the C&C series and the Dawn Of War / Company of Heroes series, they have a progress bar for all players, that's a great start.  Maybe some text indicating what the software is attempting to do at this stage would also be useful.

So there's two things here, one is reporting an apparant crash, the other is a request for more user feedback when the map is loading.

+3 Karma | 0 Replies
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000015   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.