The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Pro tips from a Pro who gives Tips

Learn, good nooblets, about this great game

By on May 12, 2009 9:26:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's a fact, many of you QQ. Unfortunately, those who QQ are usually the inexperienced nubs.  This is to solve this issue by giving you general tips for ANY demigod.

So, sit back, read, be pro.

Fact: Many of you want to be pro, and try to be cool. This is a video documenting your pathetic attempts

Obviously, the first attempt was successful because she listened to me.  The second was a noob dying to Erebus' COMPLETELY BALANCED skillz.  The cat is me.

Now, the second player did THREE things to fail so hard- he OVEREXTENDED himself,  he RAN INTO TOWERS, and he NEVER USED CONSUMABLES.

1.  Overextending is a common problem for most noobs.  Towers are CRUCIAL for support, and often scare off would be dominators.  STAY CLOSE, these are best defended.  Also, NEVER CHASE a demigod into HIS towers.... which brings me to exactly my next point

2. STOP. It's better to let the other player LIVE with 45 health than to kill him and DIE.  So, stop, and DON'T run into the enemy team's towers.  If you manage to get the other Demigod low on HPs, then let him take the 40seconds to go back and heal, and kill his tower.  Next encounter, you will be able to kill him- this is preparing for the future.

3.  If you are low, its better to spend 400gold on a potion than 40seconds running back to your crystal.  You defend your tower, and are able to whittle the other guy down.

I hope this helps!  These 3 points are the REASON you guys die to Erebus.  He was DESIGNED to capitalize on noobs who don't account for at least 2 of these points, and you will ALWAYS die overextending.

Enjoy my peons.

+25 Karma | 75 Replies
May 14, 2009 8:24:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tThanx 4 the tips chaosnaka, many karma for you

May 14, 2009 10:24:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,
When you have two players of the SAME skill level battling eachother out, the Erebus will always win.

You're so full of it:

Top Demigods

QED

May 14, 2009 10:29:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kerzain,
What if you arent leveling very quickly because all the xp stuff dies before it reaches you and your tower?
Get to your outermost defense tower and stand there.  If you're even close to where the enemy mobs are running into your towers and dying, you'll get XP.  If you're standing next to your citadel and the battle is on the other side of the map, you're really a noob...

May 14, 2009 12:33:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting illumin8,

Quoting Protocept00, reply 15When you have two players of the SAME skill level battling eachother out, the Erebus will always win.
You're so full of it:

Top Demigods

QED

He's not, in any 1v1 situation of equal skill erebus always wins. Until bat swarm only oak has an actual chance of winning due to penitence. The only demi's that even stand a chance are sedna and a tower rook.

Don't bring up pantheon stats again, pantheon has bots and probably the most new people play it as well.

May 14, 2009 1:32:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

in every 1vs1 situation with erebus and sedna involved the fight never ends

May 14, 2009 1:48:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Foreshadowed,
just beat Chaosnaka 2v2, I was UB w/ a TB and he was Erebus w/ Sedna he got stomped and ragequit a custom game of conquest. I honestly wasnt able to distinguish him from any other noob, but when he said "I want old bite back, this is lame" I recognized the same lame bullshit from his Erebus nerf posts.

Also, he used alot of pots, but still managed to die with spit on him, maybe buy more health pots??

PRO TIP: Mist removes spit, lul.

ROFL Foreshadowed, nice man. Good catch. See? As I said already, he's whining about Erebus. He lost now, and doesn't have any other characters to play as because his friend told him Erebus was OPd so he must use him. What's the noob gonna do now?

May 14, 2009 1:51:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting illumin8,

Quoting Protocept00, reply 15When you have two players of the SAME skill level battling eachother out, the Erebus will always win.
You're so full of it:

Top Demigods

QED

lol Hardly a very accurate list. You haven't taken into account that Erebus only recently started being used by a lot of people. When the game first came out it was Reg and UB who everyone cried over. More people played as them... however, once word got around of Erebus's killing ability everyone jumped on the bandwagon and started using him. And that's when attention got payed to Erebus and he was highly scrutiinzed and that's what led developers to nerfing him immeidately.

Have you noticed, ever since the Erebus nerf the Forces of Light started winning? lol

May 14, 2009 1:54:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chaosnaska,

Quoting Foreshadowed, reply 20just beat Chaosnaka 2v2, I was UB w/ a TB and he was Erebus w/ Sedna he got stomped and ragequit a custom game of conquest. I honestly wasnt able to distinguish him from any other noob, but when he said "I want old bite back, this is lame" I recognized the same lame bullshit from his Erebus nerf posts.

Also, he used alot of pots, but still managed to die with spit on him, maybe buy more health pots??

cool story bro

You got owned. Now you're hiding behind a "IDC attitude" to make it seem like you really don't care and that it doesn't bother you. You know it does... deep down inside... you're so angry! Full of rage and absolutely pissed off that your OPd Demigod got nerfed and now you can't win any games because you can't use any of the other Demigods properly! haha you stupid failcake. Go kill yourself, it's easy to see through you.

May 14, 2009 2:00:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Has the OP rage quit this thread?

May 14, 2009 2:07:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
Has the OP rage quit this thread?

I believe so. Or, he's playing a Demigod match against the AI using Erebus on Crucible to make himself feel better.

May 14, 2009 2:19:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

May 14, 2009 3:42:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Foreshadowed,
just beat Chaosnaka 2v2, I was UB w/ a TB and he was Erebus w/ Sedna he got stomped and ragequit a custom game of conquest. I honestly wasnt able to distinguish him from any other noob, but when he said "I want old bite back, this is lame" I recognized the same lame bullshit from his Erebus nerf posts.

TROLL

May 14, 2009 6:09:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chaosnaska,

Foreshadowed, reply 20just beat Chaosnaka 2v2, I was UB w/ a TB and he was Erebus w/ Sedna he got stomped and ragequit a custom game of conquest. I honestly wasnt able to distinguish him from any other noob, but when he said "I want old bite back, this is lame" I recognized the same lame bullshit from his Erebus nerf posts.

[/quote]

cool story bro

[quote who="Chaosnaska" reply="62" id="2205766"]

Foreshadowed, reply 20just beat Chaosnaka 2v2, I was UB w/ a TB and he was Erebus w/ Sedna he got stomped and ragequit a custom game of conquest. I honestly wasnt able to distinguish him from any other noob, but when he said "I want old bite back, this is lame" I recognized the same lame bullshit from his Erebus nerf posts.

TROLL

So if its a troll, you think the best course of action is replying to it twice, exposing people to twice your failreply skills?

May 14, 2009 6:17:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TurielD,

Quoting Chaosnaska, reply 22

cool story bro

Quoting Chaosnaska,

TROLL

So if its a troll, you think the best course of action is replying to it twice, exposing people to twice your failreply skills?

I think the second attempt hardly counts as a fail. I had a fucking video of Trolls 2. That is great success

May 14, 2009 7:41:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

God it's so sad that a troll has gotten so much karma... people really don't know what it's intended use is... I mean come on people he even said he was from /b/ which is troll central....

May 14, 2009 8:00:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Xinoxlx,
God it's so sad that a troll has gotten so much karma... people really don't know what it's intended use is... I mean come on people he even said he was from /b/ which is troll central....

I never said this.  Look through my post history and link me to when i said this!

May 15, 2009 2:17:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chaosnaska,

Quoting Xinoxlx, reply 15God it's so sad that a troll has gotten so much karma... people really don't know what it's intended use is... I mean come on people he even said he was from /b/ which is troll central....

I never said this.  Look through my post history and link me to when i said this!

From Concerning Store bought minions thread: Reply 7

b died in the great DDos wars.  It ceases it exist.  This is my new refuge. Acptmeplz

Bolded part. Only recall that post since it was the one that told me I should stop taking anything you say seriously.

Also come on, your avatar is enough indication you at the very least go to 4chan often.

May 15, 2009 2:24:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The tips only confirm my suspcions about you Chaosnaska. I don't think you should be giving tips to anyone.

May 15, 2009 6:53:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting WickedBear,
The tips only confirm my suspcions about you Chaosnaska. I don't think you should be giving tips to anyone.

ORLY?

May 15, 2009 6:56:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,

You got owned. Now you're hiding behind a "IDC attitude" to make it seem like you really don't care and that it doesn't bother you. You know it does... deep down inside... you're so angry! Full of rage and absolutely pissed off that your OPd Demigod got nerfed and now you can't win any games because you can't use any of the other Demigods properly! haha you stupid failcake. Go kill yourself, it's easy to see through you.

You can look at my game history, and also who i've played with.  Considering my last 8 games have been Victories, and he had posted that troll 2 days ago, he obviously is lying.

Play him off, keyboard cat!

OH SHI-

May 15, 2009 8:26:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this sure is a thread

May 15, 2009 8:46:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"It's Erebus extremely high DPS, minions, healing, and easy retreat that make him such an OPed character."

guys i play erubus as my secondary (UB being my prime time cat, ps i really like these videos) and Ive never found his "high dps".  His dps is mediocre.  Maybe someone could help me out here on how to unlock it?  (no sarcasm)

also im decently ranked, for all yous who only listen to rank.  And ill tell you as one of the "better" players that Ive gotten my ass handed to me so. many. times by every different demigod class as i play whichever DG is supposedly OP this week.  This tells me that not only am I being outskilled, but there are just natural DG combo's out there that just destroy whatever youve decided to play.  Some rook and regulus builds just ass rape me as erubus. 

They did a fantastic job balancing this game - as has been brought up so many times, this is a team sport.  Erubus , IMO, needs bite, as he lacks any other way to do decent damage.  ill have to play with the nerf though to really have an opinion.  stay tuned. 

+1 to chaos, ppl need to stop being so srs.

May 15, 2009 10:56:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bumping because I lost 2 games in a row.

1) My kill/death was 5/0.  My ally died 5 times and RAGEQUIT.

2) My kill death was 11/1.  My ally died 16 times on crucible.  Naturally, the enemy had artifacts.  The game lasted 1hr, i had an artifact, they both had artifacts, and my ally was 17 at the conclusion of the game (everyone else was level 20).

These tips are very valuable.  Oh well, /end rage

May 15, 2009 11:24:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting timiny_cricket,
Fair enough. But I think Chaos isn't taking himself too seriously. He's certainly not as bad as some of the trolls around these forums. The title says it all. He's harmless... just a bit silly.

He's not harmless, he's an asshole that goes around shooting his mouth off, trying to engage people in peurile mudslinging matches to derail threads and generally bringing the tone of the place that bit closer to the gutter.

When frogboy said "lets have a nicer community" chaos was the first guy to get up and say "to hell with that, I want more conflict"

While I think the best response would be for everyone to ignore him, a close second would be him being banned or leaving of his own accord.  I don't think that'll happen though as he seems to be pretty good at being as offensive as possible without ACTUALLY crossing the line.

To summarize, Chaosnaska is a douche and I don't like him.  I find it mildly depressing that so many people give him good karma

May 16, 2009 12:22:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheTrav,

Quoting timiny_cricket, reply 7Fair enough. But I think Chaos isn't taking himself too seriously. He's certainly not as bad as some of the trolls around these forums. The title says it all. He's harmless... just a bit silly.
He's not harmless, he's an asshole that goes around shooting his mouth off, trying to engage people in peurile mudslinging matches to derail threads and generally bringing the tone of the place that bit closer to the gutter.

When frogboy said "lets have a nicer community" chaos was the first guy to get up and say "to hell with that, I want more conflict"

While I think the best response would be for everyone to ignore him, a close second would be him being banned or leaving of his own accord.  I don't think that'll happen though as he seems to be pretty good at being as offensive as possible without ACTUALLY crossing the line.

To summarize, Chaosnaska is a douche and I don't like him.  I find it mildly depressing that so many people give him good karma

iiiiirrrrroooonnnnnyyyyyyy

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000485   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.