The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I bought a game thru Impulse..

but I haven't gotten an email to confirm it...

By on May 12, 2009 8:16:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just bought a game earlier this morning hoping that I'd get to play it before I went to work..but then Stardock/Impulse was down and I got to error screen after I paid for the material. I haven't received an email to link me to the game or anything to show me where or how to get it running...

I got an email from paypal showing that I paid for the game... is there something I'm missing or is this a technical issue?

Hellppp... I want my game..

+24 Karma | 21 Replies
May 12, 2009 8:55:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is the e-mail on your paypal account the same than the one on your Impulse account?

May 12, 2009 9:03:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@MishYu: I would suggest to e-mail Stardock Support about this and give them all the information they need (Impulse account name and PayPal e-mail address). They will resolve it pretty quick.

May 12, 2009 9:03:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Peace Phoenix,
Is the e-mail on your paypal account the same than the one on your Impulse account?

Yes it is... however, when I ordered it, I didn't get an order information screen or an email with my order, I got an error screen, although paypal clearly states that the money went through. So now I'm worried.

The billing information and shipping information had to be changed from bfs email address to mine because of paypal, but I changed that and supposedly it saved.

May 12, 2009 9:03:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky,
@MishYu: I would suggest to e-mail Stardock Support about this and give them all the information they need (Impulse account name and PayPal e-mail address). They will resolve it pretty quick.

Yeah I did, just waiting for a response for now. I'm asking on here to to see if there is anything I did wrong or something?

May 12, 2009 9:30:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If the email is the same, does it show up in the My Games tab when you log in? The way Impulse buys work is once the payment is processed, the registration is automatically added to your account and should show up in My Games and the registrations screen. Maybe the emails just got spam blocked, been known to happen.

May 12, 2009 9:34:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Annatar11,
If the email is the same, does it show up in the My Games tab when you log in? The way Impulse buys work is once the payment is processed, the registration is automatically added to your account and should show up in My Games and the registrations screen. Maybe the emails just got spam blocked, been known to happen.

Nope.   I bought Restaurant Empire, doesn't show up. I also checked my spam filters, nothing there either.

May 12, 2009 9:35:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If it doesn't show up in "My Games", does it show up under "Registrations" in your account at all? (I don't have an Impulse client available right now, I don't know where to find the Registrations tab exactly.)

May 12, 2009 9:40:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know where to find the Registrations tab exactly

Can get to it from the Impulse orb.

In any case, it definitely sounds like support will need to take a look at it. Paypal tends to be a little flakey sometimes.

May 12, 2009 2:02:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no, no records of it being purchased on my impulse.

I'm worried that even though I changed the email address from my bf's email to my email, that due to stardock being down for that brief time.. it might not have saved and was sent to his email address... and it was an old aol address that he can't get the password for cuz Aol sucks.

I want my gammmmmeee...

May 12, 2009 2:06:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They'll be able to fix it if that happened

May 12, 2009 2:10:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah but it's the TIME it takes to fix it.

taking tooo lonnnggg *cries*

lol Dammit, what I get for wanting instant gratification.

May 12, 2009 2:17:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You got an error screen? Saying the order couldn't be rocessed?

Hmm. Does Paypal do pre-auth?

May 12, 2009 2:17:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Haha Admittedly I never use paypal, but credit card never fails on the instant gratification front

Edit: By the way, you did get an auto-reply when you sent in the support ticket, right?

May 12, 2009 2:20:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I got an error screen saying that it couldnt' show me the next page and to click back or "take me home". So I went back and tried to place the order thru again and it said "Cannot complete because process has already been completed" or something along those lines.. Basically saying that the order was complete.

So it went through.. I just don't know WHERE it went to exactly. lol

May 12, 2009 2:25:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just don't know WHERE it went to exactly

*puts on an eyepatch and pirate hat and speaks in his best pirate-y accent*

Arrr.. it be a lost soul now, floatin' on the vast sea of cyberspace. I hear tell when the sun sets ye can barely see it on that there horizon. Tis bad luck to call out its name, lest you want to be haunted in yer dreams, lass.

May 12, 2009 6:33:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol hahah you're funny.

But stardock got it fixed. It showed up on my games on impulse. w00t!

Thank you Stardock!

May 12, 2009 10:39:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol hahah you're funny.

Most people just ask where I keep my crack stash, but I'll take that too.

Glad it's fixed up!

May 13, 2009 8:24:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol how much you sellin that crack for yo?

Eh... I'm starting to regret buying this game....

*face palm* The demo made it look so deep but...*yawn*

May 13, 2009 8:29:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Crack's free for friends and neighborhood foxes.

May 13, 2009 8:41:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

whoopee!!!!

You bring the crack I bring da pipppee.. .

May 13, 2009 8:43:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

da pipppee

The double 'e' at the end of that totally gives the wrong impression. Took me a bit to figure out you meant pipe

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.